It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My roommate awoke to a green orb and he took a picture!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Op, this looks more like a "ROD" than an orb,......Ask your friend if this is what he saw.

Pretty interesting vid.

Pax

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Ah yes, I recall reading a bit about Rods and watching a vid or two now that you mention it. Of course, I didn't give them much credence as I'm pretty skeptical myself - Although ultimately I am open to all possibilities because who am I to say that something does or does not exist? Now that it's happened in my home I guess I'm even more open to the possibility. I may have to study a bit more on the whole 'rods' thing...
edit on 3-3-2013 by sageturkey because: (no reason given)

ETA: Oh buhgeezus after watching your vid now I have goosebumps a mile high... I remember coming back home after he told me this, I was a bit apprehensive going to sleep that first night but just kind of wrote it off. I took the attitude of 'Well, so be it...' In the back of my mind though, I wondered if it was something that was connected to him rather than to my place as I've never seen anything like it here.
edit on 3-3-2013 by sageturkey because: WOW

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I saw ball lightning once in Georgia that was blue-green. It was about the size of a softball. It was a humid, kind of cold, day and it flew towards a power-pole, hit a transformer, and made a popping sound.

So, my point, and question, was it a humid day where you were?
edit on 3-3-2013 by GreenGlassDoor because: Because I am a spelling champion!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
I saw ball lightening once in Georgia that was blue-green. It was about the size of a softball. It was a humid, kind of cold, day and it flew towards a power-pole, hit a transformer, and made a popping sound.

So, my point, and question, was it a humid day where you were?

Well, it was just last month - This area is known for it's dry climate, I think it averages around 50%. No storms at the time of this incident, it was indoors and all was quiet from what I gather. I'll try to get him more involved in the conversation, maybe he can answer more questions. I can tell you that he won't come on here to discuss it, he's just not that type. When he lived here, he would always kind of mockingly ask me about what new conspiracy was going on now when I was reading other ATS topics.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I just sent him a link to the vid that you put up, we'll see his reaction.
To quote him when he re-sent me the pic earlier tonight, "One of the most creepy yet amazing moments of my life"

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Ok, he watched it and here's his response: (he writes in typical text jumble BTW)
"That's not what I saw I saw a bright green orb. It was as plain as day. The trail in my photo is from taking the photo" (I'm assuming he was moving as he said previously that he was half-asleep). Quote Continued " Seen that vid a bunch that's been disproved numerous times baby fireflies"...

ETA... He just replied again to re-iterate that it was moving, but it was a single object. Not a trail or rod-like structure. So yeah, it was due to the exposure time. More quote "I have seen that vid on destination truth that is not what I saw. What I saw was a blue-green object looked like a star and was doing a figure 8 pattern in the doorway had a definite pattern. I watched it move for about 45 seconds before I took that pic".

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by sageturkey

I see a strand not an orb...

I see a bunch of illuminated spots. Like something was strobing and the image taken using long exposure as it moved.

Like an insect but I don't know of any that strobe. Nor do I know if iphones can take long exposure shots.

I don't see it as anything unearthly. Or otherworldly.

Unless they start to swarm our midnight existences within the spaces of our doorways and render us incapable of darting out to the loo in those dire moments of need, I don't see it as much of anything really.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Thanks for your opinion! I added a bit more to my last post, it sounds to me like it was the exposure time. I believe he was using a Moto Razor at the time, he wouldn't have had time to make any adjustments and I don't think there are any adjusments on those phones either...

I'm just glad I had the idea to post it here because I'd love to hear what the general consensus is. So, pick it apart - Scoff at it, relay similar incidents, whatever... Give me your thoughts - I'm all ears because I have no clue...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The still shot shows the motion trail of the orb and looks as if it was pulsating at least 15 times as it moved through the duration of the shutter speed.

I believe the pulses could be AC cycling at 60 cycle per second or the quick flutter of a digital light source. The cycling could be determined by dividing the pulses by the duration of the shutter speed. If it was 60 cycles per second, then the shutter speed would have been at 1/25 of a second. IMO, it seems to me that an analog flashlight with a DC electrical source would have produced a continuous, blurred trail. Based on the pulsations, I'd say it was from a man made source.

Edited to Add: Something else I notice about the picture. The witness said that the orb traveled in a figure 8 pattern in the bedroom doorway. Let's assume that the motion in the picture was from the witness's bottom left moving up toward the top right, inside the plane of the doorway. The pulses are moving at an even rate, but they appear to grow larger and more luminous as they move to the top right, indicating that it moves slightly forward in a swinging motion up and to the right. That motion seems like a human hand making the figure 8 pattern and based on that, I'll go as far as to say they did it with their left hand.

It sounds pretty scary anyway you look at it though.
edit on 3-3-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added extra information

edit on 3-3-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added more info

edit on 3-3-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Thanks for that as well, MSB! I just went into the bedroom and turned off the lights to see if anything was visible from where he would have been laying, didn't see anything. So, if it was from a manmade source it had to be coming from an outside source. I did see something in the bathroom as I was walking around, my rechargable razor has a flashing green light but it's not visible from the bedroom nor are there any reflective surfaces that can be seen from that vantage point such as a mirror or anything. Definitely nothing that would cause a bright geen orb in the doorway doing a figure 8... I even went as far as to take a picture of it in the dark, tried moving the phone camera around to simulate movement and this is what I got...

Oh yay I did it!!!

edit on 3-3-2013 by sageturkey because: Figuring out how to post pic

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
That's great that you're testing theories and trying to find the most reasonable cause for the event.

I know that florescent lights flicker at 60 cycles per second. Why don't you try a picture of a swinging florescent light or try panning across one in the dark.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I might have to try that, but first I'd have to find a green fluorescent light
I read your ETA about the left hand thing, I tried to enlarge the pic to see if I could see anything else. I do see some red that kind of borders the light but it's too pixelated to make anything out.
That's all the time I have tonght, I'll check in tomorrow to get more opinions. Thanks again!
edit on 4-3-2013 by sageturkey because: Realized I couldn't spell fluorescent. Had to look that one up...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
The still shot shows the motion trail of the orb and looks as if it was pulsating at least 15 times as it moved through the duration of the shutter speed.

I believe the pulses could be AC cycling at 60 cycle per second or the quick flutter of a digital light source. The cycling could be determined by dividing the pulses by the duration of the shutter speed. If it was 60 cycles per second, then the shutter speed would have been at 1/25 of a second. IMO, it seems to me that an analog flashlight with a DC electrical source would have produced a continuous, blurred trail. Based on the pulsations, I'd say it was from a man made source.

It sounds pretty scary anyway you look at it though.
edit on 3-3-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added extra information

edit on 3-3-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added more info

edit on 3-3-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

Excellent theory and well structured post. I was thinking of an identical situation, however I'd love to hear more opinions. Back in my Rave days we used to 'write' in the air with a glow stick in the pitch black and photograph it with a low shutter speed. Very cool images followed. :-p

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

It would only look like that if it was a long exposure and the "orb" was flashing. Did he mention any flashing?

There is no exif data on the picture? Can we have the original please?

For the sort of exposure times you would get from a mobile phone, this would have had to be moving rather fast to make such a long trail.

Can we find out what type of phone he was using too please?

This looks like a hoax to me, but the details requested above may clarify, and therefore suspend my suspicions.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sageturkey

Thanks for that as well, MSB! I just went into the bedroom and turned off the lights to see if anything was visible from where he would have been laying, didn't see anything. So, if it was from a manmade source it had to be coming from an outside source. I did see something in the bathroom as I was walking around, my rechargable razor has a flashing green light but it's not visible from the bedroom nor are there any reflective surfaces that can be seen from that vantage point such as a mirror or anything. Definitely nothing that would cause a bright geen orb in the doorway doing a figure 8... I even went as far as to take a picture of it in the dark, tried moving the phone camera around to simulate movement and this is what I got...

Oh yay I did it!!!

That pixelated square around the light makes me think image manipulation. Very crude. Very dodgy. Please explain??????

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Wow... how odd... All the useful EXIF data is missing...

I don't suppose you have the original photo's? Because, I would bet my socks both photo's taken at the same approx time, of the same thing, except that either you changed the exposure time, or movement occured in the blurred pic.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
ATS upload area strips exif data. You will have to email someone the image, or post it on a hosting site that does not strip exif data.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Do not forget it could be reversed:

The green light stationary, the camera moving.

So it could be the razor light, taken with a (fast) moving camera.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If your roommate likes to make fun of you for being on ATS then it seems quite possible he's just messing with you. He knew you'd post it here and he's having a good laugh.

I have no idea what it is if it isn't just him pulling your leg. I've never heard of something quite like this.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong

Originally posted by sageturkey

Oh yay I did it!!!

That pixelated square around the light makes me think image manipulation. Very crude. Very dodgy. Please explain??????

Are you referring to this latest pic? It's simply a photo of the green flashing LED from a rechargable razor. I was experimenting, trying to re-create the original pic. It was taken with a Samsung Galaxy proclaim, sent to my email then uploaded to ATS. That makes sense about the exif info being removed... I have to leave for work shortly, when I get home I will try to download software to extract the exif info from the original pic that I have stored on my phone and post it here. If that doesn't work I will have to contact my buddy and see if I can copy the original pic directly from his SD card. I also will make another attempt at reproducing the effect shown in the original by shining a laser on my door, waving it in a figure 8 pattern and taking a pic. I sold the green one last summer, but I do have a few red ones. The fact that I don't even have the green one anymore further eliminates that as a possibility though... As stated before, I believe the original pic was taken with a Moto Razor. I'd love to see someone re-create the original, there are a bunch of great theories being thrown out there as to what it is.

ETA: He did not say that it was flashing...
edit on 4-3-2013 by sageturkey because: More to add

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join