It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Come Upon Surrendered Suspect Lying Down With Arms & Legs Spread, Proceed To Beat Him

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen in America. I believe it's in Canada.

Good call.
It is in the second line of the OP.

This time in Trois Rivières , Quebec, Canada, a man suspected of robbing a pharmacy was flees from the police on foot then he decides to give up and lays down in a surrendered position.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It could've easily been avoided if the criminal didn't commit the crime in the first place. Maybe he will learn his lesson now...maybe...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

I suppose you are from a country with no war in it's past?

Probably one that would be speaking German or Russian if not for the "Evil Americans".

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Four police officers from Trois-Rivières have been suspended with pay

That's not really a punishment, if anything its a vacation. They should be suspended for a month without pay.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

That's not really a punishment, if anything its a vacation. They should be suspended for a month without pay.

You have that right.

That would be the day that hell freezes over.... when my boss would suspend me..... WITH PAY!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ozymandias121
It could've easily been avoided if the criminal didn't commit the crime in the first place. Maybe he will learn his lesson now...maybe...

So it right and just for police officers to kick and beat a person that is suspected of committing a crime? Even if they don't resist arrest?

Wow that almost sounds like a police state.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hey the police got a vacation for beating the guy up and crushing his testicles. Maybe that's why so many engage in such behavior? Extra vacation time?

What a disgrace this is.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
there would not be these kinds of things happening and leaking out if they were not common.

I leave you with this thought: why is it the HIGHWAY Of Tears exists in Canada? Because soem LEOs are brutes. some are thnking people and some are thinking people who choose to do NOTHING> "he who stand by while someone harms another is as bad as those who do the harm>" some of you BIble thumpers can give me the name of that I think it's ECClesiaities

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
For the 'this is fake' crowd: Well which is it then? Can't have it both ways.

If the subject hadn't remained perfectly still then it would be assumed he was going for a weapon. Right?

So... you see the double-standard being upheld here?

I've known a few cops in my day. Some are or were relatives. They will beat you if you make them give chase. No if, and, or but about it. Bar none, if you run you are getting manhandled.

Doesn't matter that he surrendered, he made them chase. Which makes them royally pissed. It isn't right, but that's how it is.

There is so much evidence, proof even, of police brutality, why would anyone bother to produce a fake?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

HAHA! Sweet, u were wrong!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

Actually in Canada it is really hard to make money from a personal injury claim. That is why you will find that in Canada we don't tend to sue as much. A person would have to really prove that they are substantially injured. The Gov't has caps on the amount of money that you can be awarded for injuries, so you don't generally hear about many people getting a lot of money from injury claims. To get any considerable amount you have to pretty much be paralyzed, lose a limb, be in a coma or have some other considerable damage. What the Canadian Gov't considers a "soft tissue injury" I believe is capped at somewhere between 2 and 5 thousand dollars. Hardly even worth taking to court. I would probably say the best this guy that got beat by the cops can hope for is , that the cops get fired. He on the other hand will still go to jail. The only time anyone makes good money is if they are wrongly convicted and spend a good part of their life in prison. Even then it usually isn't enough to make up for that lost time. We're Canadian , what can I say?

Well, I learn something new everyday. I guess that's another one of those areas where Canada leads the US in common sense. I have some in-laws that view personal injury lawsuits as bonus income.

Case in point: Once upon a time one of my in-laws stopped at a service station for fuel. One of the employees opened the hood of the vehicle to check my in-law's oil level. Since the car was full of ladies who didn't appear to have the requisite knowledge, and were dressed nicely because they were on their way to visit friends in the hospital, he performed this service for free. However, the hood didn't close completely. As they were driving up the highway, the hood disengaged and made a loud noise and scared the crap out of them. The driver was able to pull to the side of the road and they closed the hood and continued on their way. Of the 4 passengers in the vehicle, only one, my in-law, decided to sue the service station. Of course the service station owner settled out of court to the tune of $10K, because that was cheaper than trying to fight the suit. My in-law only got a fraction of the settlement, the shyster got the majority of the payment. The service station went out of business not long after that incident.

There has been talk of Tort Reform in the US for a long time, but so far talk is as far as it has gone.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
It looked like he was taking aim at the cops; on his knees to steadying the gun for good aim. Then decides to obey when ordered to the ground; by the cop coming out of the car. He does lay down spread eagle; but he didn't toss the gun...it's right at his left hand. I am sure the first kick was a distracting kick so he couldn't grab it if he changed his mind...he'd be distracted by the kick, he then covers the suspect to immobilize him as his partner slides in and kicks the gun still right beside the suspects hand.

Could they have just cuffed him at that point? Yes. Could he have shot cops in the face when he was on his knees taking aim? Yes.

He was on the edge of shooting it out...a man in Detroit last year didn't even have a gun and was shot multiple times by a few officers in a parking lot.

That actually crossed my mind as well. I actually have to commend the Canadian police for not taking the guy out when he had the "weapon" in his hand. There are some places in the US where they would have to use DNA to identify the guy after the forensics team finished finding all of the bullet-ridden pieces of his corpse.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlackOps
For the 'this is fake' crowd: Well which is it then? Can't have it both ways.

If the subject hadn't remained perfectly still then it would be assumed he was going for a weapon. Right?

So... you see the double-standard being upheld here?

I've known a few cops in my day. Some are or were relatives. They will beat you if you make them give chase. No if, and, or but about it. Bar none, if you run you are getting manhandled.

Doesn't matter that he surrendered, he made them chase. Which makes them royally pissed. It isn't right, but that's how it is.

There is so much evidence, proof even, of police brutality, why would anyone bother to produce a fake?

Unfortunatly you're right, there is no need to produce fakes, as there is so much police brutality that there is no need. You're also right saying if you make little piggy run, little piggy is going to be angry. and as the vast majority of little piggies are so out of control of their actions and hold the public with such contempt, they will beat you until you are dead, as they see it as a right. Just another way of saying that these people have no morals, no control and are barely human.

Any police officer who is guilty of a crime, should automatically get maximum sentance for that crime. But they protect themselves so they can keep their violent ways. And they wonder why people hate them

edit on 25/2/2013 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
As I have stated so many times, those in law making and law enforcement who violate the law, should face ten fold the penalty the "regular" person should face! These officers who assaulted the man should face no less than thirty years prison time and lose every asset they own, including property and the like. If these principles would be in place before hiring or appointment, no criminal elements would ever reach a position of power.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
They are probably pissed cause they suffered financial cuts. When they catch someone they REALLY let them HAVE IT!

I mean if you can't beat up your local congressman or senator, then take it out on the next lawbreaker. They broke the law and they deserve a good ole fashioned ass kicking. Right?

When are we going to kick some senetor ass is what I want to know. Duke Nukem says COME GET SOME!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The back and forth between Dasakik and Flapdoodle was completely unbearable at the beginning of this thread. Seriously, stop rambling in circles & stop feeding the trolls.

The lady police officer needs to be charged for sexual assault at the very least.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
And these are the guys that we are supposed to trust with our lives instead of owning a gun and protecting ourselves. Anyone in power can be corrupted. If we allow the gun ban and gun confiscation, the only "law enforcement" that will be left is guys like the cops in the video posted by the op.

Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

You have that right.

That would be the day that hell freezes over.... when my boss would suspend me..... WITH PAY!!!

Yeah it makes no sense at all! What kind of punishment gives paid abscense?

They should have gotten suspended without pay for 2-3 weeks and fined as well.

But then we see a nycpd precinct captain spraying mace on occupy protestors and getting the same treatment. WTF? Seriously!!

edit on 25/2/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: add video

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wow so some places are netting up people; so they can't change their mind from a situation, or choose safety by walking away from a situation, and then getting sprayed down once caught in this net thing?

That's unacceptable.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
Wow so some places are netting up people; so they can't change their mind from a situation, or choose safety by walking away from a situation, and then getting sprayed down once caught in this net thing?

That's unacceptable.

And the one doing the spraying is not any random cop, it is a captain of the nypd.

Next thing we might see is bloomberg himself spraying people. He is the mayor of the big apple.

I guess it's ok to pepper spray "lazy bums" though as fox news says.

Thanks for the reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join