It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Discuss How Women Got Duped Into Shaving.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

As for actually shaving, well its a cultural thing now and I frankly find that I feel much cleaner and more feminine after shaving.
reply to post by Hopechest

Would m'lady allow me to buy you a drink ?

edit on 24-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Sure we (women) do adore a clean cut guy, but when you think about it...a woman more likely chooses a man (if she were to cheat) who is 'more-manly' than the man she has, and that includes losing financial security with the wussy hairless guy in order to have a knuckledraggin' thug. We all want it, admit it.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dianashay

Sure we (women) do adore a clean cut guy, but when you think about it...a woman more likely chooses a man (if she were to cheat) who is 'more-manly' than the man she has, and that includes losing financial security with the wussy hairless guy in order to have a knuckledraggin' thug. We all want it, admit it.

That's why i not only can headbang

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I prefer the sleeker look myself. I keep it tidy from the neck down.

In a 'would you rather' situation, I would have to pick hair on my legs over pits or cootch. For the life of me I've never understood the reason why women have pit hair? What purpose would that have ever served us when we lived in caves?

Many women are not as fortunate as you seem to be in the pit department. Some would even look like they've got Buckwheat in a head-lock if they let their pits go au natural. I've seen some pretty gnarly pit displays in my day. Personally, I'm eventually going to have all mine zapped. But until then, I have no desire let my lady locks get any longer than the surface of my skin.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I think its just good hygiene. I wish men could shave every where and not look like serial killers or olympic swimmers. I ONCE shaved almost my whole body, and I didnt even really need deodorant. I didnt sweat as much. You would be surprised how much that extra fur heats up your body.

Problem was when it grew back in....bad week....

There is allot of stuff we do for fashion or to appear more civilized. Like when Russia was forced to shave its long beards by czar Peter the great. He wanted to make his country not look so backwards. He made it illegal to have a long crazy beard. He spent some time in Europe living incognito and saw how negatively Russia was seen for its traditionalism so he revised everything Russian, even the taboo tradition of long beards showing wisdom and social status as an elder.

Something else that falls into hygiene and is strange is circumcision. It is just horrible. Think about it. I will cut off part of your penis so you have all your glands exposed, nice huh?.....OMG! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU DOC!?

We do strange things to our bodies, but ultimately they serve a purpose. I personally like the lesser stink of well shaven bodies....

edit on 24-2-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

link   
Personally, I do not like hairy women. As a man, I am expected to keep up appearances, not to be too "manly". Meaning, a certain amount of personal grooming. Bath, shave, haircut, deodorant, maybe a bit of cologne, so I will be attractive/presentable to women. I expect the same courtesy.

link   

Originally posted by cody599
Long story short from a male perspective ?

You want sex ?

Shave your armpits

Simples

Cody

See i find this hard to be true.

Ive known guys to sleep with the rankest of girls, Im not sure a woman with a little hair under her arms would be a deal breaker for the majority of guys and if it was, they need to get a grip

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dianashay

Haha,

To each their own. Now Tom Selleck during his prime would have been acceptable but you can keep the rest of the knuckledraggers. I'll stick to the clean-cut men in uniform.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I don't know what the problem is, men have to shave their faces which is no fun for some.

Sure, we could all grow beards, but then there are women who complain about that too.

Be thankful you don't have a "femstache" (or do you?)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Isn't shaved armpits...and to a lesser extent shave legs....pretty much a US thing?
I could be wrong and it's North America....not just the US.

But, I was of the impression unshaved was much more common in the EU.

Personally, I don't mind the pits with hair.
But, shaved legs are a must....I don't like the look at all. Even if it is a pain in the butt to maintain.

Im from the UK, i would suggest that the majority of girls/women shave in this country

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by cody599
Long story short from a male perspective ?

You want sex ?

Shave your armpits

Simples

Cody

See i find this hard to be true.

Ive known guys to sleep with the rankest of girls, Im not sure a woman with a little hair under her arms would be a deal breaker for the majority of guys and if it was, they need to get a grip

As a man, I agree that It isn't true at all. In general, A man would dive into anything that he is attracted to and would have him.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I too enjoy a clean cut man (for the necessities) butttt, for a real good time (and perhaps better, fitter, stronger genetics) deep down we want the rugged cowboy, the tough guy, a real man. In doing so we get stronger children.

As far as women shaving I guess it is cultural and so much the norm. I couldn't wait as a kid to shave my legs since in the 70's it was all about women being 'feminine', yet strong. I do believe if we don't start as early then the hair wouldn't have come in as thick as it would have though. Once ya shave, you are stuck with shaving, for life lol. I just can't go days without it, I feel dirty and out of place. If the SHTF there will be a lot of really uncomfortable women for more reasons than one.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
I think the underarms look kind of sexy in that pic, it wouldn't put me off. In a few more months, maybe not.

Hairy legs, not so much.

Thanks

But i think they've stopped growing... been 2 months..

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
I prefer the sleeker look myself. I keep it tidy from the neck down.

In a 'would you rather' situation, I would have to pick hair on my legs over pits or cootch. For the life of me I've never understood the reason why women have pit hair? What purpose would that have ever served us when we lived in caves?

Many women are not as fortunate as you seem to be in the pit department. Some would even look like they've got Buckwheat in a head-lock if they let their pits go au natural. I've seen some pretty gnarly pit displays in my day. Personally, I'm eventually going to have all mine zapped. But until then, I have no desire let my lady locks get any longer than the surface of my skin.

Haha, lucky i would agree - i thought there would be more tbh, but im only 23 going on 24, maybe that's what it is! I couldnt stand to have hairy legs! Would rather it was my pits if anything

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

My grandma does.
She used to give us a kiss when we were younger and it was like rubbing your face on a bears backside.

*shudders*

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I think its just good hygiene. I wish men could shave every where and not look like serial killers or olympic swimmers. I ONCE shaved almost my whole body, and I didnt even really need deodorant. I didnt sweat as much. You would be surprised how much that extra fur heats up your body.

Problem was when it grew back in....bad week....

Brave!! Ive heard in some parts it comes back worse!

There is allot of stuff we do for fashion or to appear more civilized. Like when Russia was forced to shave its long beards by czar Peter the great. He wanted to make his country not look so backwards. He made it illegal to have a long crazy beard. He spent some time in Europe living incognito and saw how negatively Russia was seen for its traditionalism so he revised everything Russian, even the taboo tradition of long beards showing wisdom and social status as an elder.

Did not know that!! Thank you for sharing!

Something else that falls into hygiene and is strange is circumcision. It is just horrible. Think about it. I will cut off part of your penis so you have all your glands exposed, nice huh?.....OMG! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU DOC!?
We do strange things to our bodies, but ultimately they serve a purpose. I personally like the lesser stink of well shaven bodies....

Hey, i dont smell

Seriously, i haven't noticed any difference in terms of sweat/smell.

I just think not shaving your pits should be a fashionable option... one can dream!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

One word,

Electrolysis is a permanent hair removal process and not that expensive compared to a lifetime of buying razors and creams.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sticky

Yeah, but I've also known quite a few 'feet' fellas. Also some who are repulsed by chewed fingernails, like the nubby stump kind, you know, like when half the nail bed is gone.

I would be grossed out if a guy had really chewed fingernails, the nubby kind. I could care less about their feet though. But some guys just can't get over a girl who's got some Hammer Time goin on with her feet though.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Personally, I do not like hairy women. As a man, I am expected to keep up appearances, not to be too "manly". Meaning, a certain amount of personal grooming. Bath, shave, haircut, deodorant, maybe a bit of cologne, so I will be attractive/presentable to women. I expect the same courtesy.

Yeah but a bit of hair is natural yano? That's how women are and if the world goes to hell tomorrow and you're the only male left with a couple of young female hotties, are you going to go on the hunt for some 5 bladed razors and soap!?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
I don't know what the problem is, men have to shave their faces which is no fun for some.

Sure, we could all grow beards, but then there are women who complain about that too.

Haha, i dont, but i would grow that to for extra sexyness

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join