It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Randomness of the Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Today, whilst walking along the street and turning a corner to cross over the road, I came across a cup half filled with tea and I immediatly thought of Douglas Adams and the improbality drive. And earlier tonight I witnessed a whole bunch of joggers making their way along a different road.

Also I keep finding money on a regular basis. Only last week I found a twenty pound note just laying on a grassy verge and in the past few months I must have found at least 60 pounds in lost money. At least it beats seeing dead animals on a constant basis.

Another thing happened the other day. Some stranger started talking to me about random stuff for a few moments and then said bye and walked off. And in the town library their is usually one or two people walking around talking out loudly in long monologues. example:

"did you know that in the french revolution....he remarked to Gordon in 1998 that the financial year..."

There are other things too but I'd like to know if other members are having randomness of the Universe moments.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Very much so.. In fact most of the instances u mention have occurred to me, if not recently then in the past.. I once found 20 quid in the same spot outside a club with in a week.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Il have to write a journal i kind of loose track it happens so often. But things like getting a buzzing in my head sort of and seconds later someone texts me or is calling lol. I don't get them often but when i do i usually check my phone or facebook or something right away and it usually sent exactly at the time i would hear it.

Other weird happenings are going to my window when my friends roll up at the same time about to move my curtain they see me there pull my curtain because i think someone is rolling up lol. Its just happened to me 3-4 times now in the passed month which is pretty weird but coincidence non the less!

Now that im thinking of randomness. I did have an owl follow me once, i was walking from downtown and i could hear it hooting on street lights it landed on. Hop off glide ahead and land on another one. Just watching me walk. and hooting in the sky flying ahead of me. Was strange lol. Followed me for 30 minutes or longer im not sure.

Other strange happenings are going places i wouldn't normally go to and meeting someone weird as you stated in your post OP. Stars for you

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

Owls are spooky and mystical.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

I have small coincidental moments - a song says something, then I look over and the same thing is written. Small things like that tell me that magic is possible.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I came across a cup half filled with tea and I immediately thought of Douglas Adams and the improbability drive.

Also I keep finding money on a regular basis. Only last week I found a twenty pound note just laying on a grassy verge and in the past few months I must have found at least 60 pounds in lost money.

Some stranger started talking to me about random stuff for a few moments and then said bye and walked off.

And in the town library their is usually one or two people walking around talking out loudly in long monologues. example:

"did you know that in the french revolution....he remarked to Gordon in 1998 that the financial year..."

S&F for tweaking my interest today. However, this is where I feel compelled to say that one man's randomness of events is another man's norm.

I find containers of liquid every day: tea, coffee, soda... Empty, half full, not even opened. And, with your improbability drive thought generated by the tea, I'm pretty sure everyone derives thoughts from trash. lol

If you live in a city with many people, and with each of them carrying money, it's a sure bet that a lot of them are going to drop some of that cash. I've found over $300 dollars (U.S $) in the last two years.

Strangers talk to me ALL the time. The only difference is that your strangers say bye and walk away. Mine won't go away or stop babbling!

You want to hear a loud monologue that a stranger stuck in my head? It was in the middle of downtown and this guy hollered: AND JESUS SAID, TELL RAQUEL WELCH TO SHUT THE %$#@ UP!

My point is, what we consider random, some mathematician can prove the high probability of such events occurring. Is there really any randomness to the universe? I don't know for sure, but I don't think so.
edit on 3/3/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I don't really believe in 'randomness' per se, partly because my worldview includes the dictum, " ALL IS CONNECTED"

but, do have daily 'random' events that I believe I 'Call" to myself. Yesterday I dropped a penny and went to fetch it as it rolled around on the ground, and it came to stop beside another penny on the ground left by someone else. Of course I picked both up. But I don't see it as random, I see connectedness and the ability of humans to alter reality by way of Synchronicity,, because since I don't believe in Randomness, I also don't believe in coincidence.

Synchronicity differs because it is connected to the mindstuff we exude each day thinking this or that. Random acts only appear random from our limited point of view.

In Magick, Correspondence is the word used to signify items of "LIKENESS of Vibration" When one starts ringing a bell of a certain tone, that tone calls forth LIKE Tones to accompany it is the way I think. I have developed my own system of "Changing the Universe" by way of synchronistic events called forth from the "Ether" . I know most don't like magickal thinking, but has worked for me wonderfully to connect me to a world of infinite possiblities.

In quantum physics the finding that the Observer affects the outcome of the Observed has yet to sink in for most of mankind. We affect the world by observing and Measuring outcome in the NOW physical world.

So, yes I have this happen consistently on a regular basis because I Affect my World by My Observation,,(And I actively Observe in ritualistic ways to steer the outcome), and who doesn't want to observe more MONEY in their bank accounts,, even if it is 'only' a penny.

So, I would say, think more along the lines of Synchronicity, not Randomness if you wish to have it happen more often.
Thanks for the Thread

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just found five pounds yesterday

Thanks for the great reponses so far. May the Universe shower everyone with pennies.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

i like the idea of magical thinking, I'll try doing thst more often. In a way science and tech as it progresses seems normal and wonderous a times to you or I, would seem like magic to people 500 plus years ago.

Yo! Henry the Eighth Check out ma phone yeh. Bling it!

top topics

join