It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My IFO encounter tonight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I say IFO because i got the binos out and could clearly see it was a bundle of Multi coloured balloons tied together....

They moved very slow...practically zero wind, in fact so slow i had enough time to make two roll-ups and smoke them before heading out to the shops...I didn't even attempt to film them as i knew what they were, but when i got outside and i was watching them drift higher you would have sworn it was a Black shape shifting object, at certain times it even looked like the classic triangle shaped UFO's....just shows you how someone cam be easily confused without the aid of Binos.....

I could have recorded these Balloons and and posted here and i'll bet it would have got plenty people saying stuff like wow and amazing.....

Keep Binoculars handy at all times....you can buy small compact ones that you can carry in a inside pocket for very little $/£ that are powerful enough to see what the eye cant......

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Heck I laughed

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
maybe it really was a UFO but after smoking those 2 roll-ups it just looked like balloons?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
without pictures ,your 'balloons" sighting is most likely an alien craft
So many times we hear of people seeing birds,planes ,insects,balloons ,and they end up being aliens ,nearly everytime.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Refreshingly honest and humorous OP. Thank gawd you didn't video it...post in on utube, then plaster it all over every forum you could find, just to get clicks. I applaud you

Des

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Soloprotocol
Thanks for the laugh i enjoyed the read
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Close to where I once worked businesses or at least one had balloons tied out front for advertising purposes.
One day at lunch time I was outside and caught a glimpse of something that for a minute flared up in a silvery
light flash. I thought, bet it's a balloon but right without binoculars you may never know. One day quite a long
time prior I got out binoculars to look at so called chemtrails. Danged if I did not see a gray ball shaped
object and I would assume it was a weather balloon. Look for the mundane explanation first I guess.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I live south of several fairs and theme parks. Spent balloons rain down on us all the time. They are hanging here and there from the trees around the complex. Sometimes they float by way up singly... or in bunches.

Looking like...

And this...

And @ 1:20 into here...

In fact the hoax industry has fully caught up to the genre. You can fool your friends on YouTube with a plethora of IFO gimmicks...

UFO balloons for sale

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So, you are trolling us on purpose?

I don't see anything funny about this. Aliens and UFOs section was once a respectful and interesting part of the ATS, but now it seems like it had become a circus section...

ATS, where are you going....
edit on 2-3-2013 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone will say it's UFOs disguising themselves as balloons? I mean, we have people saying Jets/planes are UFOs in disguise.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014

I don't see anything funny about this. Aliens and UFOs section was once a respectful and interesting part of the ATS, but now it seems like it had become a circus section...

Quite honestly, he put "IFO" in the title. So he didn't troll anyone.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
I say IFO because i got the binos out and could clearly see it was a bundle of Multi coloured balloons tied together....

They moved very slow...practically zero wind, in fact so slow i had enough time to make two roll-ups and smoke them before heading out to the shops...I didn't even attempt to film them as i knew what they were, but when i got outside and i was watching them drift higher you would have sworn it was a Black shape shifting object, at certain times it even looked like the classic triangle shaped UFO's....just shows you how someone cam be easily confused without the aid of Binos.....

I could have recorded these Balloons and and posted here and i'll bet it would have got plenty people saying stuff like wow and amazing.....

Keep Binoculars handy at all times....you can buy small compact ones that you can carry in a inside pocket for very little $/£ that are powerful enough to see what the eye cant......

My eyes in particular, because I'm near sighted. It sucks. For anyone who has near perfect/perfect vision, please cherish it.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Trolling us on purpose...

I was just pointing out that without the aid of a pair of Binoculars anyone can be fooled...watching the Balloons without the Binos could have fooled even the most ardent skeptic....from what i knew was around 30 balloons of different bright colours from a distance and with the naked eye it just looked like a Black shifting mass taking on many shapes. you definately couldn't make out they were separate coloured balloons...

I knew what they were because of the Binos, without them i would have been diving for me phone and hitting the record button and sticking the video in here and asking people to "Debunk this"......would you rather i joined the UFO school of Fakery like thousands of others do around the globe....sorry not for me, if we could stop the fakes we might, just might be left with some convincing evidence.

ps, just for your information i wasn't trying to be funny...maybe some people thought i was but i wasn't...i was being serious.....
edit on 2-3-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I felt like you were insulting other people intelligence by just assuming they cannot see a difference between those two. Sorry if I was wrong...

But still, you make some good point.
Cheers.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I felt like you were insulting other people intelligence by just assuming they cannot see a difference between those two. Sorry if I was wrong...

But still, you make some good point.
Cheers.

No worries Nik...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Do you live next to the Mexican boarder? Were the pile of balloons carrying an illegal alien across to America?
Was there a package of white powder hanging from it? I'm just giving them some ideas

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Do you live next to the Mexican boarder? Were the pile of balloons carrying an illegal alien across to America?
Was there a package of white powder hanging from it? I'm just giving them some ideas

No i live in Scotland....dont know where the Balloons came from...maybe they accidentally escaped or someone deliberately snipped the main line holding them down..They looked high quality balloons too..

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

No i live in Scotland....dont know where the Balloons came from...maybe they accidentally escaped or someone deliberately snipped the main line holding them down..They looked high quality balloons too..

Oh, just a shipment of salt codfish being sent out.

Or maybe a bottle of good Scotch being sent to a Norway.
edit on 2-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Oh, just a shipment of salt codfish being sent out.

Or maybe a bottle of good Scotch being sent to a Norway.
edit on 2-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

well it was taking a long road for a short cut as the last time i saw it it was headed south...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
No need to photograph it.
Jaime Maussan will be showing the video shot by the person who launched those balloons.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join