It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto's Commercial on TV

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I searched Monsanto and didn't see this on ATS. I just watched this on TV and it made me sick. At the end of the video i had to yell out, "Monsanto are you kidding me?". Everyone just looked at me weird. I am really starting to see the agenda of whoever it is or whatever it is that wants us or our souls. Here is the commercial.

edit on 28-2-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
First, I'll say I don't know exactly what your agenda was. But I have one as well related to this (as I'm a small farm farmer).

Nobody will get this. Too bad. Thanks for posting it though. Needless to say I'm not a fan of Monsanto, but how do you inform the world of the dangers they impose fed by their greed. They pretty much own the USDA and FDA. Not many people realize that. Also, not many people realize:

1. Corn is really bad for the environment for a lot of reasons.
2. Corn is actually very unhealthy for consumption by people or cattle.
3. GMO and selectively bred seeds which are used to replace heirloom seeds, when introduced in a monopoly (which Monsanto has because they own the USDA and FDA) mean that the genetics of foods that were selectively bred by natural selection, will be lost forever.
4. Monsanto, through monopolies and ownership of federal agencies, has ensure that any business they conduct related to farming will maximize their profits at the expense of those who do all of the work.
5. ADM and Cargill are right beside them.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

OMG.....think I'll puke!!

I'm like you, 'are you kidding me'?!

Sadly, many people haven't got a clue as to the devil that Monsanto really is.
Many probably never heard of it before.

I'm guilty, I never heard of it until I read about it here on ATS a couple of years ago and since then, I've done tons of research and the results are spooky where it concerns our overall health.

We travel 10 mos. out of the year, therefore we can't grow a garden however my sister does and she's aware now about them and how their seeds can not be reused like 'natural' ones. They've gotten to know many local farmers there and the locals have since then helped them with seeds & their knowledge about Monsanto. Plus now they do a lot of bartering.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lynxpilot

First, I'll say I don't know exactly what your agenda was. But I have one as well related to this (as I'm a small farm farmer).

Im into living a healthy lifestyle and Monsanto products are a big nono for that. I just wanted to show people what type of propaganda they are putting on tv, and i was just so caught off guard by it i had to share. I dont really watch a lot of tv so maybe this is normal?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I'm guilty, I never heard of it until I read about it here on ATS a couple of years ago and since then, I've done tons of research and the results are spooky where it concerns our overall health.

Same and thats about the time i started living organically.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I understand now. I was just worried about hijacking a thread with an idea that didn't happen to be the irony you saw in the commercial. I think we're on the same track.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
That soil is dead as hell, and those crops are cardboard. might as well be a landfill.

It amazes me that Monsanto even has commercials...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Oh no im not trying to hijack a thread i havent read ATS today till now. I just post kind of random depending on what i think about or see that day.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I think it's funny how the like/dislike feature is turned off for this video on their YouTube channel.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynxpilot

Nobody will get this. Too bad. Thanks for posting it though. Needless to say I'm not a fan of Monsanto, but how do you inform the world of the dangers they impose fed by their greed. They pretty much own the USDA and FDA. Not many people realize that. Also, not many people realize:

3. GMO and selectively bred seeds which are used to replace heirloom seeds, when introduced in a monopoly (which Monsanto has because they own the USDA and FDA) mean that the genetics of foods that were selectively bred by natural selection, will be lost forever.
4. Monsanto, through monopolies and ownership of federal agencies, has ensure that any business they conduct related to farming will maximize their profits at the expense of those who do all of the work.

Could you elaborate on how corn is very unhealthy for consumption and how corn is bad for the environment? I have never heard any of that before.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Could you elaborate on how corn is very unhealthy for consumption and how corn is bad for the environment? I have never heard any of that before.

Most corn growers only grow corn. Continuously planting and harvesting the same crop year after year is bad for the soil. Plant pathogens spread in the soil and affect the yields unless the soil or fertilizer itself is treated with an herbicide, which eventually runs off into streams, lakes, and oceans.

Every time you take a bite out of corn you are eating whatever that fertilizer has been treated with OR the pathogen because it hasn't been treated at all OR Monsanto corn, which has been modified to resist the herbicide (which is made by Monsanto).

edit on 28-2-2013 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

Man, I wonder what the corn that the first settlers shared with the Native American's tasted like? Those must have been the days....

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Monsanto is a monster that must be stopped. What does that commercial do? Commericals are meant to reach target audience. Normally that audience is a possible customer whom the commercial should seek to pursuade to buy their product. No one buys monsanto products but farmers as far as I know. Let me explain why I think this is relevant.

Monsanto is commandeering everything. If you buy their seed you can't regrow from seeds that come from those plants ( that would basically make you able to produce your own seed for free ). You can only buy their seed. I've heard alot of crazy stuff about their genetically engineered foods.. Well, basically I would garantee every member who reads this post eats GMO's about 95 percent of their diet - probably even those who try to avoid them end up being fooled here and there as well as products simply not labeling them sometimes.

Anyhow though, these commercials - they aren't for farmers ( the main monetary gain for monsanto ). They can't be for the general public because the general public I can't see as a customer base for them. Instead I see monsanto is a growing beast. Eventually I do see the government commandeering all food management, both as the population grows to ensure that things are sustainable - but mainly as another system of control. In this way monsanto plays a pivotal role and must not only be kept alive but must be pushed with psychological condition like these commericials into the public mind. Well, at least those are my two cents. Thanks for sharing the video.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Oh no im not trying to hijack a thread i havent read ATS today till now. I just post kind of random depending on what i think about or see that day.

I meant ME hijacking YOUR thread. I liked your post and now I understand where you're coming from.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Here's a good start if you're interested:

OMNIVORE'S DILEMMA

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

That has to be multiple commercials. I have never seen a three minute commercial in my life on TV.

But you do have a point, the agriculture monopolies are playing games using propaganda techniques.

It all sounds good, but the data is starting to stack against them.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

Most corn growers only grow corn. Continuously planting and harvesting the same crop year after year is bad for the soil. Plant pathogens spread in the soil and affect the yields unless the soil or fertilizer itself is treated with an herbicide, which eventually runs off into streams, lakes, and oceans.

Every time you take a bite out of corn you are eating whatever that fertilizer has been treated with OR the pathogen because it hasn't been treated at all OR Monsanto corn, which has been modified to resist the herbicide (which is made by Monsanto).

Man, I wonder what the corn that the first settlers shared with the Native American's tasted like? Those must have been the days....

OK, that makes sense, but what about organic corn?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I'm pretty sure it's the extended version. Parts of it are te commercial though.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

I meant ME hijacking YOUR thread. I liked your post and now I understand where you're coming from.

Got ya.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I took a different road last summer that ended right at a farmer's fenced corn field before branching to the left or right. In front of me was a big serious red sign warning about trespassing on the farmer's property. I don't know more about it at all, except that it is a sad day when the most openly friendly people in the world, namely our farmers, post such a sign. It really stunned me.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I'm sure farmers have always had to protect themselves. Probably more so throughout history. They are really down to earth and friendly. The funny thing about that is its the most down to earth people who are likely to defend themselves then the people who aren't. They tend to be more fearless and jaded then the majority of the people in this country(USA). The majority of the people in this country and narcissist and live in a tiny bubble where they are all kings of their own castle with no regard to anyone but themselves.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join