It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite video game?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Hmmmm im mostly a RPG, MMO RPG, Fighting, and some FPS kinda gamer...

-Final Fantasy Series PS1, PS2, PS3
-Zelda Series, esp Ocarina of Time N64
-The Legend of Dragoon PS1
-Metal Gear Solid Series PS1, PS3, PS3
-Just Cause 2 PS3
-Street Fighter and its crosses(Marvel, Capcom, Tekken etc) All Console.

edit on 2/28/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

Favorite game ever.....Star Trek Armada 2 for PC. I have been developing my own Mod for it. It is basically a compilation of EVERY other mod ever created. As it stands I have about 60-70% of all modded content ever made included into my own mod.

I just recently pulled my last save of the game folder off my back up hard drive and started debugging it after a year of break time. I had a faulty game file somewhere among thousands of files...so I just put it away for a while. I am confident I have resolved the issue and I am starting to continue where I left off. The game itself was released almost a decade ago, but you wouldnt be able to tell. People have not stopped developing it and it actually has a strong mod fan base. Primarily with a popular online modification to it called Fleet ops, which completely revamped all textures and graphics. It is as good as anything released now. It is a great little game.

I decided not to take on the fleet ops mod, but rather extract the ships and stations from it into mine. Fleet ops changed the game play to be more dynamic. I like the original approach so I just work off a patch made that upgraded the game to current standards.

I know it seems odd to still be obsessed with a game released for XP, but its one of those well kept secrets where the community that supports it have not dropped the ball. That continuity is due in part to the actual game developers embracing the mod community and helping out where they could.

It was originally made by Activision, but they did a poor job. The vast majority of the once large network of affiliated sites dedicated to the game mod community have gone under, and consolidated to some degree under just two remaining sites, one of which is supported by file front.

It is part of my life now. I use modding it as an anti stress. It is really satisfying to have something I have been working on for many years and see it grow as my own ability grows. It is like a journal where I know every nook and cranny of something and can express myself in a way that has really no limits and I can see where that has taken me over the years.

I made a few models and a few of my own additions, but ultimately I have been working on making it THE universal scifi game. I have every race, every show, every movie, every ship for the most part of anything space related. Everything from the "protector" of "galaxy quest" to the ships and stations from "BattleStar Galactica or Babylon 5".....

I am very proud of what I have done. It is more rewarding to tweak it than to actually play it. I actually just test what I have done for stability instead of even playing it anymore. I enjoy seeing what I do internally expressed in the game. It is cray fun!

as far as consoles, I like COD.

edit on 28-2-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
In no particular order:

1) Baldur's Gate
2) ChronoTrigger
3) Zelda
4) Runescape - currently playing the 2007 version.

Bill

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well I have only seen like 2 half-lifers, kudos...
Seen a lot of chrono trigge which makes me happy, as well as a little bit of baldurs gate and never winter nights which is awesome.

But my favorite game of all time resides in the golden sun series. 3 sucked on a golden sun scale but 1 and 2 are fantastic, my favorite just barely emerging as the second one.

Ahhhh the gba... Not a bad consol, it is practically a hand held snes which is perhaps the best consol ever created
edit on 28-2-2013 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
as of right now Far Cry 3, thinking about getting skyrim. any suggestions?

oh, and Counter Strike
edit on 28-2-2013 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Fight Night Champions (PS3) is my fav.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

War of th Monsters is another great game to play with friends.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Many!

Planescape torment
Fallout 2
Baldurs Gate (the whole series)
Dark Souls (I don`t own a PS3 so Demon souls is a no go for me)
Dwarf Fortress
Jagged Alliance 2
Half Life (the whole series)
Arcanum
Morrowind
SP:waw

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Skyrim. Just started a new character and it feels like a brand new game again.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I've played a lot of games through my time. I love Borderlands 2 and Diablo 3. Loot drops are so addictive. Startrek Elite Force 2 was a cool fps, I did a lot of online play with that in clans and tournaments.

Also the Mass Effect series, Totally awesome Sci fi epic RPG. Fantastic.
Quake was my all time favourite (The online part of it) Got me through my earlier years when good old dial up modem was in full swing. Playing in tournaments in the UK and doing quite well in it aswell.
I also like the original Command and Conquer game, Mammoth tanks were the best. Also back in the day I played Colin Mcrae Rally online on a service call BT Wireplay i think it was called.

I could go on forever with the games i have played.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Oh man, there's so many out there.

Half Life (1 and 2). Half life pretty much was the beginning of my video game life. (Also loved the Counter-Strike mod for it)
Deus Ex (this game pretty much led me to ATS)
Battlefield 3
Medieval 2 Total War
...the list could go on and on

reply to post by Sly1one

That game looks amazing. Here's a post apocalypic game Im waiting for that will be out in just a few months. (Zombies are also in it)

This is really the only game Im waiting for, along with the new Simcity.
edit on 28-2-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Dota 2 and Vanilla WoW are all that I've been playing recently.
Favorite game of all time would have to be Final Fantasy VII; really wish they would do a remake with updated graphics and mechanics.

If anyone wants a Dota 2 invite, feel free to ask.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks
as of right now Far Cry 3, thinking about getting skyrim. any suggestions?

oh, and Counter Strike
edit on 28-2-2013 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

Skyrim is a very well realized game, the extent to which it feels "complete" is insane. It's a fun game even if you play it casually, though it can get boring somewhat quickly.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

FF7 Best game for sure. Followed closely by half life (any of them are fantastic).

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Road to the show.
Day Drafted, minors through your last day in the majors.
Best Baseball game I ever played and I played the real game as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So many great games over the years, it's very hard to choose favorites.

1, World of warcraft original/the burning crusades

2, Zelda ocarina of time

3, Metroid prime

4, Rome total war

5, Battlefield 2 pc

6, Super Mario 64

7, Tomb raider

8, Dragon Age: Origins

9, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

10, Half life 2

Feels like i left so many other great games out, damn i hate lists

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

I would have guessed with the Cid avatar

There are a few on this thread that quote FF7 as being their fave game of all time...I rarely find I am alone in this view.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

There is a huge fan base for FF7, and would argue that is the best RPG ever made. I am one of them too.

Its is almost always FF6 or FF6 at top and last being FFX-2.

Even with all the off shoot from FF7 like Crisis Core, Advent Children, Dirge Of Cerberus... etc

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I also wanted to give a mention to Exhumed ( or PowerSlave as it was known outside of Europe).

I played it on the Sega Saturn in 96 and I am always disappointed in how under rated the game was/is....as was Lobotomy Software and their SlaveDriver engine.

I think it was dismissed as just another Doom clone...although it had RPG and adventure element's and load's of puzzle solving. It was as much a platform game as it was a FPS. It had an Egyptian theme and the Egyptian sounding soundtrack was class!

There was a "secret's" element to the game whereby they hid 23 Lobotomy team doll's across the game and each one had the real face of one of the 23 faces of the Lobotomy team superimposed on an Egyptian doll. It was a very challenging task to find all the doll's which required great dedication but a challenge I felt was hugely rewarding!

For those not familiar, a clip if anyone is interested....

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Omg, thanks, I actually had forgotten about that game!

I played it on PSX and I was also not expecting much of Exumed, it looked like a doom clone and I usually preferred PC's fps's and I was pleasantly surprised.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join