It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the World is Up with the Old and Weathered Looking Celebrities at the Oscars, 2013?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Bored, I turned on the TV and saw the 'Red Carpet/Oscars' pre-show.

I wasn't especially interested in it, as it plays in the background while I play with the computer and internet. Once every several minutes I hear the sound of a celebrity I recognize. When I turn to look at them the first time, I noticed the particular celebrity appeared much older than I remember.

Now, I know people age and the magic of Hollywood can really work wonders on the aging actors, but this is beyond anything I have seen before.

Just a few days ago, I mentioned how Catherine Zeta-Jones looked like she is still 24 and when she stands next to her husband, Michael Douglas, it appears as if she has been sucking the life-force completely out of him.

Earlier, when they showed her, she looked very aged, compared to her other recent appearances. I will sign off on her looks getting a big helping hand from the world's greatest make-up artists, but could this account for all of them?

If you have been watching this thing, you can see that every celebrity in view appears to be aged well beyond their age, even more so when considering the accessibility and their will to use plastic surgeons.

After noticing the first excessively aged actor, I had a look at the others, as they progressed through the crowd and TV interview stations. Every single actor look aged well beyond what other people their age should look. Maybe the lighting or, as mentioned, the lack of post production photoshop tactics.

This was not confined solely to the older generation of actors, even the relatively young actors looked excissively worn. Reese Witherspoon is one example, she looked lie an entirely different person.

Another example can be seen in Renee Zellweger... I didn't recognize her and doubt that I would have, if not for her voice. One other that stood out was Naomi Watts... and even George Clooney looked very weathered.

Granted there were some who appeared as I would expect, Jamie Foxx for example, but black folks always seem to age much better than most everyone else...

Anyway, just wanted to share the observation and see if anyone else noticed this. I don't know why they look this way to me and I think I am surprised by their looks, because I have seen them recently and they looked 15-20 years younger!

Maybed their most recent 'blood sacrifice ritual' didn't go as planned.

I appreciate any thoughts, but if you feel the need to make a snide remark about how I (or others) shouldn't pay attention or worry about these people... or that something must be wrong with me, or anyone else, who even watches this stuff, put the thought back in your pocket and move on to a different thread - otherwise, all are welcome.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Another example can be seen in Renee Zellweger... I didn't recognize her and doubt that I would have

Last time I saw her, she had too much botox and it totally changed her natural looks.
They don't realize how bad it alters their face......

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm very, very behind on celebrities. Haven't watched the tele in eight years, but noticed that the standards for hollywood stars seems to be very low these days. They look like drugged up crack whores. Not kidding.

As for people rapidly aging recently. I'm not sure any one thing can be attributed to this, but would think GMOs may be part of the problem.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Maybe they have to keep dragging these old ones out because there aren't really any young ones with the same type of "star" power.

Granted, I haven't owned a TV in 14 years, so it is probably expected that when I go through the line at the
grocery store and am surrounded by glitzy magazines devoted to celebrity that I am left muttering who the
heck are these people. Their names and faces mean nothing to me.
So, the old ones have recognizable names but, barely so their faces and the new up and comers are such
flash in a pans nobody has time to know who the heck they are with few exceptions.

Who is the biggest star in Hollywood these days? Somebody from a few decades back?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Who watches the Oscars? Watching a stream of the Walking Dead.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Well, I'm watching the Oscars and liking them. You guys missed James T. Kirk making an appearance. Some of the older people are looking older, and maybe some you mention aren't coloring their hair (everyone you see over, say, 50, with very dark hair, color it) (and right now current Star Trek people are on, talking about science and tech).

Young stars? Anne Hathaway shines through. What an amazing actor and person. Still skinny from her role in Les (they all just sang).

And Quentin Tarintino isn't looking old, just crazier! Go Quentin!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If I had to venture a few guesses...
1) When you see them in the movies, they are extremely 'made-up', lots of base, etc... Additionally, the film itself is doctored, airbrushed, etc... You're not going to see that so much on a “live” award show.
2) Lighting. Lighting can make a HUGE difference in how old a person looks. Whether the light is even, filtered, hitting from above or below, etc.
3) Are you watching this on HD, and not used to seeing these actors in HD?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Oh look, Christopher Plummer is on and he looks much older than he did in "Sound of Music"? How did that happen (and I agree about the make up, HD, etc.).

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Oh yes,...its the HD.

Years ago, you would have been droppe-jawed shocked had you seen them in 1080i.

Now they know they need a few extra layers of war paint to be pretty or hansome.

Now,...me on the other hand,..... I am hot on HD.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

They are human beings, they age and they die, amazing!

Deary me

When you allow anyone to be put on a pedestal before you, it is only natural to give them godlike attributes, it is in any human beings nature to do so. The media plays on this among other things

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yay, Anne Hathaway just won best supporting actress!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
TOO MUCH PARTYING OVER THE YEARS

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Renee Zellweger lookin' rough...almost passed out on stage, couldn't even talk.

Who's the fraud now Renee ?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Anyone else think it's a fine coincidence that Michelle Obama presented the award for "Argo", a film that dramatizes the events from the Iran hostage crisis in 1979,..... you know.... a film that sort of villanizes our current "enemy"? Just keeping it conspiracy-related on ATS.
I for one would like the Government to stay out of my entertainment. I know that the Government and Hollywood have an obvious connection, but do they have to throw it in my face? They don't even try anymore.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Interesting thread and "accusations". Please post some pics if possible, so we can all have an opinion..?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The Ocsars, just like all other celeb awards are a con. They are just to give the illusion to the public that the films and their stars are important, special and leagues above the rest of us. They are not.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

Except for the fact that I know some of those people personally and it's not fake. At least to them its not. A lot of fake pleasantries yes. Behind closed doors its "that blankety blank does not deserve it over me, I'll throw something if I lose"

But keep living in that bunker and call me a liar. Please. I know it's coming.
edit on 25-2-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I do not watch the Oscars. Those poor deluded people mean nothing to me. I am glad to hear they age like the rest of us though. Millions of dollars is not enough for them, they still need the gold statue and the free gift bags.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Okay because you dont watch celebrities much when you do go back to seeing them in the media you notice they have aged. Really that simple. If you watched them more you would notice how they change bit by bit and not be so shocked by it.

But if you look at the older hollywood stars judy garland, greta garbo and so forth they all aged. Even with the help of surgeons it cant really help age.

Does this help you? What a star struck stupid thread.

What does this have to do with conspiracy ... really mods do something this is like replying to a 6yr old. Why do people age? duh duh duh! Come on... and besides this, its GOOD to age. Unlike all the propoganda nonsense we are thrown, we are supposed to age. What matters is whats inside, if your outside looks great big frickin deal, life is what you experience.
edit on 25-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I thought the same thing not that I care too much for Hollywood or the Oscars it is usually good for a laugh and that it is hard to fake reality on supposed "Live" broadcast. But remember some of them are OLD! 50-60's most in their 20's and 30's looked fine!

But any of them over their mid-Thirties looked exactly like some of my more partying friends do. Worn-out...

Renee Zellweger heavily botoxed , and Kristen Stewart just looked Stoned.

Barbra Streisand and her creepy jewelry are sure to show up in a thread, same with Obama Mama Michelle in her Illuminati dress lol

But most looked their real age which for a lot is over 35. That or maybe they did it on purpose...HEHE make people believe they are real and age just like you and me.
edit on 25-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join