reply to post by OptimusSubprime
Organic corn is the way to go if you can positively verify that they aren't using Monsanto seeds and fertilizer.
Originally posted by lynxpilot
First, I'll say I don't know exactly what your agenda was. But I have one as well related to this (as I'm a small farm farmer).
Nobody will get this. Too bad. Thanks for posting it though. Needless to say I'm not a fan of Monsanto, but how do you inform the world of the dangers they impose fed by their greed. They pretty much own the USDA and FDA. Not many people realize that. Also, not many people realize:
1. Corn is really bad for the environment for a lot of reasons.
2. Corn is actually very unhealthy for consumption by people or cattle.
3. GMO and selectively bred seeds which are used to replace heirloom seeds, when introduced in a monopoly (which Monsanto has because they own the USDA and FDA) mean that the genetics of foods that were selectively bred by natural selection, will be lost forever.
4. Monsanto, through monopolies and ownership of federal agencies, has ensure that any business they conduct related to farming will maximize their profits at the expense of those who do all of the work.
5. ADM and Cargill are right beside them.
Corn is really bad for the environment for a lot of reasons.
Corn is actually very unhealthy for consumption by people or cattle.