It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My roommate awoke to a green orb and he took a picture!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think the best place to start here is to relay a few facts. I'm in my late 40's and my roommate (former roommate actually, he finally got a place of his own this week) is in his early 30's. He's a big guy, full of tattoos and predominately what some like to call a redneck. He's been in the military, been an MMA fighter and is pretty much down to earth. He doesn't subscribe to what he would call mumbo-jumbo, doesn't believe in ghosts, etc... I live in a 1 bedroom apartment and for personal reasons I have slept on the couch for about 15 years now, so when he asked if he could stay with me for awhile I agreed and let him use my bedroom. I was out of town working and he sent me a text message all freaked-out about a green orb that he awoke to in the bedroom.
He sent me a picture of it and I was dumbfounded. I have known him for many, many years and can say with all sincerity that if he was freaked-out by this - Then so am I...

Before someone says that it was a laser, let me just say that we know quite a bit about lasers. In fact, I have built several burning lasers using DVD laser diodes from plans that I found on the Net and actually purchased a 300mw Green laser which both of us have played with extensively. He is adamant that this was not a laser being shined through the closed curtains or anything of that sort. This happened about a month ago and in reading another thread here on ATS, I was compelled to post about it here. He has just re-sent the picture that he took of it via SMS and I will be posting it very shortly along with his explanation. I just need to email it myself so that I can attach it here.
My skin is totally crawling right now even thinking about it...
edit on 3-3-2013 by sageturkey because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

Cool...can't wait to see your pics....

Des

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

POST IT!!!

Too many people make threads with "information/pictures forthcoming". I appreciate this thread, but I would appreciate it more with the actual content of what you are discussing being a part of the thread.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I too am a skeptic and saw an Orb once... It was pretty huge (probably 3 ft around) and went down my hallway... It was like a whitish blue .

I swear on everything I love that this is the truth, Only thing I have ever really "seen"... Now, there could be explanations which I am unaware of but I was wide awake, sober, sane (kinda lol) and it actually cast light on the walls as it moved.

Cannot wait to see the pic.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Why would you start a thread about a picture, and not post the picture?
Why not just wait for the picture before making the thread?
Truly curious about why you chose to do that.

____

Update: ok, its up...was thinking it was one of "those" threads.

Opinion. It is a picture of a light moving around. I guess you had to be there for it to be anything else.
edit on 3-3-2013 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
In his words, he was laying in bed watching TV on his phone. He dozed off and a short time later awoke to the green orb moving back and forth in the space between the doorframe of the bedroom. He jumped-up out of bed and it continued to move about back and forth. He put the phone in camera mode and snapped this picture:

ETA why didn't it come out? The link is:

edit on 3-3-2013 by sageturkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2013 by Gemwolf because: Fixed picture

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I wanted to get the post out before it got too late. Can you see it now with the link I provided?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

POST IT!!!

Too many people make threads with "information/pictures forthcoming". I appreciate this thread, but I would appreciate it more with the actual content of what you are discussing being a part of the thread.

Done my impatient friend

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I see a strand not an orb...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Thanks so much! I uploaded it to ATS, clicked on 'Image' in my post, then pasted the link to it. It's the first time I've tried to post a pic, I'd like to think I'm fairly versed in computers having owned a PC repair business for 9 years but for some reason it didn't come out in the post...

Thanks again for linking to it...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

What would be the significance of a strand versus an orb? Is a strand another form of phenomena?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Here

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageturkey

Originally posted by Panic2k11

What would be the significance of a strand versus an orb? Is a strand another form of phenomena?

Its a orb. That poster is just not understanding shutter speed and the like. fast moving objects "trail" in front of a camera.

Significance of strand, orb, or anything...nothing.

Could be a firefly?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

So, I'm pretty familiar with the apartment here and there are no green light sources in the bedroom to be found. Especially not ones that move around in a sine wave fashion. To be honest there are a few in the living room from cell-phone chargers but none that would hover and move in the doorway,,,Any clues as to what may have caused it? He was pretty freaked-out by the whole ordeal and slept with the light on for the next few nights...

edit on 3-3-2013 by sageturkey because: Replied to wrong person...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

There aren't any fireflies in Wyoming that I'm aware of. I've been down south and seen fireflies, I'm going to have to say no. I'm in agreement with the shutter speed comment too...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Occam's Razor implies that rather than looking for a supernatural and/or alien source for this image ... how about it being something as mundane as a glo-stick thats been twisted and then photo'd in a very dark room.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Occam's Razor implies that rather than looking for a supernatural and/or alien source for this image ... how about it being something as mundane as a glo-stick thats been twisted and then photo'd in a very dark room.

Yeah, but you see he wouldn't do that. He has no interest in hoaxing anyone nor do I. Unless someone broke into the apartment and started waving a glow-stick around (in which case they'd be full of holes shortly thereafter) then I'm going to have to say no...
I guess you'd have to know him, but he'd be the first one to call BS on something like this himself. If' he's saying it, then he saw it...
edit on 3-3-2013 by sageturkey because: More to add

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Yeah, but you see he wouldn't do that. He has no interest in hoaxing anyone nor do I. Unless someone broke into the apartment and started waving a glow-stick around (in which case they'd be full of holes shortly thereafter) then I'm going to have to say no...

Fine ... then I take it there will be no probs in you obtaining the raw image from your friend with it's associated UNTOUCHED exif info and post it here for examination ?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Fine ... then I take it there will be no probs in you obtaining the raw image from your friend with it's associated UNTOUCHED exif info and post it here for examination ?

The photo that I uploaded to ATS was taken from his cell-phone. He sent it to me via SMS, I emailed it to myself and uploaded it to ATS directly. If you know how to extract the exif info from it, then feel free to do so. I'd have to read on how to do that, but for the sake of trying to find out what it was I'd be up for it...
edit on 3-3-2013 by sageturkey because: SP

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join