It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another one! Beyonce' admits to being demon possessed.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns

The Baphomet Pentagram is the official, copyrighted symbol of the Church of Satan

Church of Satan is a parody group that is simply designed for having a laugh at the catholic churches expense. Most people whom recognize the CoS are just doing it to annoy catholics...they are hardly the end all/be all of anything unholy..nor can they change meaning on ancient symbols for their own purpose (well, they can to an extent..the unlearned man believes the swastika to be a evil symbol because the germans corrupted it...so I suppose perception can go that way)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa
Can you tell me why a demon wants to enter the body of a popstar? Would it not make more sense to enter the body of a world leader?

Or are Demons wanabe popstars?

Pop stars have more influence. The country mourned when Crackhead Whitney Houston died. They buried General Norman Swartzcoff today, most have no idea who he is.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It goes against every fabric of what I know

Please inform me of what this could possibly be in all of your many years of knowing. If you only knew how hopelessly futile your efforts to sound intelligent really are. I mean with'in the context of this thread only. Because the rest of the time, I imagine you as being very self impressive.
edit on 28-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It's fun to believe in demonic possession, I understand. Novelty of the supernatural. However, have you first considered psychological explanations for the way she felt, before jumping straight to spirits? Pop stars aren't immune to afflictions... and like all humans, they are capable of fabricating things.

edit on 28-2-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

It's not logically impossible.

Than show me some objective proof, based on some measurable evidence/data.

Just you proclaiming it as such doesn't make it so. You only think she's speaking in a metaphorical context because you refuse to acknowledge the existence of demons.

Well I never actually denied the existence of demons, I find the likelihood of them existing doubtful, but you actually show me a demon(beyond a shadow of a doubt) I might start believing. Despite your likely objection, I pray on a daily basis for revelation, because that's what many Christians say you must do, and despite my lack of faith I pray for that as well. So far I have gotten nothing, maybe I am wrong and hopefully your god will forgive me if I am.

You think everyone throughout history who has ever been possessed is suffering from some form of mental illness or just made it up.

Well many who do claim to be possessed have been examined in modern day and many have grave psychological conditions, been under extreme trauma/stress, or have had physical defects in their brain. But if your asking about before modern medicine, than no I have no idea if those people were possessed or not.

This is the problem with you naysayers. You are all arrogant and condescending. Just because you don't believe in it gives you no right to act like an arrogant ass. Seriously.

Sorry I was being facetious, I apologize if you took offense.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
But that's not a reason to believe Beyonce was being truthful.

Why not? What indicates that she wasn't?

have you first considered psychological explanations?

Yes. But do schizophrenics know about their other personalities? I don't think they do. And I've never heard of a schizophrenic describing the moment one of their personalities entered their body.

Pop stars aren't immune to afflictions... and like all humans, they are capable of fabricating things.

There's nothing that indicates she fabricated anything.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I just want to point something out to all of those who cannot open their mind enough to intelligently discuss this topic without completely dismissing it.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

I just watched several documentaries recently on this topic. There is some pretty compelling video footage out there if you can open your mind for a minute to actually watch them without simultaneously climbing up on your high horse. Bob Dylan, Katy Perry, Snoop, Snooki, Eminem, and Kanye all openly admit that they sold their 'souls' to get where they are now. Is it a metaphor? Maybe. Is it for shock value? Possibly. After personally entertaining the idea (see the above quote), I am not so sure.

The thing I found to be the most shocking was that Little Wayne video 'Love me'. I haven't had cable or satellite tv in about five years, so I haven't seen a music video in a very long time. Clips of that video from the documentaries roused my curiosity enough to look the vid up on Youtube and I was 100% shocked by what I saw.

I am shocked that parents let their children be exposed to this kind of material.

I do not think for a second that it was 'creative' or 'artistic'; its flat out disgusting. The longer you watch, the more disgusting it gets. At the end, the women are basically smearing blood all over themselves and the room they are in.

Even if you dismiss the obviously occult/satanic/mind control imagery of the video, the content and overall message of the song says it all.

Keep in mind, that this is only my opinion. I am not saying that anyone is right or wrong, but, that they should look into for themselves before they completely write it off, because, as I said previously, there is some pretty compelling footage out there.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

Trauma and stress would make sense. Isn't being a performance artist, especially one of worldwide fame, a very stressful occupation?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

Than show me some objective proof, based on some measurable evidence/data.

Offhand I don't have any. I never claimed I did. This is the problem with modern internet atheism/skepticism. The fallacious belief that everything that is proclaimed needs evidence on the spot or it's not true.

Well I never actually denied the existence of demons, I find the likelihood of them existing doubtful, but you actually show me a demon(beyond a shadow of a doubt) I might start believing.

No offense, but I don't care if you believe us or not. As I stated in the OP this post is for those who believe in this stuff. Of course naysayers and skeptics are gonna show up, but we're not here to convince you. We could honestly care less.

This wasn't posted to change anyone's mind (although if it did that would just be icing on the cake). It was posted to get info out to people who are into this topic.

And thank you for the apology.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You and everyone replying in this thread could go back and forth all day with that.
"Prove it is."
"Why? Prove it isn't. Ha, got you there. I AM right!"

Do you say that you believe she is telling the truth?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

If you think Lil Wayne's "Love Me" video is crazy, watch Ke$ha's video "Die Young." It's non-stop Illuminati and Satanic imagery (including an upside down cross that flashes on the screen randomly the whole video)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

I believe that she is telling the truth and there's nothing to indicate that she made this up or was speaking metaphorically.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
It's fun to believe in demonic possession, I understand. Novelty of the supernatural. However, have you first considered psychological explanations for the way she felt, before jumping straight to spirits? Pop stars aren't immune to afflictions... and like all humans, they are capable of fabricating things.

Of course ! Their all just full of crap, mentally unstable or liars. I think Dylan was as serious as heart attack myself.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I watched that one too.

And again, I am not sure which is more disturbing; the imagery or the message. The message in her song is appalling and is right up there with the other video mentioned, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Exactly, Randy! And it's one thing to be a 20-something year old pop star now and say this weird stuff. It's another thing to be a 60 year old man and admit to something that you did in your past. What fame does he have to gain from admitting that he made a deal with the devil? And he also does nothing to indicate it was a metaphor or anything like that

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

There's a difference between keeping an open mind and believing something because you want it to be true.

I believe in dark entities myself, and I think possession and influence happens. I also try not to forget that there are other explanations, and if I found out tomorrow that spirits didn't exist, I wouldn't cry about it.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I never dismissed the idea that other explanations were possible.

Just for the record.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

See that just seems to be a diversionary tactic. No one here who believes in this is saying that alternate explanations don't exist. So I don't know why the "skeptics" and naysayers (for lack of a better term) keep bringing that up, as if we said it can't be schizophrenia or something.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

She's never said she's acting or speaking metaphorically (because how many people really do that?).

Um, they do if it's just a metaphor.

No they don't. Not generally. You might hear someone say, "metaphorically speaking" but not usually. Most people can see that it's implied. The thing is most people don't believe in demons. You do. That's fine. But most people don't. If someone mentions a demon it's figurative, it might be drugs or alcohol or whatever. It's the same with spirit. Spirit is a generic word.

I know you view Beyonce as a negative force, vulgar lyrics, inappropriate dress, but when she says spirit it makes me think of the spirit that a people often associate with religious experience, like speaking it tongues or shaking.You might believe that's the Holy Spirit, I see it as the body becoming overwhelmed with emotion and energy and the communal experience. It's the rush of being a part of something. I think that general concept is what most people interpret as spirit. I think that's what she means. I don't think she imagines that any one would interpret it as demonic possession. That's why she doesn't clarify.

But if she did say, "It's all figurative speech. Sasha Fierce is a character I use to amp myself up. I have never associated with demons. I rock occult symbolism because it looks hot." would that mean anything to you? Would you believe her?

I don't like to get into it about this topic (then why did I? I don't know), because it's really the "tip of the iceberg" issue. You believe in God, Satan, demons, the Illuminati and the Anti-Christ (I'm assuming, sorry if I was too presumptive). If I don't believe in one of those things then we have different realities. It's like we got an assignment to write a paper on one thing, but we're working out of books that are polar opposites. You're not wrong to believe what you believe, but I do think it makes discussion hard for both sides. And I'm not saying that only your side makes it difficult, it's an issue on both sides.

And it just gets exhausting so fast. I could take every quote they pulled from her and give a different interpretation of it, but it's not worth it. As much as you say you consider other possibilities, I don't think you do. I don't think you consider that maybe there aren't demons, or at the very least maybe they aren't going around possessing pop stars.

You say you were asleep for a long time. Before you woke up, were you sure of your reality? I mean, for the bulk of the time, obviously something triggered the transition. If you were wrong before? How can you be sure you're not wrong now?

You don't have to answer that. The thread isn't about that. And ultimately and obviously you're free you define your reality as it feels right to you. You're not hurting others and you don't have to answer to me.

For what it's worth I do understand why you would be upset with the spreading of the symbolism.,

edit on 2/28/2013 by SaulGoodman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Does nothing to indicate it's a metaphor? You kidding me?

A deal with the devil essentially means he sold his soul (ideals) for fame and money.

It's a very, very easy connection to make.
edit on 28-2-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join