It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Discuss How Women Got Duped Into Shaving.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by cody599
Long story short from a male perspective ?

You want sex ?

Shave your armpits

Simples

Cody

See i find this hard to be true.

Ive known guys to sleep with the rankest of girls, Im not sure a woman with a little hair under her arms would be a deal breaker for the majority of guys and if it was, they need to get a grip

No offence meant
But if you're young
You need to meet real men with true values and real women with real self respect.
I know that sounds offensive and insensitive but it comes from the heart

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Isn't shaved armpits...and to a lesser extent shave legs....pretty much a US thing?
I could be wrong and it's North America....not just the US.

But, I was of the impression unshaved was much more common in the EU.

Personally, I don't mind the pits with hair.
But, shaved legs are a must....I don't like the look at all. Even if it is a pain in the butt to maintain.

I always thought that the non shaved legs/armpits was more of a France/Germany/Italy thing, but then again I could be way off there as well, I will say i've never met anyone from Ireland or England that didn't shave those two areas as well, but again.. that's only personal experience.

I know in Japan it's really a fad to be as smooth as possible..

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

You want sex ?

Shave your armpits

Simples

Cody

See i find this hard to be true.

Ive known guys to sleep with the rankest of girls, Im not sure a woman with a little hair under her arms would be a deal breaker for the majority of guys and if it was, they need to get a grip

No offence meant
But if you're young
You need to meet real men with true values and real women with real self respect.
I know that sounds offensive and insensitive but it comes from the heart

Yeah that does actually sound quite offensive. I respect myself, enough to accept myself for how i am naturally. I couldnt care less if a guy didnt want to sleep with me because i currently have a little bit of winter warmer under my pits, I'd rather read a book anyhow XD

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

Since when has decent grooming and being tough and rugged been mutually exclusive?

Tough guys manscape these days, and isn't it the hippies who avoid the whole grooming thing?

Honestly, I prefer neatly trimmed to shaved. I don't like stubble.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Interesting to read the male vs the female responses to this thread.

I, for one, detest armpit hair. It's like having a Petrie dish of funk under each arm, and seeing a man parade about with long armpit hair ( which I reckon looks like dried, nasty corncob silk), all entwined around deodorant balls. EW!!! EW!!!

Seriously, who would want to snuggle into that?

I shave my pits daily. It takes 2 seconds and is a part of my morning shower. It is not a chore in any way. Luckily, my hubby shaves his pits too, not daily by any means, but when it gets to 1/2"-- it is out of there!

I am of the opinion that keeping yourself and that includes your nether regions, well groomed , is part of being in a courteous relationship.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

There is nothing more beautiful and appealing to me as a male than a hairless woman. i understand that from a nature point of view technically both men and women were never really meant to shave..however

from an evolutionary point of view i think shaving is essential...

now im sure the usual person will come along and disagree with me just for the sake of disagreeing but most men will tell you that they prefer a woman who is shaved and smoothed rather than a hairy one.

survival of the fittest, those who do a better job at attracting males have a better chance of procreating..basic laws of nature.

if you've noticed there was a study conducted that actually shows scientifically that since the 1930's women have developed more hips and curves than their "flat" iron board great grandmothers. women are actually evolving to becoming more naturally beautiful. more curves? bigger breasts? etc...something is going on here.

besides we have no more physical use of body hair anymore, all it does is collect sweat, they curl up and cause ingrown hairs, they itch, they smell etc...

if anything you could always move to france
edit on 24-2-2013 by EnoEht because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I hate stubble too, poet. I personally very much like being and feeling silky smooth all over.

I have a conspiracy suspicion about shaving, and I'd like to whistleblow about it. So, when you are in the dollar store, you'l see plastic packages of numerous cheap shavers. Blue ones for men, with the douple blade, and pink or yellow ones for gals, with the sensitive skin single blade.
Well, I bought the guys' one, because I hoped their double blade would smooth even more thouroughly. The next day, I had a bunch of black stubble coming in,.........as if they put --testosterone-- on the mens' shavers.
I --believe-- the rotten corporation is sneaking testosterone on the mens' products, and plus, it would rake in many more profits, to cause people to keep needing those shavers, much more than usual. It is not beyond businesses to do this to us.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You want sex ?

Shave your armpits

Simples

Cody

Not necessarily, skinny skinny guys will. But ya, you're right.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I may be pushing the envelope with this post, but I do not understand women's obsession with shaving.... down there. It is NOT right, ladies. I don't know if there is some connection to the theories about desensitizing people to immorality such as pedophelia, but knock it off. It is creepy and I personally don't like it. You want a smooth business district, that's fine, but leave something uptown, even if it is groomed.

(Closed already. A good indication of how uptight the US is about these subjects)

edit on 24-2-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
** Closed - pending staff review **

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join