It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facility Nurse Watches Patient Slowly Die, Refuses CPR

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Why do they even have a nurse on staff collecting a pay check if she isn`t allowed to do anything? they could train a monkey to call 911 when someone falls down and the monkey would work for bananas.

That seems like a pretty sweet job for the nurse she collects a salary at the going rate of a nurse and she doesn`t have to do anything except dial 911.

I guess being a nurse is just a pay check to her she isn`t in the profession to help people I think there are a lot of people like that in the world now.
She should probably lose her nursing liscence,i mean if she doesn`t want to help people then she doesn`t need it.

Wow great point about her being paid as a nurse too that didn't even cross my mind.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
She was under STRICT ORDERS to not medically assist these people, they are to CALL 911 and stand by.
THAT IS IT.

She was on duty. She would have lost her job if she provided CPR. I understand a life is more important than her job BUT.. thats how it is

DONT BE MAD WITH HER, BE UPSET WITH HER EMPLOYER!

You understand a life is more important than a job but... what? BUT WHAT?!

BUT WHAT

BUT WHAT

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
An over worked and under paid nurse suffering from care fatigue (As many of them do) will not engage the heart before engaging the brain. This is a very sad fact. I don't condone her behavior, I deplore it, but I do feel I can understand it. Sad as that is.

In France she would be prosecuted. They have a good Samaritan law where it is your duty to help a fellow in need. I love this, and think all countries should have a similar law.

The case listed here breaks my heart, but don't be fooled in to thinking this is a one off. There is a bigger agenda afoot..... as in all historical examples, depopulation starts with the elderly and the week.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Congratulations America - liability trumps humanity.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is how things get done in the USA these days, im amazed no one had a camera to film it for youtube. The blame here lies on corporate greed coupled with fear of lawsuits, so no the nurse was not going to put herself in trouble. You should have took the occupation movement more seriously.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Libertarian agenda.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

I urge you to go to congress and make your point. The patient gave informed consent and had her signature on the paper that stated NO MEDICAL INTERVENTIONS ! Do you think for a second the agency did not have informed consent papers signed on this issue??? Once a patient signs that document, you don't have a legal ground to stand on!
Do you want Government to intervene on private business??? What is everyone really mad at? Nurses are put in disparaging positions all the time : for example when a patient has a DNR and the family goes against it.

Do we even have enough information to pass such a judgement ?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
She was under STRICT ORDERS to not medically assist these people, they are to CALL 911 and stand by.
THAT IS IT.

She was on duty. She would have lost her job if she provided CPR. I understand a life is more important than her job BUT.. thats how it is

DONT BE MAD WITH HER, BE UPSET WITH HER EMPLOYER!

Not only would she have lost her job, she would have opened herself up to a huge lawsuit from the family as well if the women had died anyway.

Like it or not, with the choices this women had- most of us would have done the exact same thing.

No, she wouldn't have. Did you not hear the 911 operator tell that idiot woman that EMS assumes liability when instructing people do do CPR? She was at no risk for a lawsuit. If she would have lost her job, SHE could have sued the company. If they are an "independent" care place, then other residents are INDEPENDENT and can decide whether or not to do CPR. But that sorry, evil, sick disgusting excuse for a human being refused to allow anyone else at the scene to perform CPR.

I don't see how this isn't murder, or at the least manslaughter. I didn't know corporate policy overrides the law. If I start up a corporation, and it's "corporate policy" that all women who enter the building can be raped, that doesn't somehow make it legal to rape people coming into the building. If someone is dying, and you not only refuse to help yourself, but refuse to allow someone ELSE to help, that's at least manslaughter.

Remember that video of that little Chinese girl who got ran over by the car, and nobody helped her? Everyone was saying how awful that is? This is nearly just as bad. I hope the woman who refused to help gets AIDS and dies. I'm serious. She deserves to suffer and die for what she did. I cannot put into words how disgusted I am with her.

And what is wrong with you people defending her? Jesus christ, what happened to the world? Someone said "shes 89 that's old enough, let her die" well, they basically said that. Sick

What the hell is going on in this world, I'm just in awe right now.

The defense of the company is effing ridiculous. They don't do CPR because they are not a medical facility? WTF? You know, a hotel isn't a medical facility either, but I bet if someone was dying at a hotel someone would be willing to give them CPR. Since when is it normal to refuse to do CPR just because you aren't a medical facility? Do they/you/anyone realize that normal citizens who are not nurses or medical doctors do CPR and save lives all the time?

Someone else said it was a bad idea to do CPR because you might break her bones. SERIOUSLY? What are you smoking????!!?? "Don't save that woman's life, you might break one of her bones" Does that make any sense at all? Somehow a broken bone is worse than her dying?

I feel like I'm in a dream right now.... for some reason this is just confusing the heck out of me and I'm just blown away. 9/11 made sense, newtown made sense, there are crazy evil people in the world and they do bad things. but THIS does NOT make sense. The woman was so calm on the phone while she was basically murdering this woman. No remorse, no feelings. She is a disgusting worthless shell of a human.

And the woman's daughter didn't even care? I wonder if the woman's daughter was paying off the people at the place to kill her mother to collect on life insurance or inheritance?

And you people cry and moan about "obama's death panels" yet are OK with this? What's wrong with you? There is zero legitimate defense to this

I'm just so frazzled right now, not once in my entire life have I EVER been so affected by something, I feel like I'm living among DEMONS, that's what you people are that don't have a problem with this.

Sick sick sick...... i regret even coming to ATS tonight... and knowing there are people here that are OK and support the murder of the elderly makes me never want to come back again.... uck

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong
An over worked and under paid nurse suffering from care fatigue (As many of them do) will not engage the heart before engaging the brain. This is a very sad fact. I don't condone her behavior, I deplore it, but I do feel I can understand it. Sad as that is.

In France she would be prosecuted. They have a good Samaritan law where it is your duty to help a fellow in need. I love this, and think all countries should have a similar law.

The case listed here breaks my heart, but don't be fooled in to thinking this is a one off. There is a bigger agenda afoot..... as in all historical examples, depopulation starts with the elderly and the week.

she isnt an over worked under paid nurse. the facility made a statement that said they do NOT have ANY nurses on staff, which is their excuse for murdering their residents

either the woman was lying, the facility is lying, or she used to be a nurse somewhere else, quit, and started working at this facility. doesn't make any sense does it?

and your last comment about an agenda.... 5 minutes ago I would have rolled my eyes, but right now, after this story, and seeing some people defend and support this monster, Im starting to think you might be right

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

What people do not realize is how the courts, including the US Supreme Court, has ruled in events like these.

When it comes to emergency medical situations outside of a Hospital / Medical facility, the people present, regardless of their background and training, are not required to provide certain medical procedures, like CPR.

This is based on the number of communicable diseases that have surfaced over the years. As a police officer I am a certified medical first responder. We are NOT required to provide CPR to patients (mouth to mouth).

With this being said, the newer guidelines for CPR pretty much completely drops the mouth to mouth part. It is solely based on chest compressions now.

With this being said, I am merely pointing out the why that some people are going to be asking. I am not saying the nurse was right or wrong in her action. For those who have never been involved in a medical situation where a person is not breathing / covered in blood etc -

Saying what you would do if present compared to what you would actualy do if you were in fact present will always be different. Please keep this in mind when judging. 20/20 hindsight paints a false picture of the situation.

The techincal term is called a DNR order - Do Not Resuscitate. I have seen what can happen when that order is ignored. The liability is staggering and ended up with a law suit the Hospital was all to happy to quickly settle.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by paleorchid13

the residents agreed to live there under the rule that staff would not intervene

but this monster woman stopped other residents from helping. if she doesn't want to help, and keep her job, that's fine, i think she is evil but its understandable

but then she refused to allow any other residents to help the woman THAT is what makes her evil

if this is an independent place, and the whole idea is that the staff is not there to take care of residents, then what right do they have to stop other residents from helping? i thought they were independent?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I both respect and understand your point in this matter, but in this situation, it comes down to this "nurse" cared more about her job than the life of another human being. I honestly don't care what the rules or regulations are. This woman could have saved this person's life. She chose not to. To save her job.

We are talking about scum here. $10 an hour (probably less) was more important than saving a woman's life to this individual. There was no DNR.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Bacardi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Correct chest compressions would have broken bones. Why did the patient give informed consent, if she was full code ...to an agency that did not provide medical intervention? There aren't enough details here. For an 87 year old, we don't know if she would want to be put through the torture of CPR and all the medical interventions. Obviously, her daughter WAS satisfied. What's wrong with letting someone die without torture?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by paleorchid13
reply to post by James1982

Correct chest compressions would have broken bones. Why did the patient give informed consent, if she was full code ...to an agency that did not provide medical intervention? There aren't enough details here. For an 87 year old, we don't know if she would want to be put through the torture of CPR and all the medical interventions. Obviously, her daughter WAS satisfied. What's wrong with letting someone die without torture?

if the woman didnt want help, she would have had a DNR.

my main problem isnt that the woman simply refused to help, its that the woman refused to let anyone else help.

the woman was passed out, she wasnt concious, she wouldn't feel cpr

you are asking a good question whether or not she would choose to have cpr done, but the fact that she never got a dnr would be a good starting point to think she might want help if she is dying.

the staff would have to know who did and did not have a dnr, because if she calls 911 on someone WITH a dnr then she could get in trouble. so they knew she didnt have a DNR.

i mean, isnt that the whole point of a DNR to make sure people know you dont want to be revived? are we just going to start assuming that all old people want to die as soon as possible?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
. I hope the woman who refused to help gets AIDS and dies. I'm serious. She deserves to suffer and die for what she did. I cannot put into words how disgusted I am with her.

I stopped reading at this point. You should be ashamed of yourself. I am disgusted that anyone would say something like this no matter what the provocation. Terrible, terrible thing to say. Shame on you.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by paleorchid13

Totally agree, not all the evidence is presented. And after seeing my 86 year old Father in a nursing home for the last two weeks, knowing he can never come home again as he is suffering with Alzheimers and seeing all the further advanced patients and their loss of dignity on so many levels I can kind of understand her decision.
Don't preach unless you know the full story. Some of these elderly people rarely get visitors as other than not knowing their children, they soil themselves, dribble they in some ways have become babies again.
These are terrible things to see.
This is heartbreaking and what me and my family have in store. I would not voluntarily assist my Fathers suicide but to see him in the state of some of the others and it is going to happen scares the crap out of me.
I don't agree with what she has done but she see's these people every day and probably knows the patient's wish's better than anyone.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

. I hope the woman who refused to help gets AIDS and dies. I'm serious. She deserves to suffer and die for what she did. I cannot put into words how disgusted I am with her.

I stopped reading at this point. You should be ashamed of yourself. I am disgusted that anyone would say something like this no matter what the provocation. Terrible, terrible thing to say. Shame on you.

The woman sat there and watched another human die because she cared more about her lousy minimum wage job than another human life. People should be outraged. This quote is nothing but venting that anger.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bacardi

The woman sat there and watched another human die because she cared more about her lousy minimum wage job than another human life. People should be outraged. This quote is nothing but venting that anger.

This is disgusting and I can't believe anyone would defend it. Anger is no excuse. This poster has sunk to the low level he is claiming to oppose. Would he stand by and smile as this "nurse" died? How far do you go with this? You become as bad as those you condemn with an attitude like this one.

The lowest common denominator is only useful in mathematics. Here it is shameful.
edit on 5-3-2013 by nothingwrong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

I'm just going to say that karma is a b****. I don't wish ill on the woman, but the universe has it's ways of dealing justice out to the scum.

There is no excuse for what this woman did. None.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

you have a right to your opinion

in my opinion once people cross a line of doing something so evil, they loose any and all rights to be treated as a human, or even as a living creature.

stopping people from saving the life of an old woman is crossing that line, and once you're over it, you never come back

i never understood people like you who dont understand the difference between bad things happening to bad people, and bad things happening to good people.

should we never lock up criminals because it's mean to do so?

people who commit evil deserve evil commited back on them, this woman qualifies.

how am i a bad person for wishing the evil get punished? i dont get it

this "woman" is responsible for the death of another woman, that's not terrible? thats not awful?

Yes I would smile while watching this demon get what she deserves.

there are hundreds of millions of people on this planet that follow religions that teach that bad people will go to hell, and suffer worse than anyone can even begin to imagine.

THAT's ok? but i'm a bad guy?

why are christians ok with the idea of evil people being tortured in hell (and their idea of evil people covers people who don't even do anything bad. a person is a homosexual, doesn't hurt ANYBODY, yet goes to hell and is tortured, and that's ok?

you can be upset with my idea of punishment, but please dont act as if i'm the only person who feels this way. in actuality im in the majority. any and all religious people that believe in hell are guilty of being OK with a much worse outcome than this woman getting AIDS and dying. Because THAT's oh so terrible, but someone goes to hell for being gay? Or someone goes to hell for using the lord's name in vain? or someone goes to hell for doing drugs or getting drunk? those people suffer a worse fate than simply getting AIDS and dying, but everyone is ok with that, but you are repulsed by an evil woman getting punishment?

boggles my mind. i bet you would be upset if I said pedophiles should get AIDS and die too huh? you don't think a pedophile should suffer? you dont think people that kill without cause should suffer?
edit on 5-3-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join