It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Forcing Women ‘To Stay in Their Homes With Their Abuser’ Because of Sequester

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by jibeho

Ok there you have it. They will clearly say anything just to make a point. A point that has no basis in the factual world of reality. This kind of crap pisses me off.

Get the facts straight

Edwards said $20 million in cuts will be made from programs funded by the Violence Against Women Act, as a result of the sequester.

According to the Justice Department, however, the Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) operated on a budget of $412.5 million during fiscal year 2012, and has requested the same amount of funding for this fiscal year.

The sequester would amount to a 4.5 percent cut to OVW

No basis in reality? Get the facts straight?

OK...I am trying to "get the facts straight"....4.5% of 412.5 Million equals what?

Anyone?

It's not $20 million.. Of course she just rounded up for effect. They all do it...
HOW IS IT THE GOP's Fault? Show me the facts on that please... I can show you Obama's signature on the sequester that was Crafted by Jack Lew.... 16 months ago. Did it take 16 months to craft BS like this....

FACTS PLEASE! How is the GOP forcing Women to stay with their abusers??? Due tell... These women can leave, go to a hotel, go to a friends, go to the police, fly to Alaska etc etc etc

Obama got what he wanted....as usual. The sequester is now his baby and daddy needs to pay child support..
edit on 1-3-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by jibeho

Term limits and campaign reform.
Spending millions to get elected or re elected to get a job that only pays 200K a year?
Something is wrong with the math and I smell rats. And rats stink let me tell you.

And in todays news...
Speaker Boehner's right-hand man heads to K Street in blockbuster hire

Barry Jackson, a long-time senior adviser to Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), is heading to K Street.

Jackson has agreed to join Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck as a strategic adviser, delivering a coup to one of the top-earning lobby firms in Washington.

The blockbuster hire brings a premier Republican name in Washington politics to the firm. In Jackson, Brownstein Hyatt will have one of the Speaker’s longest-serving and most trusted aides, giving the firm access and insight into the House GOP majority that few can match.

thehill.com...

What does that have to do with the topic? I could say that two of Obamas most trusted advisors and muscle men now work for MSNBC as official Obama surrogates. Axelrod and Gibbs. Bowing to the corporate media to further service their great leader Obama. Obama's handmaidens have worked their way into a variety of well connected cracks....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Well you have some liberals blaming asteroids on global warming so I imagine this is only a logical next step in thier madness.

No kidding. Maxine Waters tells us that 170 MILLION jobs will be lost if sequestration happens. Out of a population of 300 million, do we even have 170 million jobs in total?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

She definitely had an oopsy moment.... I think she later corrected her forecast back to 750,000 when she was called on her error. Oh my, what will this do to Obama's weakening employment figures.... It's the GOP's fault... Of course!!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes i am gonna go here if more women were armed there might be less abuse.

And go to prison for aggravated murder for 20+ years?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

She definitely had an oopsy moment.... I think she later corrected her forecast back to 750,000 when she was called on her error. Oh my, what will this do to Obama's weakening employment figures.... It's the GOP's fault... Of course!!

You may be right on that. A large number of businesses have been cutting back due to Obamacare and it's been happening right here. People at the school are talking about being cut back, 1 hour below min. requirement on hours per week for health care requirements ..while others are laid off or cut outright.

This gives them something to blame it on other than their own bad law, eh? I hadn't even thought about how the sequestration serves as a bait and switch on that other very real issue.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Quite the convenient parallel of events?? The Obamacare impact now meshes with sequester. Who gets the blame?? Anybody but Obama... Even though he signed both!! Pretty stunning... When will the water carriers finally wear out and drop their overfilled Obama buckets..??

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

It's not $20 million.. Of course she just rounded up for effect. They all do it...

Right..it was 18.6 Million vs. 20 million...so when you said "no basis in reality" ...that was a bit of a reach? It might have been rounded up...but it wasn't a baseless claim by any rational standard.

HOW IS IT THE GOP's Fault? Show me the facts on that please... I can show you Obama's signature on the sequester...

FACTS PLEASE!

Would you like video or transcripts?

Boehner on the Sequester deal after it passed:
Boehner: I do. When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the white House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy.

www.cbsnews.com...

How is the GOP forcing Women to stay with their abusers??? Due tell... These women can leave, go to a hotel, go to a friends, go to the police, fly to Alaska etc etc etc

No...She was wrong with that choice of words. The Sequester makes it much more difficult for those women to get help. It shuts down hotlines and shelters....and not every abused woman in the home has friends they can stay with or money to stay in "hotels" or "fly to Alaska"...Hotlines and shelters make a big difference.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

What are you referring too. Victims assistance and shelters is very very needed in every single community, and counseling for families and swift intercession. This is true if your liberal, republican, left, right, upside down, inside out, in the purple universe or here. Anything else is beyond criminal, and would be going back to the dark ages.

My god people have been dumbed down so instead of progression, everyone's gone back to amoeba form or something.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by Hopechest
Well you have some liberals blaming asteroids on global warming so I imagine this is only a logical next step in thier madness.

No kidding. Maxine Waters tells us that 170 MILLION jobs will be lost if sequestration happens. Out of a population of 300 million, do we even have 170 million jobs in total?

OMG!!! This is terrible!

170 Million Americans could lose their jobs!

There are only 134 Million people working in the USA.
So it looks like 40 Million people who do not have jobs will ALSO become unemployed!!!

edit on 1-3-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Predator drones are a great example of technology being developed that is beyond our moral ability to utilize properly. We are not mature enough for predator drones but then we were never mature enough for atomic or nuclear weapons either but that didn't stop us.
edit on 1-3-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Where do you get your figure 134 mil people working?
Your figures might be off.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think they are going to settle on a last minute deal and Obama is playing chicken with the GOP and vice versa. Each is waiting for the other to give in. At the end of the day I think they will reach some agreement and all this Sequester talk is if they all dropped dead and couldn't reach a deal.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

That's the number tax returns received by the IRS from working Americans in 2007.

By 2011 that number climbed to 138 Million but Maxine Waters appears to making numbers up

that feed into the big, ugly Armageddon Narrative that failed.

Obama changed his tune on Thursday: Most Americans won't even notice the sequester.

If Obama is smart he will trim the fat and NOT the muscle.

The FAA director looked like a fool on CNN.

The flights should not be delayed at all.

Reason: Truth be told there are FEWER planes in the air due to all of the airline mergers

that have taken place.

edit on 1-3-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

From an insiders perspective he most likely will look the fool but if ATC (NACTA) starts having their large union pull shenanigans then you can see some major airports experience some extreme slow-downs.

Reason: Truth be told there are FEWER planes in the air due to all of the airline mergers

that have taken place

I am no analysis, but I can see the numbers and the airport I am at has experienced an increase of flow and hasn't seen any major changes since the mergers -- considering the latest won't really be felt till a few months down the road. American is still flying American and US Airways is still flying US Airways. This stuff doesn't happen before the ink is dry on the contract.

I am with you overall that it was doom and gloom but some of the larger Federal unions can really levy a hurt if they want to. My union....I can care less about. I love my job and I will go out and fix what needs to be fixed.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer you crack me up.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

In 2009 the IRS reported 135 million tax returns.

It would be less than that now considering we have 8% unemployment.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

He's not that smart.
He's punishing the productive and rewarding the unproductive.
Using your picture ... he's going to give this country a heart attack.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

From an insiders perspective he most likely will look the fool but if ATC (NACTA) starts having their large union pull shenanigans then you can see some major airports experience some extreme slow-downs.

that have taken place

I am no analysis, but I can see the numbers and the airport I am at has experienced an increase of flow and hasn't seen any major changes since the mergers -- considering the latest won't really be felt till a few months down the road. American is still flying American and US Airways is still flying US Airways. This stuff doesn't happen before the ink is dry on the contract.

I am with you overall that it was doom and gloom but some of the larger Federal unions can really levy a hurt if they want to. My union....I can care less about. I love my job and I will go out and fix what needs to be fixed.

Sorry but the CNN host actually did her homework before the interview with the FAA

director. She started off with the fact that there are fewer planes in the air right now due

to the airline mergers. He looked embarrassed and admitted she was right.

Then she asked "Isn't it true that the CBO stated that the FAA is receiving $500 Million

more money today than it did in 2008?"

Once again, the FAA director looked embarrassed and admitted she was right again.

Then she finished him off with " I'm confused. You can't cut 2%?"

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

He's not that smart.
He's punishing the productive and rewarding the unproductive.
Using your picture ... he's going to give this country a heart attack.

Punishing the productive and rewarding the unproductive?

Don't they do that in Greece?

That sounds like a recipe for economic disaster.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join