It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is perfect then....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed

Originally posted by Akragon

He will have no emotion or care that I do not believe in him.

He will have no emotion or care that you do believe in him.

Or am I wrong? (If so, why?)

He believes in you... Regardless of your belief in him

Well as my creator he should believe in me, however he does not care that I do not believe in him.

Why does that matter if All return to him?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mrperplexed

Interesting, What is your religion, if you believe in the possibility of multiple gods? The mere mention of a God having to sacrifice immediately shows imperfection, as it shows going without, longing, yearning, needing.
I'm a Christian, someone who believes in multiple 'gods' who make up the greater God, for example, the Trinity.
The universe is "imperfect". If you don't think so, then you are missing something.
God's not imperfect, He's the balance to that "imperfection" inherent to any universe that can be 'created'.
The "longing, yearning" is the action on our part.
I think God is pragmatic.

edit on 26-2-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Interesting, What is your religion, if you believe in the possibility of multiple gods? The mere mention of a God having to sacrifice immediately shows imperfection, as it shows going without, longing, yearning, needing.
I'm a Christian, someone who believes in multiple 'gods' who make up the greater God, for example, the Trinity.
The universe is "imperfect". If you don't think so, then you are missing something.
God's not imperfect, He's the balance to that "imperfection" inherent to any universe that can be 'created'.
The "longing, yearning" is the action on our part.
I think God is pragmatic.

edit on 26-2-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Well said. OK.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I think perfection is a completely transcendent and unfathomable idea. If God's existence is perfect, we can't understand and describe it with our monkey brains. This 'emotion' stuff is all too human. God is also the God of rocks you know
If God created everything from its being then God is in some way the totality of its Creation. If it is emotional, that too is a form of emotion completely alien to human experience.

My thoughts, not to be taken as dogma

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

He cares, but he won't force Himself on you. He did you a favor and created a place void of all of His attributes, ie love, joy, peace, contentment etc. It's called hell. For everyone else He showed His love for us by dying on the cross, to pay the penalty for our sins. We get to be in His presence for eternity. I guess in the end, we both get what we want, so its win win.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

How exactly did you equate perfection with having no emotions?

I had posted something relevant to this a few days earlier. I'm going to repost it here with a few minor tweaks.

Take the example of the sun. We can choose to appreciate it for its heat and light.... or we can just take it for granted.

Some people appreciate it and others don't. The fact remains that the sun shines in the sky and its brightness is neither increased by people who appreciate it.... nor is it decreased because of those who don't. Yet, without the sun all of us stumble about in the cold and the dark. So it is us who need the suns heat and light... its not the sun that needs our appreciation.

With God, He IS there.... whether or not we acknowledge and worship Him. Our belief or lack of belief neither adds to his glory nor takes away from it. In the end, we find out that we need Him, not the other way round. Now of course, God being watchful over His creations, deals with believers differently from those who disbelieve.

edit on 25-2-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

That's like the best allegory, analogy I've heard comparing the Sun to God.

Well done, I like it.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by yoursteppingonmytoes

That was a bad analogy on sk0rpi0n's part. The sun doesn't have emotion, but imagine if it did? Cutting off its light because it was mad at some individuals on the planet.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
What is perfect?

Perfect is subjective.

Could you rightly even say god is greater than you? Great is also a subjective term.

So, in this case, I would have to say god is equal to us. And the extent that you realize the equality of all will be the extent that you are aware of God.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What do people hope to accomplish by posting these poorly thought out threads? Do you really think you're going to make religious folk change their core beliefs? I mean, come on... people who want to believe in gods will believe in gods, those who don't, won't. It doesn't make a difference whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by yoursteppingonmytoes

That was a bad analogy on sk0rpi0n's part. The sun doesn't have emotion, but imagine if it did? Cutting off its light because it was mad at some individuals on the planet.

I can imagine. I don't have trouble with that. Others do, deny ignorance.
Stay open minded, after all that's why most of us are here.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

then why do we say the most merciful !

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I belive we have all been misled. The true identity of the Universal creator is... Female! The term Creatrix is rarely spoken of, yet it is one of the oldest beliefs on this planet. This information has been suppressed in our society for a reason. We are moving away from a male dominated world. Women don't wage wars, they usually promote peace and caring. To heal this planet, the divine feminine must be reconized once more. A real man knows the awesome power of women.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
I belive we have all been misled. The true identity of the Universal creator is... Female! The term Creatrix is rarely spoken of, yet it is one of the oldest beliefs on this planet. This information has been suppressed in our society for a reason. We are moving away from a male dominated world. Women don't wage wars, they usually promote peace and caring. To heal this planet, the divine feminine must be reconized once more. A real man knows the awesome power of women.

My oh my what a can of worms that will open!

But, I have recently come to believe something of the same thing. For instance, what the all-seeing eye represents. Anyone who knows what I'm talking about the all seeing eye will know what I mean. & where the female God theory comes from.

But Oannes you could well indeed be correct.

In the spirit of trying to re-rail a thread. I think option 2 has been the most chosen so I'll take..the SAME!
Ha! Yes, cheap and easy I'll take that. I've lived enough of this one rough as can get, but it could still get worse.
I'm typing on a computer in a first world country with all my needs taken care of. And some wants to...

A single human lifetime of wanting for nothing would be blissful with endless pleasures. But I'm starting to believe that life was more than just the pleasure's we have in life. It can't be about this all the time, to have fully lived we must have experienced many high's and many low's, the balance and equilibrium is different for everyone. This is the human experience.

OP an interesting hypothetical but how about you've already made your choice OP that's the life you're living now. Use your free will to live the life that you choose. People will constantly be teaching you along the way of many things but in the end it is YOU who must chose you're own path and no one can choose it for you.

IF G-d exists, its explicitly said that THIS is what HE/SHE wants YOU TO DO by using your free will....

Tell me something, who will be more likely to chose YOUR life's path.. more than likely anyway? That's right, YOURSELF
In a way, you yourself are your very own G-d. And your not sure if "The" G-d exists, well neither am I.

edit on 26-2-2013 by yoursteppingonmytoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

God is not gross matter. God created the human to express itself; to know itself as dense matter. God does not have a physical brain or body. You are its expressions coming back to it and describing your experiences. It learns from you. It cannot feel emotion, only catalogs it as 'this is that is' electrically and more importantly magnetically: I am describing moments in creation, it has a better grasp on those idea forms now through entropy (time) enabling it to understand the 'concept' of emotion; it has to be human fully to grasp that concept. Has that event occurred yet and if not why? Jesus is not returning as Savior, he is already here, and very unwilling to sacrifice himself again. PTSD disorder Big Time.
edit on 26-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

It may sound funny, but the way you describe your perception of God makes Him sound like an emotionless "super computer" that has to send out drones to collect data. If the "super computer" knows nothing of emotions how would it be able to program the "drones" to experience them and report back to it, and how would it be able to interpret the data?

I can't say that I'm "on board" with your explanation but I find it an interesting concept. I do however agree with you in this: If I were the Messiah I would be hesitant to risk a repeat of my last visit and would probably have PTSD. It's a good thing I'm not or the denizens of Earth would probably be in big trouble.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
What do people hope to accomplish by posting these poorly thought out threads? Do you really think you're going to make religious folk change their core beliefs? I mean, come on... people who want to believe in gods will believe in gods, those who don't, won't. It doesn't make a difference whatsoever.

Untrue. I am still forming my beliefs on God, and it is eye opening to hear how some people can convey Him.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This is actually the biggest secret of freemasonry. It is a society that secretly keeps the divine feminine alive. There symbol of the square and the compass usually has a G or M in the middle. These stand for Goddess and Mother. They know the ancient truths. The Divine Architech is Female. Even the word God was originally a feminine term. Our world is off balance. The scales have to be reset. Once I understood the true identity of our Creatrix, it all began to make sense. The Cosmic Womb, Spider woman, Great Mother etc...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Untrue. I am still forming my beliefs on God, and it is eye opening to hear how some people can convey Him.

Likewise

There must be something to it after all. I just think if it was ever proven, would it still be special?
Not as special I don't think. imho

Oh if you're addressing anyone and giving them titles, your beliefs are forming on the "FOR" team I believe my friend. Which there is nothing wrong with.
edit on 26-2-2013 by yoursteppingonmytoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm sorry but it really makes me sick to my stomach that people actually believe there is a white bearded man looking over us, guarding a white clouded garden judging who gets in or not. This god had a son named Jesus and people wrote the bible after him and worship it word for word, and live by these teachings. They separate themselves and put themselves up higher because "they know the word of god".

If God exists, why don't people who live in the Rain Forests worship "God" and praise to Jesus?

We are here to love, express love, be loved, find our spiritual self, look behind the veil and illusions presented to us, question everything, learn as much as we can. Not live our lives by some rules written down by power hungry and controlling men. Christianity was set out to DECEIVE the masses into believing something and occupying their minds to separate themselves from everybody else. It makes no sense why people still to this day blindy follow a MOCK RELIGION.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose
I'm sorry but it really makes me sick to my stomach that people actually believe there is a white bearded man looking over us, guarding a white clouded garden judging who gets in or not. This god had a son named Jesus and people wrote the bible after him and worship it word for word, and live by these teachings. They separate themselves and put themselves up higher because "they know the word of god".

If God exists, why don't people who live in the Rain Forests worship "God" and praise to Jesus?

We are here to love, express love, be loved, find our spiritual self, look behind the veil and illusions presented to us, question everything, learn as much as we can. Not live our lives by some rules written down by power hungry and controlling men. Christianity was set out to DECEIVE the masses into believing something and occupying their minds to separate themselves from everybody else. It makes no sense why people still to this day blindy follow a MOCK RELIGION.

For someone who claims to be clairvoyant, you are extremely ignorant(and intolerant) of other people's spirituality.
edit on 112828p://222 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

A lack of emotion is a flaw. Not just in the subjective sense in that humans value emotion but in the objective sense that one cannot be perfect if they are lacking any property, including emotion.

Therefore if God is perfect, he would care that you do not believe in him, and he would be sad/angry/frustrated over this, but he would also have the wisdom to understand why you do not believe in him and the compassion to forgive you for your lack of belief.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join