It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air for sale $0.80 a can

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Do you remember the days when you looked at people buying bottle water and
thought why......

Chinese billionaire and controversial philanthropist Chen Guangbiao has unveiled his latest invention, canned fresh air, under his registered trademark “Good Person Chen Guangbiao.”
Each can retails for between 4 yuan and 5 yuan (around $0.80). He has produced 100,000 cans, containing the fresh air collected from Wuhe county in Anhui province and Taiwan.
He also said he is willing to donate profits from selling organic food to the People’s Liberation Army to safeguard China’s sovereignty over the Diaoyu Islands.

ZEROHEDGE

The empty cans are to be sold china which has a little problem with air pollution
as you can see below

So maybe expect a nice organic can of perri-air in your local store any day now.

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/3/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This idea was totally stolen from our fellow ATSer, OmegaLogos.

Well, kinda.

OL - you should have patented this!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Things which were allready invented.. in movies...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
In my youth we joked about someday PAYING for water. Let's just say I am not as naive as i once was. With this "canned air" we can now say "they will tax the air we breath" without it being humorous.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Typical chinese product. Cheap to buy, low quality.

Not sure how he can patent canned air either.

Pretty crappy really.

link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
In my youth we joked about someday PAYING for water. Let's just say I am not as naive as i once was. With this "canned air" we can now say "they will tax the air we breath" without it being humorous.

I am waiting for that to happen in Canada. Everything is taxed and we are taxed to death.

link   
I feel sorry for all the animals and insects that don't have the masks..

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I hadn't believed this was real here in the US after someone at school recommended I try it too. I had to go to Walmart and see it with my own eyes... but yup. You can buy air now. It's not just for the Chinese!

(I didn't buy any. I may be gullible on some things, I admit ...but I don't define the term for the dictionary
)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This brings up an enviromental question. America is chock full of environmental regulations imposed on industry. All in the name of lowering polution output. This effectively sends manufacturing to China and other places with no EPA in order to keep prices down and compete in a global market. Since China has no real EPA and does not give a rats ass if they pollute the air we breath, it leads me to believe that environmentalists think that the pollution China puts out goes straight up into space. In reality it would be far better to keep industry in America and lower the polution standards until technology comes up with better solutions to pollution. That polution that China puts into the air effects the entire planet.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

That's an outstanding point. However, to have manufacturing and industry in America, it's got to be under 40% (#2nd highest on Earth) Corp taxes, regulatory controls that literally take multiple bookcases to hold the pages for and Union backed labor demanding several times over what the general labor force gets or can expect.

It's no wonder we can't keep business inside our own nation to save our lives. They're running as fast as they can pull up stakes and lease Chinese factory space.

I agree though, encouraging business to stay here would give some degree of influence over outcome and business practices for things that matter, like pollution. Right now, all anyone can do is protest the U.S. offices when the plants in China do precisely what ALL plants in China do. Make a product with little regard to how or at what ultimate cost.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

You do have a big point there that china is destroying it's enviroment with pollution.
But to the chinese goverment profit is far more important.

The japanese are kicking up a fuss about the air drifting over as it still above safe
levels even by the time it's got to them.

I'll see if i can find a link. back in a sec

Automobiles, factories, coal-burning power plants and heaters at home using coal are the sources of PM2.5 in China. Japan’s standard is a daily average of 35 micrograms in one cubic meter of air. The corresponding Chinese standard is 75 micrograms.

According to the Chinese Environment Protection Ministry, during the Chinese New Year holiday from Feb. 9 to 15, a maximum 306 micrograms of PM2.5 was detected per cubic meter of air in Beijing, 577 micrograms in Tianjin (Tientsin) and 527 micograms in Shijiajuang in Hebei Province.

The ministry also said that early this month up to a quarter of China was covered with thick fog containing toxic substances and that some 600 million people in 17 provinces, directly controlled cities and autonomous regions were affected. About 70 percent of Chinese cities do not meet the government’s pollution standard. In January, pediatrics hospitals in Beijing were filled with infants suffering from asthma or bronchitis.

Japan Times

Might not be a good idea to go for a jogging in Beijing as you will cut you life span
by a few years.

And best not to drink any water.

China is promising to invest 4 trillion yuan ($650 billion) - equal to its entire stimulus package during the global financial crisis - on rural water projects alone during the 2011-2020 period. What's more, at least $200 billion in additional funds has been earmarked for a variety of cleanup projects nationwide, Reuters has learned after scouring a range of central and local government documents.

That new cash injection will be vital, with rivers and lakes throughout China blighted by algae blooms caused by fertilizer run-off, bubbling chemical spills and untreated sewage discharges. Judging by Beijing's cleanup record so far, however, the final tally could be many times higher.

Over the five years to 2010, the country spent 700 billion yuan ($112.41 billion) on water infrastructure, but much of its water remains undrinkable. The environment ministry said 43 percent of the locations it was monitoring in 2011 contained water that was not even fit for human contact.

Reuters

The water that's so bad it's "not fit for human contact" part is just scary
edit on 3/3/2013 by skuly because: adding links

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Canned air has been around since at least the 70s. Nothing new to some people.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I remember that. It was a joke though. Like the pet rock. I don't think this one is a joke. Maybe I'm wrong, i hope so.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
how can you miss total recall ?

forget bottled air, they are gonna take it all !!!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

China isn't just destroying their environment. They are destroying the planets environment. Fresh water will one day be worth it's weight in gold if we don't reign in the careless polluters like China.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have always thought that America should impose a tarrif on imported goods from major polluters like China. Other countries impose tarrifs on our exports. Turn about is fair play. The carbon tax that they are talking about imposing on America should be aimed at China instead. We could compete globally if they leveled the playing field a bit.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
how can you miss total recall ?

forget bottled air, they are gonna take it all !!!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Been in booths on the street in Japan-China now for 15 or so years...a quarter (used to be a quarter)...for you to get in the booth, close the door and breathe pure oxygen for 5 minutes. Then you put your mask back on and go back into the pollution. I beleive its been since around 1995 or so.

Used to be photo booths, telephone booths and now oxygen booths...woulda thought?!!!!!?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
My friend's brother thought up this idea 4 years ago. He was going to slightly compress the bottles and sell them at gas stations next to the five hour energy drinks. Thing was it wasn't cost effective. The Chinese company wanted too much for him to profit off it. I thought he was nuts, and just needed to raise the price a little and go for it. Guess he screwed up not doing it back then.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
Typical chinese product. Cheap to buy, low quality.

Not sure how he can patent canned air either.

Pretty crappy really.

Well the point is he's a rich bugger and he's having a laugh.

He's not seriously trying to save anyone with canned air... lmao.

If he is, do you think the people in the land of plenty fresh air, would let him pilfer their stock so readily?

It's a lark, not serious.. even if people are paying for it.

Bit like when I bought a fake boob... I didn't really expec.. never mind..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join