It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin confirms that government is stockpiling ammo for civil unrest...MSM goes into damage control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Palin confirms that government is stockpile ammo for civil unrest...MSM goes into damage control

www.facebook.com

Americans are sick and tired of yet another ginned-up crisis. D.C. needs to grow up, get to work, and live within its means. The real economic Armageddon looming before us is our runaway debt...
..We’re going to default eventually and that’s why the feds are stockpiling bullets in case of civil unrest.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theatlanticwire.com
www.politico.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
US Prepares for Riots, Buys 1.2 Billion Bullets
Civil War? Updated DHS purchase list.. 856 MILLION rounds of ammo..
DHS Purchases 21.6 million more rounds of ammunition..
Homeland Secuirty's Cache of Bullets.....The Math is Not Adding Up
edit on 1-3-2013 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Sarah Palin's recent comments on Facebook about the issue of US government stockpiling ammunition in response to the economic collapse they know is coming has forced the issue of what the Government is really up to out into the mainstream news. News outlets Poltico and AtlanticWite have felt the need to respond and deflect.

While government agencies are, in fact, purchasing large amounts of ammunition, they are doing so for training exercises and shooting ranges, according to federal officials. The Washington Post last month summed up the Department of Homeland Security’s buying of more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition for training with an article headlined, “Not so sinister: Homeland Security is stockpiling ammo for target practice.”

Read more: www.politico.com...

The US govt has purchased enough ammunition to wage full-scale war for 20-30 years. All purchased over the last year and all designated for domestic use.

Hollow point bullets are not for target practice...

www.facebook.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Why on earth would you consider that ditsy moron a source for anything to do with the Govt's policy or reasons behind them??

+65 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Why on earth would you consider that ditsy moron a source for anything to do with the Govt's policy or reasons behind them??

Well, one extremely good reason is that she's probably tied closer to the government than you'll ever be.

So for what it's worth, because she is actually a gov't official, her word is better than some anonymous mouth on a internet conspiracy forum.

I'm not trying to offend you, but that's the truth.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Well, one extremely good reason is that she's probably tied closer to the government than you'll ever be.

So for what it's worth, because she is actually a gov't official, her word is better than some anonymous mouth on a internet conspiracy forum.

Uhm... Sarah hasn't been a gov't official for years. She's as credible a source as Jerry Springer, he too was a gov't official.

Derek

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Maybe, maybe not...after all you have no idea what my connection to he Govt is.

So for what it's worth, because she is actually a gov't official, ..

What Govt office does she hold?

her word is better than some anonymous mouth on a internet conspiracy forum.

That depends on how good the information is - I am often happier to take the word of anonymous sources for things that make sense than the word of well known people who are kooks.

Get back to me on that....

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Well, looks as if you got offended, which wasn't my intent.

She was the 9th governor of Alaska and that doesn't include her stunt as City council in Wasilla.
Once that title is acquired, it isn't just removed because someone doesn't like her.
So, she still held a title higher than most would dream of.
My opinion of her is irrelevant, especially to this thread.

Again, your "credentials" may not be posted for everyone to see...

But I'd take her word over yours, yes.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
So Moosejaw Barbie finally learned how to read and post on facebook. Just how long has reports of DHS stockpiling ammo? A few months at least? Her 15 minutes of fame is over she should get used to it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

She was the 9th governor of Alaska and that doesn't include her stunt as City council in Wasilla. Once that title is acquired, it isn't just removed because someone doesn't like her.

She doesn't deserve the title of Governor because she quit two years into her term.

link   

Because that ditsy female has been sidelined and you know what they say about a scorned woman. She may be just a little put out!

The facts are the facts, the Feds are stockpiling ammo across all sorts of agencies that typically do not go around shooting people.

P

link   
reply to post by buster2010

If anything good comes out of Palin it would be a warning such as this.
Maybe she is trying to get the word out to fellow gun supporters, like herself.

I have to give her credit where it's due...at least she is making a conscious effort.

We have to see the writing on the wall people, even when we don't agree with the messenger.

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by havok

She doesn't deserve the title of Governor because she quit two years into her term.

Again, just because you don't think she deserves it doesn't mean she wasn't a government official.
She still has ties that alot of us would never acquire in three lifetimes.

edit on 1-3-2013 by havok because: i .... can't....edit....properly.....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

her word is better than some anonymous mouth on a internet conspiracy forum.

That depends on how good the information is - I am often happier to take the word of anonymous sources for things that make sense than the word of well known people who are kooks.

I dunno to me, its a better explanation that they bought 1.6 billion rounds for "target practice" I have played a lot of battlefield and call of duty, and I bet I haven't used close to that.

It just makes more sense, to me at least. I am a common blue collar fellow. Work hard for a grim $15/hour and 1.6 billion rounds seems a bit much. Unless they are celebratory rounds and when ever we win a war its so they can all fire rounds in the air in joy. Then maybe. I dunno.

I couldn't even imagine seeing that many rounds all together piled up. Maybe they have them for some strange photo op? I would be ok with that too.

edit on 1-3-2013 by MoosKept240 because: computers are hard

edit on 1-3-2013 by MoosKept240 because: computers are very hard

edit on 1-3-2013 by MoosKept240 because: Ok I am about to give up

edit on 1-3-2013 by MoosKept240 because: last time I swear

edit on 1-3-2013 by MoosKept240 because: dang it

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

If anything good comes out of Palin it would be a warning such as this.
Maybe she is trying to get the word out to fellow gun supporters, like herself.

I have to give her credit where it's due...at least she is making a conscious effort.

We have to see the writing on the wall people, even when we don't agree with the messenger.

She isn't telling anyone anything they didn't already know if they pay attention to the news. She is just trying to keep her name in the news.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

She may be doing just that.

But if it gains enough attention for those people who don't follow other sources...
It's a message with good intent.

It seems alot of people look to "famous" or "popular" personalities for advice and knowledge.
Unfortunately, that is reality in todays television culture.

If there were more people willing to admit these truths for all to see, I'd be a happy camper.
Heck, I'd like to see more ex-presidents come out, and ex-governors come out...I.e., Ventura...

For now, just with her, it's a good start.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Is that the Sarah Palin that had a reality tv show a while back?

If the government is setting up to wipe everybody out, there aint much any one is going to be able to do about it.

Maybe alaska is a good place to head. Right now. Run. Quickly before the government shoots everyone with hollow point bullets.

Do you folks ever take a step back and just look at these stories with some common sense?

Didn't she post this on her facebook page.... LOL....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

buster, baby.....about a 9 on phobia level.... what' ya thinking, I like her....hunters unite....

dang, they go moose hunting, I couldn't imagine...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
So Moosejaw Barbie finally learned how to read and post on facebook. Just how long has reports of DHS stockpiling ammo? A few months at least? Her 15 minutes of fame is over she should get used to it.

It is this very attitude that made her drop out of government. If she was a man, none of what has happened to her, would have happened. I can guarantee you that transparency wouldn't be an issue with her. And she would scoff at back room dealings. Honesty and integrity comes first. Look at what happened when americans were willing to overlook this in the last election?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The office Palin held was very low, if you think they tell people of her "rank" anything of importance than I don't know what to say. What interaction do you think she had with the Federal government? State government and federal government are a very different beast.

She can't confirm anything because she doesn't have anymore info than the rest of us. She is guessing. Making assumptions. No different than what people do on ATS or Facebook for that matter. And I know for a fact there are tens of thousands of American citizens that have far more insider knowledge of the federal government than Palin does.

If someone who was high up in the Federal government said this, yes, that might be worth listening to. Palin is a nobody. Seriously. State government of Alaska no less, everyone knows Alaska is deeply routed in the Federal government's plans for martial law and concentration camps.

Hollow points can be for target practice. When training the best method is to use everything that you will actually use in the field. Training on a Glock and then using a Beretta in the field is a bad idea. Hollow points and FMJ have slightly different flight patterns, generally people don't train with hollow points because of how expensive they are. The government doesn't care, I could easily see them using Hollow points for training purposes.

What worries me more, is that Hollow points are not for war. The US cannot legally use hollow points against ANY foreign military. Which means they are for domestic use only, which considering the DHS is buying them makes sense, but nobody can say these will be used on anyone BUT Americans.
edit on 1-3-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

She isn't telling anyone anything they didn't already know if they pay attention to the news.

She has drawn a link to the stockpiling being associated with preparations of civil unrest expected out of a known coming much more severe financial/economic collapse. I don't think the MSM has been covering the ammo purchases in any kind of detail or linking it to what it is for. It is news because it is the first time form what I gather that the MSM has had to try and respond to the purchases directly and try to make an excuse.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What an interesting observation.

From this thread, it reveals all that needs to be done to keep the people arguing amongst themselves, is continue to have useful idiots in government positions/ex positions. And, like us here in Australia, you guys in the US are chock full of those guys in politics.

It's like keeping a huge aviary filled with parrots. We used to say that the biggest aviary in the world was in Canberra, Australia. For there was a Hawk, a Peacock and a bunch of galahs.

So 1.6 billion bullets are bought buy your government and it is 'slipped' that it is for when civil unrest occurs. There are many avenues of discussion from that, not least the veracity of the claim given who the claimant is.

But instead, a large part of the thread is rendered moot with bickering about how good or bad someone feels towards the chirpy beak.

"She ain't no mind. Don't be botherin' with her."
"She is more like to say a truth than I'd hear from you!"
"Why so? You don't know me."
etc etc

On the topic however, as I rarely read us political items as they do not affect me so are not my place to be have input, I do recall hearing that it's becoming harder to purchase weapons, as they are being bought up.

Could it be that by buying all the ammo they can, it's not to prepare to shoot you, but to make it so that you cannot shoot them? Naive? perhaps.. I certainly don't trust government as far as I can spit.

But sometimes when you're already running in one direction, it's easier to keep running than to stop and realise the road ahead has changed?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join