It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under-age rape victim convicted of fornication, sentenced to 100 lashes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nolabel
reply to post by Daughter2

And how many of them were sentenced to be publicly flogged?

Probably none but living in Juvenile Hall is like jail. Pretty bad experience.

Regardless, the US also treats victims as criminals.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

The overnight arrest of an alleged pimp and his 14-year-old prostitute in Colonie is shining a light on what has become a world-wide sex trade enterprise.

Yep, there's your problem right there. She really was a prostitute.

That 14-year-old was reported missing from Saint Anne's Institute for troubled youth in Albany nearly two weeks earlier. She and two others ran away on June 10, spending some time wandering the streets, or staying with friends.

She was in a group home for being troubled (normally the last chance before they go to a lock-up facility) and then ran away from that and was hooking. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

We'll probably just send her back to another facility rather than give her 100 lashes.

So yes, we are better.
edit on 26-2-2013 by GreenGlassDoor because: because i am stupid

edit on 26-2-2013 by GreenGlassDoor because: still stupid

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Well 100 lashes will show her not to be a rape victim anymore....

With the Muslim world one thing that stands out to me, being a physiology major, is that life experiences is never taken into account. Back in the 80s I worked with a guy who took his 12 year old daughter to work and both myself and friend felt really wired around her. That weirdness was due to the fact that she looked at us, measured us up and down with her eyes, in a much different way than what a typical 12 year old would look at a grown man. Afterwards we even made comments about how strange the situation was.

Within a year this guy was busted for molestation of his daughter. He had been sexually molesting her since she was eight and he went to jail for 20 plus years. How he got caught was that he forbid her to see her 18 year old boy friend (she was 13 at the time), and so she turned him in with the police who did a phone call from her to him.

This is where the Muslim world I think fail miserably in she was the way she was due to her experiences, I'm sure the rest of her life she will be basically messed up and might end up in some very bad situations. IT IS NOT HER FAULT!!! That is what the Muslim world just seems time and time again to not understand...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlindBastards
Of course it’s harsh and I 100% disagree and detest these sorts of things but its their culture, their lands and their laws. It’s as simple as that, really. It’s no one else’s business what happens in their little slice of hell. Though, this is one of many reasons why I very much dislike religion... I don’t think people from the West can really judge considering how they let their governments treat them. Only here they do it covertly and more through financial means. Over there it’s very overt and often brutal.

By adopting this attitude we are no better than those people who are committing these asinine acts.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Those that propose 100 lashes for a rape victim under Islamic Sharia law should be subject to 40 lashes minus 1 of the old Roman scourge. 40 lashes were known to cause death thus the minus 1. Should they go so far as to let the rapist off with little or no punishment and go to punish the victim, the full weight of 40 lashes should be applied.

If anyone did that to one of my daughters, they would discover there is no safe place on earth.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Now im not saying i agree with their laws in the first place but the title of this post makes it seem like the girl was being punished for being raped but when you look into it further you see this is not the case. It seems she broke the law and was punished for it.

If you had something stolen from you and the police investigated it and during those investigations they discover that you had stolen something from someone else wouldn't you expect to be punished? Or would you expect the police to let you off because someone had stolen from you?

Like i said im not saying i agree with their laws or their punishment in the first place but one action doesn't cancel out another no matter how horrible.

For anyone having trouble with the analogy and needs it presented in simpler terms: you cant expect immunity from the law because someone committed a crime against you at a later date.

It obvious that their laws and punishments seem barbaric compared to the laws in our own society but that's not the issue here. She is not being punished for being raped like the title of the OP implies she is being punished for something that happened before the rape happened to her.

I certainly dont agree with the punishment.

edit on 27-2-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Aside from the obvious underage rape...

It does seems like she slept with other men as well. Maybe she is not the innocent angel but some future prostitute, or maybe someone that can't control their hormones.

Its stupid laws they have, but it is good to look at all part of the stories and not just one side due to our emotion.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If you’re truly interest in truth about Islam and the agenda of their people besides the few threads I have on ATS about the topic for many years, here are just two links that will open your eyes and expose the facts without PC (Political Correctness)

www.thestraightway.org...

www.radiojihad.org...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Every religion evolves at it's own pace. I'd rather get lashes then being burned at the stake for being a woman which is what "Christians" and "Catholics" did for centuries. Are we to forgot about those?

It is estimated that over 200,000 people were burned at the stake, mostly woman during the "cleansing" period for Christians and Catholics and those estimates are conservative because many places never recorded their burnings.

I'm not saying what is happening in this story is okay, it sucks and is not cool at all, but what I am saying is that those wishing to target Islam and label it a hateful religion might need to crack open a history book before pointing fingers.

Millions of innocent woman and children have been slaughtered by Christians and Catholics because they did not want to convert.

Every religion has its bad seeds and to condemn everyone practicing that religion is foolish because it just starts the cycle of hate/death all over again...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedbeardedFoo

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Now im not saying i agree with their laws in the first place but the title of this post makes it seem like the girl was being punished for being raped but when you look into it further you see this is not the case. It seems she broke the law and was punished for it.

If you had something stolen from you and the police investigated it and during those investigations they discover that you had stolen something from someone else wouldn't you expect to be punished? Or would you expect the police to let you off because someone had stolen from you?

Like i said im not saying i agree with their laws or their punishment in the first place but one action doesn't cancel out another no matter how horrible.

edit on 27-2-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

We are talking about physical rape not stealing someones nikes you fool

Try again with another argument chief, that's one of the least convincing statements ive read in 3 years on ATS....so congrats you've stepped one level lower than a real troll.....

It wasn't a low comment at all. The title of this thread is a little misleading. Phoenix wasn't agreeing with the punishment - they were just clarifying what happened in this case.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Aside from the obvious underage rape...

It does seems like she slept with other men as well. Maybe she is not the innocent angel but some future prostitute, or maybe someone that can't control their hormones.

See, the US isn't that different than Islam.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well, that's there law. What should we do about it, send a destroyer, a few hundred tanks and bombers and 5 thousands troops to effect regime change so they can have our laws then?

I'm not defending the actions, I think it's sick but the reality is that Islam and Sharia law isn't changing anytime soon so unless your willing to "ethnic cleanse" millions of people world wide, Id get used too it.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedbeardedFoo
islam is a disease and allah was a demented child molester....it does seem to be slowly infecting our once beautiful nation.

Keep defending rapists you sad little parasites....you will be purged soon enough.

Are you saying God was a demented child molester? Because "Allah" means "God". I think you were meaning Mohammad who is said to be a prophet of Islam.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Lostmymarbles because: (no reason given)

Which only shows how uneducated some people are on the whole subject. Those who lack knowledge are the worse because to them knowledge is magic and therefore a blight on the world and must be cleanse through fire!
edit on 27-2-2013 by Lostmymarbles because: added

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I wonder how many people who detest this and say it must stop are also opposed to the "NWO". Because honestly, while I think acts like this are completely unacceptable, I understand that those are their laws. Unless they change them themselves, there is very little you or I can do about it. (Insert world governance)

Those are your options.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RedbeardedFoo

BTW you do know that Islam has the Old Testament in it and that they do consider Jesus as a prophet but just not their messiah.

So when you speak negative on Islam, you technically speak negative on the Old Testament/Bible which therefore you speak negatively on Jesus.

You do not like Jesus?

Jesus in Islam

Jesus in the Quran

I use to consider myself a Christian but as I grew up I realized that most Christians do not practice the teachings of Christ and therefore I no longer consider myself a Christian but a believer in God and that Christ came to show us how we should live our lives.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Lostmymarbles because:
grammar

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
edit on 27-2-2013 by Lostmymarbles because: added quote

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Meanwhile, in the US...

Mentally disabled folk are being locked up by force, against their will, and are stuck with needles in order to keep them "under control". Their families don't visit them, and would rather them rot in padded cells or in nursing homes where abuse runs rampant.

Point being, no one can judge another culture.

Look in the mirror.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Oh good. Another evil Islam, and we're "so much better" Threads. Ignorance - 1, Intelligence - 0.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

Ack, careful, you might be burned at the stake for pointing out flaws of this flawless country!

The U.S. is one of the few countries that ship family members off to die in cells rather then help take care of them. It's the American way!

This is in fact one of the most disgusting things ever. My fiancee's dad is ill (cancer) and the first thing the hospital told them was to put him into a hospice or home (which would give him about 6 months if lucky) they (hospital) even tried forcing them to do it. She refused and we helped take care of him, 3 years later the doctors are amazed that he's still enjoying life...I wonder why...
edit on 27-2-2013 by Lostmymarbles because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join