It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Come Upon Surrendered Suspect Lying Down With Arms & Legs Spread, Proceed To Beat Him

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

no you were way too busy questioning his reaction to bother addressing what you thought of the beating

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by keenmachine

Actually I was too busy trying to point out what in the video I was talking about to bother addressing what I thought of the beating.

The odd thing is that this somehow translates to being on the side of the cops, for some.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

well actually after watching the video the last thing on my mind was how natural his reaction to being beaten. Had I been looking for a reason to scream fake however i may have noticed..... oh wait......nevermind

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Guess we're different then. It was the first thing that jumped out at me.

I only commented on it after reading Hiwatt's post because he noticed something similar.

The thing is that what I pointed out was actually what happened in the video. It was a valid observation.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Guess we're different then. It was the first thing that jumped out at me.

I only commented on it after reading Hiwatt's post because he noticed something similar.

The thing is that what I pointed out was actually what happened in the video. It was a valid observation.

isn't that kinda like watching someone get shot at close range and the first thing jumping out at you is he fell funny? its pretty much an uncalled for beat down IMO, with that out of the way and all unnatural reactions to said beat down aside, what do you think of the cops reaction to the suspect surrendering? just curious.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

"He fell funny" implies that the person watching finds it entertaining while, me watching this guy get beaten and thinking "why is this guy just lying there" doesn't.

I have read that they reported that their lives were threatened. The victim had tossed a weapon and told them that he was 19, had no criminal record, that the gun was a toy and that he was surrendering.

Unfortunately I am going to have to agree with RoScoLaz and say that its no longer shocking or surprising.

edit on 24-2-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Watching these videos, especially the Belgium video, the cops always remind me of a pack of Hyenas..I honestly believe that if humans came equipped with large claws and huge canines every one of these incidents would be a blood bath.

Btw..to the second poster claiming fake because the guy slipped as he was kicking the prone suspect...Question for you...Do you not see the snow covering the ground everywhere? The cop kicked the guy with so much force that he slipped in the snow.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Horrible, hopefully the other 3 get court dates and fines at least. Police or anyone like this needs to be exterminated.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

sad state of affairs but not surprising anymore

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
These cops are toast. They won't have a leg to stand on in court. They got busted by a third party security camera in a parking lot LOL. While the suspect is down and sprawled out clearing giving up, Instead of putting him in handcuffs straight away the first cop decided to kick him in the face twice. Then all his buddies jump in on the action and beat him up some more. That criminal justice attorney is going to fry all you into bacon.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Allowing the use of anger as the motivator for our police is
finally coming full circle, this will be a very trying time for those
who were sold the "if you do nothing wrong, you have nothing
to fear bit", you see its all in the eyes of the beholder, and
the police in good ole CA, USA, proved that one by shooting
innocent people they thought might possibly be a suspect......

Many folks seem to be so apathetic about it because they
think it wont happen to them, a law abiding citizen, when
in all reality they are only one mistaken identity away from
being beaten, tazed or shot, if the police don't have to honor
any ones rights and are allowed to make anger based
decisions it will always always lead to major irreparable
mistakes that a simple apology will NOT fix.

It is just amazing to me that people will march down this path
when its very very clear where it leads, it does not lead to safety
for anyone, it leads to us being both afraid of the criminals and
the police who are suppose to protect us......
edit on 25-2-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This is probably not going to be a popular opinion.

I think there is more here than meets the eye. I've looked at this video at least 2 dozen times now. The best version is provided with the Global News story.

The video on that page shows the video segment that is missing from the OP's first version. Back of the envelope measurements indicate that there are about 24 seconds of missing footage in the OP video.

This edited-out video shows a person with a street-smart swagger and actions that are indicative of someone that wants to shoot it out with the cops. He turns his back to his pursuers and removes something from his pants or from beneath his sweatshirt. When he faces them again, his behavior appears to be taunting. When he goes to one knee, he continues to hold his weapon for several seconds before he discards it. Then he leisurely gets into a spread-arm prone position on the ground. At that point the police may have overreacted, but I'm not convinced of that.

Later in the video, I believe the alleged perpetrator is trying to crawl in the direction of where he threw the gun. Most of the kicking, punching, and stomping happened while he was trying to crawl away. It looks like one of the officers kicked him in the groin twice. The second kick appeared to halt the melee.

In one of the other videos, the interview with the attorney made me want to take a shower. That's an ambulance chaser for sure. I'd be very interested to see more information about this guy. Something tells me this sleeze is probably a well known "personal injury" lawyer.

The alleged perpetrator is alleged to have Dilaudid, otherwise known as Hydromorphone, in his possession. According to wiki, It is thought to be 6–8 times stronger than morphine. Assuming that the pharmacy told the police that was what was stolen, I can see how the cops would be extra vigilant. Because the possession information appears to be based solely on the word of the police, I would say that evidence takes a backseat to the video evidence.

Finally, the police car on the far left of the screen appears to be positioned so that its dash cam could potentially record the incident from that angle; presumably as well as the surveillance camera located in the school. However, I don't know if Canadian Police cars are equipped with such devices, or whether it was activated if they are so equipped.

Now, just to be clear, I'm no cop lover. However, when I see a video with obviously missing pieces, I begin to question the validity of any conclusions that can be drawn from such evidence. So, I waste an inordinate amount of time trying to be like Paul Harvey to find out "The rest of the story."

It's also a little disturbing to see these cops tried and convicted in the media before all of the evidence is reviewed. There are probably a few people here that can see the same thing in the media when any question of anthropogenic global warming arises. The entire scientific argument is rebutted, and dismissed, in one 24 hour news cycle, and then the news-industrial-complex moves on to the next mass murder, or American Idol winner, whichever draws more viewers. But, I digress...

Just my two cents,

Dex

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It looked like he was taking aim at the cops; on his knees to steadying the gun for good aim. Then decides to obey when ordered to the ground; by the cop coming out of the car. He does lay down spread eagle; but he didn't toss the gun...it's right at his left hand. I am sure the first kick was a distracting kick so he couldn't grab it if he changed his mind...he'd be distracted by the kick, he then covers the suspect to immobilize him as his partner slides in and kicks the gun still right beside the suspects hand.

Could they have just cuffed him at that point? Yes. Could he have shot cops in the face when he was on his knees taking aim? Yes.

He was on the edge of shooting it out...a man in Detroit last year didn't even have a gun and was shot multiple times by a few officers in a parking lot.

The man is in this video should be happy he got off so lucky...by still being able too breathe. At some point there is a line crossed between civility by obeying the laws in society and animal in society breaking it down, whatever mental state the suspect was in was not one of acting civil; so I can understand giving someone acting human but being an animal...animal style justice; to remind them there's a pecking order and he's not king of society running around behaving willy nilly.

If someone wants to act like an animal go live in the woods, if you want to act like an animal in society you get put in the zoo. Speaking of zoo; the second video is a bit misleading too...was he actually dead? Who was the guy with grey hair? Either he was sedating him or choking him out. Hard to say...either way the guy had issues; feces on the wall and in a very poor mental state. A jail or prison is not for the mentally ill; they should be in a locked down mental health facility receiving treatment.

A prison psychologist that only shows up when there's trouble and a bunch of police are not mental care providers...society is to blame for that persons fate.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Despite the "fake" kick to the groin (whilst pinned) at 1:18, I also particularly note the "fake" way they park their squad cars afar and pointed away from where they know they are fixing to deliver a beating. So the "fake" dash cams won't record it, you know.

They did it because he ran and then surrendered.

That'll teach 'em.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DexterRiley
This is probably not going to be a popular opinion.

I think there is more here than meets the eye. I've looked at this video at least 2 dozen times now. The best version is provided with the Global News story.

In one of the other videos, the interview with the attorney made me want to take a shower. That's an ambulance chaser for sure. I'd be very interested to see more information about this guy. Something tells me this sleeze is probably a well known "personal injury" lawyer.

Actually in Canada it is really hard to make money from a personal injury claim. That is why you will find that in Canada we don't tend to sue as much. A person would have to really prove that they are substantially injured. The Gov't has caps on the amount of money that you can be awarded for injuries, so you don't generally hear about many people getting a lot of money from injury claims. To get any considerable amount you have to pretty much be paralyzed, lose a limb, be in a coma or have some other considerable damage. What the Canadian Gov't considers a "soft tissue injury" I believe is capped at somewhere between 2 and 5 thousand dollars. Hardly even worth taking to court. I would probably say the best this guy that got beat by the cops can hope for is , that the cops get fired. He on the other hand will still go to jail. The only time anyone makes good money is if they are wrongly convicted and spend a good part of their life in prison. Even then it usually isn't enough to make up for that lost time. We're Canadian , what can I say?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
For all the cop apologists that say that the majority of cops are good.....

It doesn't really seem that the majority of this group were good.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Violence begats violence.

America is a violent sociey built upon the foundations of war and the worship of the firearm. Acts like this are par for the course for a people whose predisposition is closer to animal instinct than human civility, I'm afraid.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CristobalColonic
Violence begats violence.

America is a violent sociey built upon the foundations of war and the worship of the firearm. Acts like this are par for the course for a people whose predisposition is closer to animal instinct than human civility, I'm afraid.
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen in America.
I believe it's in Canada.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Rob a pharmacy and have an effect on a few people and Big Pharma and you get the crap beat out of you and thrown in prison for years.

Rob from everyone through exotic instruments and bankrupt half the nation and you get bailed out plus bonuses.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Well that's just the way of the world:
Rich stealing form the poor is just business.
Poor stealing from the rich is a felony.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join