It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frightening, repetetive and strange dreams I constantly have!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Text YellowHi this is my first ever thread and a relatively safe one! I would just like to share the odd and repetitive dreams I've been having for a long time now and maybe be lucky enough to have some input as to what it could mean! In any case it's good to get it out as it's not something I share with anyone in 'real life' !
I think it all started when, at aged 20 when I was a student nurse, someone gave me a copy of The Exorcist to read! I was somewhat naive and was curious as to what it was all about. Almost as soon as I began reading it, I began having repetitive dreams where I would always end up getting in a lift, then the lift would plunge to the floor and I can honestly say I feel terror in these dreams...actually feeling my stomach tighten up, just like when you fall a great distance in real life ie on a fairground ride. Every night I read The Exorcist, I had a similar dream, always resulting in getting in the lift and falling. ( we lived in a Nurses Home at the time which was 8 floors high with a lift in the middle). I pretty quickly linked the dreams to what I was reading and gave the book back. But the dreams have continued on and off, but regularly, for 19 years! (am now 39) I now tend to find myself getting lost in either a hospital or a large but familiar building but it always ends up that I get I to a lift and the lift drops!

Another repetitive dream is that I am on a beach when the water levels begin to rise rapidly and huge waves begin to form and flood the beach. I always manage to get in a building but the sea rises so high it is lapping against the windows. There is a real sense of panic. This one is very occurs a lot and I can be in hotels, buildings or the beach but the water always comes!

Another dream I can't shake even though I had it a couple of years ago was of trying to flee from the city I lived in, was all very realistic. I was driving to escape in my car but even though it was bright daylight, a huge dense black cloud covered the sky and cast everything into darkness! Again there was widespread panic in my dream, people trying to escape etc. I've never forgotten that one, it was short but very intense.

Finally, at risk of sounding strange, I've lost a couple of close friends, one of cancer, one of carbon monoxide poisoning.At the time one of them died, I saw her in my dream walking away from me and she turned and with a radiant smile, waved goodbye. I have vivid and lasting dreams of them each coming to me, one seems lost and sad and frustrated that her partner remarried and no longer seems to notice her and tells me clear things to tell her widowed partner and their son. I'm not in touch with him so never did mention this, but would not anyway at risk of sounding insensitive / crazy.

I don't dream of my other lost friend as often but when I do, he keeps telling me in my dream to 'get over' him dying and stop obsessing over his death!
I have had many dreams of people who passed away, relatives etc. They always seem to want to make their presence known or give me a message of some kind. Sometimes it's people I didnt know very well and I wonder 'why me of all people?'

Well that's it in a nutshell but I wonder, am I reading significancies/ messages into these dreams that are not there, or do they have meaning?
I've tried to be as concise as I can...there's actually a lot of waking issues I have with intuition/ empathic occurrences but the thread is long enough, so I will hold off on those.

I really would just appreciate knowing what, if anything, anybody thinks!

Thanks
L x

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Let me TRY to interpret the lift thing:

You are in a situation which bothers you (conscious or sub-conscious) and you are looking (literally) for the way out. You enter the lift (the "way out") but the escape turns out to be a trap, instead of saving you it swallows your and you fall. You are literally losing the safe ground below your feet.

I am not a psychologist, but this seems relatively clear.

There might be problem(s) in your life were you are thinking to solve them, but then fear that the solution might actually be worse than the problem. Let's say...EXAMPLE...someone thinks that the solution to whatever problems would be alcoholism...but then he realizes its not really a solution, it makes things even worse.

it could be something like a relationship even where you think that a person might be your life-saver, but instead, you get "dragged down" into even more problems. Things like that.

It could be you have money problems and are thinking about a credit, but subconsciously already know the credit will cause even more problems, rather than being a help.

It could be "you want to go somewhere", eg. learning something new, a new belief even...but are afraid the new knowledge will swallow you and you are actually afraid of what you might learn.

As for dreams, there might be others who can interpret them much better that I can. However, in SOME way, you already know what the problem is if you just examine your own dreams and interpret them, what feelings they create and what could be the equivalent in your real life.

As for the water, as far as I know, water is symbol of emotions. If there is an ocean of water rising, emotions are out of control, they are about to (again) literally swallow you up and drown you. It could be it shows you are a very emotional person which often "drowns" in daily life because of emotions (yours? others?) ...or are afraid that emotions might become out of control and "drown" you. For example, you could have a demanding job in health care or something and don't admit it, but there is something which bothers you and in your dreams it shows in that way by the waters that raise out of control.
edit on 2-3-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lovely1973

Sometimes it's people I didnt know very well and I wonder 'why me of all people?'

Why not? You have a wonderful gift there. If these "visits" only occur in dreams that is pretty harmless, don't you think? I cherish those kind. Its a visit from beyond.

What do you think? In your mind are they the real people you once knew? One clue for you might be that only the people that you know that have passed are returning, right?

Why not deliver some part of the message you got from the one friend? If you can find them, I mean. You don't have to tell every detail, just the "everything is fine" part. Didn't that make you feel better when your passed friend did that to you?

You might be surprised at their reaction. And if they scoff at that, don't fret, You fulfilled your obligation as far as that goes.

You are a sensitive, that is special. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I only directed my comments to your meeting old friends or family in dreams. It has happened to me too. Not as often as you seem to experience it. I am sort of jealous.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Maybe a bit information that your unconscious is telling you about what it perceives with it senses. Are you experiencing a lot of synchronicity and can you play around with it?

You still talk about fear so you still probably have not been encased in light yet/made the crown spin but maybe you have awoken the third eye (or whatever they are since it is not an exact quantified knowledge yet). Any physical bodily symptoms? Increased sense of taste/feel? Strange tinglings? Noises that others can't hear? Talking in languages that you do not understand?

I agree with above that it might be a good thing to deliver the message and see where the synchronicity lands you.

edit on 2-3-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I'm not any good with dream interpretation, but to be on the safe side if I were you I would take the stairs instead of elevators and don't move near the beach. I'm a firm believer in being safe rather than sorry- because you just never know....

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Firstly,

Over the last six months I have developed what I now see to be an 'insight' of 'perception' into certain things that I now believe to be prophetic in nature due to my highly accurate strike rate.

I began cataloging these on this forum, which is the reason that I originally joined. I also enjoy going through and reading the threads created by people claiming to have similar experiences in this regard.

A vast majority I have no interest in replying to as beyond being interesting I find no relation to what they are saying.

This one however is very disturbingly different

There are 3 major recurring dreams/visions that I have which I have not (and will not) publish due to their very intense, vivid and troubling nature. They are the ones that disturb me BY FAR the most out of everything I see.

This is due to the fact that all my other predictions/visions run on a very short time-frame before they transpire.

These ones are by far the most realistic and frightening of them all and have been occurring for a good six months.

Two of these, you have just described an almost identical scenario to in your post.

If you want to know exactly how similar these are, I will post screenshots to you in private message of conversations I had with personal friends of mine through facebook related to these visions, which are highly detailed and vivid, that will demonstrate not only how similar these are to what you described, but give you a dated timestamp which proves that they predate this thread by some time.

My only request if you decide that you would like to see these, is that you do not share them or make them public. As i stated before these are 3 particular visions that I do not wish at this stage to share with the public.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Wrong thread sorry
edit on 4-3-2013 by BornOfSin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Lots of dreams of water related disasters and events for myself as of lately..
I keep a journal and record them...

Also to note certain foods can trigger bad dreams.. particularly before bed time
spicy foods
or sometimes things with vinegar like pickled items.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BornOfSin

Hi Born of Sin - wow, that's quite disturbing, I must say I didn't expect that! But I'm intrigued to know more! Yes please, if you could send me a private message I'd be very grateful. Be assured I won't discuss at all, you have my word on that.
Of course its crossed my mind before, as I think it would anyone, about the dreams being some kind of premonition but I hope not, of course. It would be very interesting to hear your story.

Thanks for replying
lx

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You still talk about fear so you still probably have not been encased in light yet/made the crown spin but maybe you have awoken the third eye (or whatever they are since it is not an exact quantified knowledge yet). Any physical bodily symptoms? Increased sense of taste/feel? Strange tinglings? Noises that others can't hear? Talking in languages that you do not understand?
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Thanks for replying. I also believe that I have awakened something ie third eye ( or whatever, as you say! ) in that for some time now I've been having precognitive / intuitive experiences for some time now, sometimes so striking that my whole body shakes, mostly because I'm unnerved at what has happened. I'm not fearful of these experiences, or my dreams of friends etc who have passed away....i quite enjoy those dreams, just not the lift or water ones!
But when I have 'envisaged' something happening, only for it to happen the following day...that unnerves me because I guess I have always been an 'interested' skeptic but these experiences prove beyond doubt that spiritual matters exist for sure.

You asked about change in sensations and that rang very true for me in that my hearing has been going nuts for the last few months. This comes and goes but my hearing becomes very distorted and sensitive to any noise. Noises from a long distance away are magnified but closer noises are accompanied by a squeaking sound. I saw my consultant about this ( I see him regularly following a recent health problem) and he assured me that my ears are perfect, no infection etc. I thought of this immediately I saw your question.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to my post.

L

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr
Hi thanks also for your reply.
To answer your question, yes, the people I dream of are mostly people I have known at some point but not always very well....ie a friend of my parents whose daughter died a couple of years ago 'came to me' in a dream just a few nights ago - I last saw her when I was around 15 years old, so she was by no means close to me.
I also had a vivid dream of a minor celebrity (Jade Goody - if you happen to be British!) when she died,
she was radiant and laughing and said goodbye and ran off into the distance! It could have been because of the media coverage therefore it was on my mind but other than her being young and leaving young children behind, she held no interest for me.

You are a sensitive, that is special

I also think I am a sensitive, for many reasons, too many to discuss here right now but I'm slow allow myself to recognise this, I guess I have always been quite sceptical and this, although not new, is not something I would discuss with anyone in everyday life, but very and increasingly present in my life!

I'm glad you find comfort in your experiences of dreams of people who have passed away. I enjoy it too and having someone actually acknowledge that it is real and happens to them means a lot!

Thank you!
L x

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Finally, at risk of sounding strange,

Not "strange" at all. I can't tell you enough how much of a gift that is. It is extraordinary. People that don't have this kind of ability might judge you for that. Your gift is not for them. There is no need to tell people like that anything. You keep it to yourself when around them.

On the other hand there will be times when it is apparent that you are supposed to tell someone something that "comes through" and you will learn to tell the difference. You are responsible to use it for helping others when that comes up. Thats how to maintain that ability over your life time. By using it to help others.

You shouldn't worry too much about peoples reactions up front. Like if you tell someone what a passed loved one said to you, they might scoff about that to your face but inside they will always remember that. Even if they don't recognize how important that moment was right away, they will down the road.

You can test the water by saying something casual, like I had a dream about your daughter the other night, and shrug. Wait for them to say, Oh yah, what was that about? Now you can casually tell them, like it's no big deal. Always down play and let them egg you on (or not). That way they can feel as though they are deciding if it has merit or not and they won't judge or call you crazy, whatever.

You might be surprised their reaction. Its a test for you too to see if you knew something about them that you couldn't have known otherwise lending credence to whether it was real or not. This can build your confidence and help you refine the ability over time. Over a lifetime.

One other thing. "They" say that when you are dreaming about being inside a building or a vehicle that is symbolic of you. Some people live in big dark castles others in warm sunny cottages. Some are cluttered or messy, some clean and neat. This symbolizes your state of being... your body and soul.

Some of the strangers we meet in dreams that seem familiar can be family from generations ago. We have never met them in real life but some think they are around us all the time anyway. They guide us or lead us to experiences in our dreams. Sometimes we remember stuff and other times we can't. That is normal too. So don't stress about these experiences. They are not signs of illness or evil, whatever. Except the "Exorcist". You sense was working fine there. You returned the book and will know as well again if something or someone is not "right".

Just some food for thought. You can take or leave any part of it. You are not strange or crazy, and remember to be humble about it too.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I want to thank you again for that reply! A lot of what you said makes sense to me and yes, I think to approach people in an underplayed way, as you described, may be a good idea. That way people can take it or leave it and I don't expose myself too much. Having said that, because I've emigrated, I'm not likely to bump into people concerned for some time - I'll just have to see what happens in the future.

What you have written really helps me to accept and believe that what is happening to me is real - as I mentioned, there are daily experiences I have related to intuition and 'knowing' certain things are about to happen. I sometimes receive quite specific guidance to do something in order to prepare for something that is going to occur and then it does actually happen. It's always a positive thing and I'm still learning to 'listen'.

What you said about being humble struck a chord with me too - I try hard to be humble in life in general, something that didn't used to come very naturally to me but I consider it to be a very important attribute and on a daily basis I'm trying to incorporate it into my life. Hopefully it's working.

I've written another essay but just wanted to acknowledge and thank you very much for taking the time to write.

L x

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I try hard to be humble in life in general, something that didn't used to come very naturally to me but I consider it to be a very important attribute and on a daily basis I'm trying to incorporate it into my life. Hopefully it's working.

I'll say. These amazing insights you have are the sign it is working. You are doing what you are supposed to. Remember, you are a witness and a messenger, not the source. Play it like that and you'll be fine, all your days.

I like your avatar... its Lovely.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I agree,it is a gift.Ive seen my father in a dream,just once that i recall,but it gave me a very reassuring feeling round the heart.He had a smile on his face,he appeared to be satisfied/content-and i got the impression,that he was happy for the point where i was finally at,in my life.It was a fine experience,that dream,very heartwarming,i cherish the memory.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

That was beautiful, thanks for sharing your experience. Some people will say, Naah, that is just wishful thinking, its only a dream... because they never had it happen to them.

There is an afterlife, and they will be waiting there for us when we arrive. Makes life worth living.

top topics

join