page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong
reply to post by James1982

You honestly don't understand do you?

You think I am pathetic because I say it is wrong to wish bad things on people? You say stupid things about who I would hang out with because you think I am defending...... who exactly do you think I am defending? Never mind brother. Think what you will.

Just realise that it is the bigger man who is able to look past the evil and still find a human being. Look into your heart and try to see what you have become when you wish for others to suffer and die, whatever it is they may have done.

Don't you understand? Really?

I don't condone what this woman did, it was a terrible thing and I would not have done the same. I know you would not have done the same either.

So grow up, stop throwing around stupid insults, and remember that compassion is something which blesses the compassionate as much as those for whom we feel compassion.

edit on 5-3-2013 by nothingwrong because: (no reason given)

i never said you were pathetic nor do i believe that you are. i dont know anything about you other than the fact that you have a problem with bad things happening to bad people. that is enough to know that we will never agree with each and are probably very different people.

and who is the bigger or better man means absolutely nothing to me. if you feel it is right to forgive the wicked, regardless of what they have done, then you are doing what you feel is right and that's all that's to be said about that.

i am more than capable of feeling compassion, empathy, and forgiveness, but only for those deserving of it. someone that hurts a child doesn't deserve any of those things. someone that tortures someone innocent doesn't deserve any of those things, someone that kills the innocent doesn't deserve any of those things, someone that rapes someone doesn't deserve any of those things. this is an unbending opinion. torturing, raping, killing are not mistakes to be forgiven. they are the last act of a human being before changing into a shell.

forgiveness can only be given to someone with a heart, and people who do these things have no heart. they were either born without it or lost it long ago, and it only hurts society and future victims to think these people are capable of change or deserving of forgiveness

i will continue to grow until i die but those core values will never change. you say for me to stop using stupid insults, i assume you mean you playing ping pong with pedophiles and murderers? if you are the type of person who can look past deeds as evil as those, and still see a human inside, then that should not be an insult to you should it? why would you have a problem playing pingpong with pedophiles and murders if you can still related to them and feel compassion for them as a fellow human being? you are ok with forgiving them but not playing pingpong?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I commend you! What you do everyday is such a blessing.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by paleorchid13

The way we treat our elderly citizens leaves a bad taste in my mouth!

Probably for the best that you got out of the profession, least for you peace of mind anyway.

edit on 5-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I agree with you we have a massive turnover of staff because people do not care, I have seen people not wipe peoples bums after going to the toilet and boy it makes me mad.
As you know in the UK the CQC is coming down on care homes and good it needs to be done, but they tell us to get all this training and the cost is put on the worker.
Iam doing lots of training and by september I will have spent 900 quid on it, and I earn min wage.
Will I get a raise when the training is done? no.
The only way to keep good staff or to attract caring people to the proffession is to pay more but no care home does and that is why we get rubbish staff. (not all but most).
I can't believe Iam still there to be honest, wiping bums cleaning up sick getting attacked by 94 year olds every day all for 6.18 an hour...how many decent people will do that.
On average we hire 5 new staff evry other month because 5 have left, most last ONE shift some last a week or two but out of around 20 new staff since chrimbo only one has stayed.

Oh and while Iam on a mini rant the core problem with care homes etc is that they are run to make money, In any care setting If you are trying to make money care quality will go down.
In twenty years we are in really big trouble with all the boomer generation getting old, there are not enough places to look after them all.
edit on 5-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Back then, I was young. I didn't know anything about anything. NOW is a different story....If i ever saw what I saw back then ..I would raise hell. I'm not afraid to be fired, and I'm not afraid to make a stink.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Boymonkey, I have two friends who have had expirience in the field of residential care. One left the profession after working nights for seven years, and the other who is currently in the middle of a two week stretch of thirteen hour shifts, also at night. I have heard the tales, seen the scratches, the bite marks, the soiled clothing and the completely bedraggled aftermath of thier labours on behalf of the elderly.

I am familiar by association with those people, with what you describe. However, I cannot imagine either of my friends watching someone die when there was something they could have done to prevent it. They are, you see, human beings first and employees second.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

If that's the case, then she needs to be upfront about her reasons. The way it looks now, the entire country hates her. It can't be much worse telling the truth.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Me too I would have done cpr on the lady, even though I have done it 4 times now and each time I failed to save the person.
Let me tell you I feel guilty for not saving them even though I know the success rates.
I gotta get out of this job it is effecting me mentally, anyone need a house slave or butler?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by paleorchid13

Yes they way we think sure does change with age. When i think how i was in my teens and twentys, how different my opinions and views on the world have changed since then, and im only 37 now.

I would say the addition of children into my environment is probably largely responsible for my paradigm shift/change of opinions. That and the fact that one realizes they are not invincible around their mid twenties.
edit on 5-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Thats the point though isnt it? Boymonkey74, you have shown by your actions that you have a heart and a soul, and will attept to save a life, even though failiure to do so has previously caused you great pain, guilt, and mental anguish. You put yourself second, and the people under your care first. You, are a genuine hero, as every single person in your proffession ought to be.

People of lesser steadfastness however, should not be placed in charge of other people and thier lives.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Shucks
thanks but I just have empathy for my fellow dudes.
But how do we make sure the people in the job is caring? do we have any tests? nope so it is trial and error.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It is unfortunate this lady died. Blame it on the lawyers. There is no way the nurse can know everyone's death wishes to do not resuscitate orders(if they have one).

This was not the case,If lady had a DNR order and the nurse performed CPR and saved her...big lawsuit.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I don't know how you could just stand there and do nothing. What disturbed me the most wasn't her inaction, but her lack of emotion while speaking with the operator.

No empathy whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

As it happens, there are psychological evaluations which could be applied to prospective employees, which would have a very good chance of revealing any moral malfunction before it became an issue. I think its just a matter that at the directorate level, the people running these places are so devoted to thier profits that they would rather drop a few residents prematurely, than spend the money on the psychological evaluation that would catch this stuff before it comes up.

Just an additional comment from re-watching the video on the article page. The residential home appear to have put thier foot in thier mouths by claiming they have no on site nurse to provide medical assitance during an emergancy, despite the fact there clearly WAS a nurse on the scene. Not only that but the management have put out a statement by a Mr Toomer (pronounced tumor. Go figure) citing thier company policy, but have refused to provide a copy of thier policy for people to look at. This situation stinks like a ten day old corpse in a hastily abandoned sauna.
edit on 5-3-2013 by TrueBrit because: additional comments

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I believe everyone with aging parents better be paying attention to this story.
Was this one of those many 'care' homes that charge extravagant monthly rates, and justify the bloated rent with the "3 square meals a day" routine.
These 'care' multi-united monsters seem to be springing up everywhere.
At least one of the behemoth-builders donated a huge sum to our leading party in the last provincial election.
One has to wonder why, exactly. Is it to perhaps to grease the wheels, taking pressure off the government to provide nursing homes with adequate care.
To hear the 911 operator pleading with the 'nurse' was shattering.
So this is whats coming, it appears.
Take away affordable housing with life-saving care, for our seniors. How rotten is that.
*If for no other reason, pay attention because everyone who makes it, gets old at some point.
You better be loaded with cash, because dang they're ultra expensive for the average cat, now.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The TV news this morning reports that the woman's family is SATISFIED with how the facility took care of this event. So if the family is satisfied and the facility followed it's rules (which the woman and her family knew about) ... then I think it's case closed. Right?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If they are satisfied, then either they dont care, or havent been paying attention to the details.

Either way, case not closed.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have a personal experience with eldercare. We pay about $4000 a month to have my MIL on a memory care floor at an assisted living facility. She has advanced Alzheimer's. Within the same conversation, she will say she is divorced, her husband is in the bathroom, her husband left her for another woman, and she is dating someone. She no longer recognizes anyone, although she occasionally knows that someone is there to see her.
She is diabetic and has congestive heart failure. She requires many different meds during the day, most on insurance, the more expensive ones are not. She is over 300 pounds and if left on her own would not use the toilet, bathe, eat or anything else. She does not assist when moved from one chair to another, turning into a 300 lb. rag doll. This includes bathing and changing her diaper.
There is no way we could care for her. Where she is now does a wonderful job. She is always clean, fed appropriately, her room is kept clean, and they provide her with a home atmosphere.
When we signed her into the home, we signed a DNR. We were told at the time that it would mean a heart attack, stroke or illness would not get any CPR. If she would stop breathing, no mouth-to-mouth or oxygen. It does not mean withholding hydration, but would withhold nutrition should she not be able to eat by mouth.
In such a situation as this one, a similar result would have happened. And will happen at some time.
I feel for the family.
But most I feel for the nurse, and the people who have been demonized because of this policy. Old sick people die. That cannot be helped. When that policy is stated, understood and signed, this happens. It's not anyone's fault.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Also heard on the news this morning...

She wasn't a nurse. She was misidentified as a nurse by the media. She is the Residence Services Coordinator.

Also, as has been pointed out several times, yet people choose to ignore, they signed a contract with the assisted living facility, NOT a nursing home, knowing they would not get CPR, and 911 would be called.

The daughter IS a nurse, and was in agreement with the facility. This was a personal family decision that it seems they made with full knowlegde of risks and possible outcomes. If they had wanted something else, they would have moved her to a nursing home.

There is a difference in DNR and AND, Allow Natural Death.

The police aren't going to press any charges.

Tha audacity of some people to feel they have the right to intrude or to judge the personal decisions this family made amazes me.

What amazes me more is how many leapt to judgement before they had more, or better yet, the whole story.

God bless the MSM, right?

edit on 5-3-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

Unfortunately, and according to policy of a lot of places like this, she has done nothing wrong... When the old (from my understanding) enter a retirement living dwelling such as this place, they sign a waiver agreeing that they can and will only accept medical help from the hospital/emts that arrive on scene... I understand it's for safety and or legal precautions on behalf of the retirement home...

Should the time come where one needs to act rather than respond to save someones life, this nurse/employee went wrong in every direction... Ask yourself, Whats more important? Corporate policy, or ones life?
edit on 5-3-2013 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join