It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the World is Up with the Old and Weathered Looking Celebrities at the Oscars, 2013?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
double post
edit on 25-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Sorry, But I'm unable to relate because...

As I look around now I don't know what to think..The perseverance that may have brought you wealth and great satisfaction back in the day applied today....

May if your lucky reward you with a half a chance in this world,that is if your willing to make many personal sacrifices and realize the...

So called dream has been traded in....

...Traded in for a chance to live in this current Bizarro world..

A world where nothing appears to be as it should be??The freedoms we once took for granted are all on the chopping block...

So while I appreciate the post and observation.....

I can't relate to these people any more than a swollen head alien flying the the skies in a living ship would be able relate to us.....

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

You can probably thank HDTV for that, hehe...

It's a lot easier to see imperfections on our larger TVs, and in HD...these days.

I'm sorry though, but Catherine Zeta Jones still looked hot to me...I wouldn't kick her outta bed...

Even Jane Fonda looked good...she's like in her 70's...what the heck?

A lot of younger actresses looked like they showed up with "bed head".

They look like drugged up crack whores. Not kidding.

Ahh...you must mean Kristin Stewart from Twilight.....

edit on 25-2-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hi guys and gals!

Sorry for not being around for a bit after posting. It's one of my pet peaves and I apologize for my absence, had a router issue that shut me down for hours.

I want to add something I had thought about after noticing the weatherd faces... Later in the show, many of the people I mentioned, those who seemed weathered beyond the norm, were on-stage paticipants in the show.

Just as I was surprised to see their aged appearance at the pre-show, I was equally surprised to see their weathered and worn look had completely vanished. Maybe it is a camera or make-up trick, but I can't be certain.

Although there was enough time between their arrival and their on-stage performances to do some vanity work, their hair and clothing was the same. There didn't appear to be any color complexion change, as found after applying make-up, they just looked younger.... a lot younger.

I don't know how this was achieved, but if it is something that was physically done to erase the wrinkles and fine lines, then I want it!

Well, I think I would rather have the potion or spell that returns my insides to their youth. Youthful guts and other organs might let me make it to 250.... that wouldn't be bad, as long as I don't appear 250 years old too!

OK, I have to come back down from FantasyLand for a bit, but hopefully I can return to wishful thinking soon.

Also, I will reply to some of the comments in a bit. Regardless what you had to say in the comments, I do appreciate your attention and interaction on this thread! I give you all
for that...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ahem.....but have YOU looked in the mirror lately?
Wes getting old.....

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by sayzaar

Except for the fact that I know some of those people personally and it's not fake. At least to them its not. A lot of fake pleasantries yes. Behind closed doors its "that blankety blank does not deserve it over me, I'll throw something if I lose"

But keep living in that bunker and call me a liar. Please. I know it's coming.
edit on 25-2-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

To be blunt who cares, you happen to have your opinion, I happen to agree with sayzaar, a lot of celebs think they are better then the rest of us, a lot of people don't care for their snotty attitude and like me, won't watch the Oscars.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Personally, I don't think I have seen her for more than 20 seconds since 'Me, Myself, and Irene' or when she married Kenny Chesney (I live in suburban Knox Co.). Maybe it seemed extreme because of that, but I don't know, I was surprised to notice how age has slapped her...

I don't get this botox stuff. It's not like they don't have enough cash to live out their lives comfortably, they don't need to alter their looks for their career, it must be severe vanity and narcissism...

reply to post by nomnom

I am with you, I am not really 'up' on the celebrities either, but have seen enough to know I didn't have the impression they had aged significantly...

Also, it seems Obama is not immune either. He appears to have aged 923 years in the past 9 months!

It makes perfect sense that he would seem to have aged like the Hollywood celebrities, since he truly thinks he is one of them - I'm sure today he is feeling in the dumps, since he did not get to win his Oscar (he really had a nomination for a campaign commercial, something to do with 'Zero Dark Thirty') - ashame, it would have looked so nice on the mantle next to the 'Oh-Well Please Prize' aka 'Nobel Peace Prize'...

reply to post by PaperbackWriter

I thought about this too. Seeing the celebrities aged made me wonder who is filling the shoes they left behind? I just can't think of many bona-fide celebs like those who are in the senior class

reply to post by Aleister

William Shatner had a very nice skit with McFarlane. Their scene was brilliant, IMO.

The aging I noticed the most was around their eyes/mouths, generally their skin... but I did notice something to do with 'hair' or something like hair...

John Travolta, sheesh, someone should have told him exactly how terrible his whig looked, before turning him loose on over 1 billion people in the audience. I could not stop looking at that ridiculous hairline the entire time he was talking!

reply to post by defcon5

Thanks for offering ideas to explain this...

Yes, I watched it in full HD on a 2D:3D 'up-converting' LG, LED 65"... I thought maybe it had something to do with it, since it was live, no chance to 'rub out' scenes or edit for maximum appeal...

Then I noticed them inside, on-stage, and it appeared as if they had walked through a youth/time machine!

reply to post by smirkley

As I mentioned above, I have full HD programming and it is on all my T.V.s, except one in the shop.

I noticed the difference between SD and HD while watching Will Smith in 'Legend'. I had no idea his face was trashed so badly!

reply to post by XXXN3O

Well there, thanks for the advice, but this has nothing to do with placing anyone on any type of pedastal or holding them to supernatural aging standards.

What it does have to do with is the appearance of people who have aged at an unreasonable rate, regardless of who they are.

reply to post by Signals

Ah haha, yeah, she was quite sickly looking. She did cause Kenny Chesney some grief around here, but it wasn't as bad as some would have you believe. The worst part was people trying to start rumours that he is/was gay... which he isn't

reply to post by 2manyquestions

Hey there! I was going to mention this. If there is anywhere to look for a conspiracy, it should be in the Argo/Obama situation.

I believe it was Rush Limbaugh who today said, "Argo tells the great lengths taken to rescue captives in 1979, but Benghazi has yet to even answer important questions or explain exactly what happened - that's to say, the truth of what happened."

Having the award presented by Obama illustrates something more than a simple award presentation.. how many times does a president or a 'First Lady' present awards to celebrities?

Shouldn't the pres and his family be awarding their attention to you & I, not gushing over the 'United States Royal Family'?

reply to post by zatara

I'll check for it, but the images can be found in the Oscar's pre-show broadcast @ the red carpet.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

Thanks for your comment, but I will have to dis-agree with you, to an extent. There is probably some consideration given to the power control over the masses that the film industry boasts, but I do not believe it is a con or that celebrities are 'in' on the fraud.

I'm not claiming none of them are aware, but I think the vast majority are not. They take their craft extremely serious, as they must to be successful among the incredibly deep talent pool of the entertainment industry.

reply to post by bknapple32

You are 100% correct.

I have been fortunate (if you can call it that) to have grown up with several people who were and still are relevant in the entertainment world. (Johnny Knoxville attended high school with my brother and were decent friends. Most of them went their separate ways after an incident where a guy they knew, Jeff Underwood, lost his $%@^ at a house party and killed someone... He also attended ETSU with Kenny Chesney...

I went to school with a guy named Scott Galyon. He went on to be a star football player at the University of Tennessee and subsequently a Professional Athlete with the New York Giants and eventually the Miami Dolphins.

Then there is the Tarantino connection to Knoxville. I wish I could say I know him, but we are only aquaintances - the kind of aquaintance where I remember him, but he probably has no clue who I am anymore)

Their are other accomplished celebrities who claim Knoxville as home, such as David Keith, and a few miles away is Dolly Parton.

I mention these people, not to brag in a twisted way, but because I learned some things about celebrity, fame, and the difference between common people and famous celebs.

The most glaring mis-conception I discovered is the perception the everyday person has of the celebrity life. They seem to believe there is some kind of magic gate that, once you pass through, opens up to a entertainment Utopia. A place where every celebrity knows every other celebrity, where life is on Easy Street, money rolls it with little effort and a place where every desire is fulfilled by petty underlings.

That place does not exist. There is no magic initiation into this fantasy land.

It is simply perception. These celebs are real people and wouldn't believe the conspiracy theory about the entertainment undustry working with the government to brain-screw every last unsuspecting citizen of the private sector.

I wish I could better articulate what I am trying to share with you....

reply to post by FreedomEntered

Thanks for the post!

I do not keep up with celebrities and their lives or what their plans are. That doesn't mean I am oblivious to seeing them in movies and recognizing their recent appearances.

reply to post by abeverage

That's just it, I did not recognize them as having the appearance realtive their age. They looked much older and have seemed to age dramitically over a very short period of time (9months - 1year)

When I noticed some of them on-stage, later into the show (as mentioned above), the onese I saw who looked the most aged on the 'Red Carpet, now had the appearance of someone 20-30 years tounger!

An example of that would again be, Catherine Zeta-Jones... that expected though, since it is obvious that she's a royal queen from 'Zeta' - Reticuli!

reply to post by Gazrok

Normally I would agree with the members here, kind of like the 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' audience lifeline, but I am unable to. I can't agree with the HD format beinf responsible for what I noticed. This is because I have HD service and TV, and I have had it for years.

Like I mentioned earlier, when I first noticed the HD difference in appearance was while watching the movie 'Legend' or 'I am Legenda'... I could hardly believe what Will Smith really looks like up close, with superb clarity and definition.

What I've seen of the actors at the Oscars is not - at least not entirely, attributed to HD programming.

reply to post by MidnightTide

You are right about their 'Holier than Thou' personalities. You can blame them for it, I do, because it's their choice. However, I think it would be much easier to develop this attitude when you are a famous celebrity. Everyday having multitudes of people sucking up to you, talking about you, begging for autographs, and recieving huge pay days that dwarf the salary of even the most well paid professionals.

After being treated like this, they may not have a real grip on reality. They may think they are entitled to this sort of treatment, and they are supposed to treat others as poorly as they do.
edit on 25-2-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Every morning, afternoon, and night... Maybe it is becuase I see it every day, making it hard to notice the aging of my skin, but I have not aged much in the past 10 years. I am now 33.9334 years old.

Actually, I know we are aging as I type, but I can not claim to know anyone who has aged as drastically as many of the celebs I am referencing.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I don't care if you think obama is a saint, the devil, a con-artist, or a clever man trying the best he can... dealing with the US as is right now, and being center stage for the words events... will age the hell out of anyone. I sure as hell wouldn't want that role.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

This sort or rapid aging seems to be attatched to the Office of the POTUS. These guys go into office wit a little fire and hop in their step, they come out looking like they have spent 70 years alone in an ice cave at Antarctica.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Just as I was surprised to see their aged appearance at the pre-show, I was equally surprised to see their weathered and worn look had completely vanished. Maybe it is a camera or make-up trick, but I can't be certain.

There is your solution...

On the red carpet = OUTSIDE light
Inside the venue = PROFESSIONAL lighting

Any photographer or cameraman will always tell you the light makes or breaks the shoot.... Outside, on the red carpet, they had almost no control over the lighting...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That does make sense and something I did consider. Then I thought about past awards shows and I don't remember every noticing such a drastic difference from the 'Red Carpet' and the 'Stage Presence''.

Based on some comments, it may seem like the HD video explanation could fit - since I do not recall seeing the altered appearances in past shows. However, I have had HD for quite some time now and I imagine I would have noticed this before.

Then again, I am not one to pay lots of attention to the sort of shows and that may be part of the reason I haven't noticed the discrepancies prior to the most recent show.

A lot of money is riding on one of the most important items the actors need to earn those massive performance checks, their face. The idea of 'American Beauty', 'Beautiful People', or a 'Perfect 1 (ten) appearance, would demand a lot of preperation to produce an environment where the stars would be able to display themselves for photograph and film opportunities.

Without the attention to this detail, I am sure, after seeing their prominent flaws shown to a global audience, there would be tons of angry/embarrased entertainers out there.

Anyway, you are probably right. Your observation/explanation seems to be the most plausible at this point.

Maybe it is just something I've missed in the past or maybe there was a poor job of properly lighting the 'Red Carpet' and past 'Red Carptet' set designers have never made such a mistake.

Either way, I'll definitely be looking out for anything similar in the future... makes me wonder what else I've missed by not paying attention...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
could just be that the natural light that day really sucked.

Professional photographers have been known to cancel an outdoor shoot due to bad lighting...not possible on Oscar night though.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Take a look at a lot of celebs when they don't have their make-up on....some of them look like something the cat dragged in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join