It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the world end?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Just starting this thread to hear different theories when and if the world will ever end.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by faiz
Just starting this thread to hear different theories when and if the world will ever end.

It depends on what you mean -

do you mean when will humans exterminate themselves?
When the sun will die and destroy the planet?
When the universe will stop expanding and contract in on itself?
When all existence disappears into nothingness?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
is someone depressed?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The world will in on Jan. 1st 2000.

Most computers today arent equipped with enough information to change the 'internal clock' over from 1999 to 2000. It's predicted that most computers will revert to '1900'. This will cause chaos on the highways, as well the internet. Also, you might want to check out as many library books as you can, when the date turns to 1900, you won't have any overdue fees because you will actually 'EARN' money.

I'm really not sure when the world will end. That's like asking when there will be world peace.

But I can't wait for December 2012 to arrive. Terrence McKenna predicted something was going to happen on this date. And i'm an advocate of his theories and what he stands for. Legalize it!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That... is when the world... will end.

Someone had to do it
But in all honestly I am going to place all money on the table that the world doesn't end untill a LONG time after the current generation is dead.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
wasn't that actually the Mayans?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by faiz

As is the custom on ATS, please let us know your point and thories on the topic you have posted.

Thanks
FredT

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kisorrell
wasn't that actually the Mayans?

Yea but I believe Terrence McKenna predicted a different date on the same month.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
why would you believe that guy and not the great Mayans, who have time and time again proven so much with astrology?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   

why would you believe that guy and not the great Mayans, who have time and time again proven so much with astrology?

Because I never shook hands with the 'great Mayans'.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
wow that's some reassurance. A handshake?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   

wow that's some reassurance. A handshake?

I think you need to do more research on Terrence McKenna before trying to discredit him.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Just a reminder from the neighborhood Mod, kindly watch the one line replies.

Thanks
FredT

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
to be honest I've heard a lot of talk about 2012 as well and I'm curious what's going down

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Lets see..........when will the World end??

Hmm..........

Let's start with Humans............

We will be gone by 2090........either destroying overselves through a combination of nuclear/environmental and/or exotic bacteria/grey goo spread.........or lose our human carbon based indentity to silicon based robotic life...............

Okay now the planet...............should end in about 3 to 4 billion years from now when our Sun expands as a red giant and engulfs the Earth........

That should do it.................

new topics

top topics

join