It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bullingdon Club Member' DID Burn £50 In Front Of A Tramp, Student Alleges

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

And a homeless person sitting on the street (paid for by the taxpayers) can hold a sign up asking for money all day and/or fall asleep behind the bushes and/or pass out from drinking too much in full view of everyone else? You're giving a free pass for homeless people, but not to those who have money.

Burning some money in front of a homeless person is not the same thing as throwing malaria vaccine in a tub filled with acid. Most of us already know that homeless people spend the money mostly on alcohol. And even if they don't get any money they can still survive. That's not so with someone who has malaria and will die if there's no vaccine. $25 or $50 or $100 is not going to save a homeless person from themselves. At the end of the day, they're their own worst enemy.

Want to help a homeless person? Show them how to get a job. Show them how to clean up and find good clothes. Show them how to be presentable to an employer. Show them how to not beg. Give them a place to live where they have to do small jobs and train them to adopt good habits. If they stop cooperating and do not look for work then kick them out and find people who will.
edit on 24-2-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by destination now

Not one former policeman, not a single former bricklayer or anything remotely realistic in any of the history of the new breed of Labour politicians. Therefore, we are being forced to pick from a group of people who for all intents and purposes, might well be the sort of morally defunct bit of dross, who would show a pauper a fifty pound note then set fire to it!

That cannot be sustainable!

Tell me about it. My own MP was foisted on the party by Labours all woman shortlist rule after what you might discribe as a war criminal retired.
Several members of the Labour party resigned over this. Another career politician who hasn't had a real job in her puff.

But I would say that during my time as a voter I've had one of the best, two of the worst and one that just isn't very good.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

How can a homeless person on the street be being paid for by the tax payer. If they were they wouldn't be homeless and on the streets.

So for you, not even the homeless deserve tax payer money. You know the majority of the homeless in London are ex service men? I'm sure they never planned to be on the streets, most people don't. It can be as simple as losing your job and not being able to pay the rent. Could happen to anyone.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I stand by what I said. The problem with you is you want a separate set of rules for homeless people. I disagree. That's precisely what's creating the current situation with the homeless. Your answer offers nothing new and will not solve the problem. I'll repeat what I said in my last post:

Want to help a homeless person? Show them how to get a job. Show them how to clean up and find good clothes. Show them how to be presentable to an employer. Show them how to not beg. Give them a place to live where they have to do small jobs and train them to adopt good habits. If they stop cooperating and do not look for work then kick them out and find people who will.

Unfortunately, much of the "help" out there is misguided and not helpful. Throwing $10 and $25 and $50 and $100 at homeless people does NOTHING if they're not held accountable.
edit on 24-2-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Also, who from a working class background will be able to pay the £9000 per year tuition fees for just about any course in England and Wales. And that's without living expenses on top of that.

If you are staying away from home then I would dread to think what the final bill would be.

I wonder when the boys formulated that particular plan to keep the poor uneducated.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I live right in the centre of town, so see a lot of the "homeless" all of the drug addicts and alcoholics, they hang around here because they are waiting for their time slot to go to Boots (chemist) for their methadone. Even though they are entitled to housing benefit, they lead such chaotic lives that they cannot maintain a tenancy, therefore, they become homeless. They are still entitled to benefits, but are exempt from the normal rules for claimants who have to sign to say they are looking for work, they get their giros direct from the jobcentre, which is a 5 min walk from where I stay. They get their money weekly and immediately spend it all on drugs and alcohol.

The reason I know this is because one of my previous neighbours was an addict himself and many of them would come and doss in our close, pissing everywhere, throwing rubbish about etc...after their "friend" moved out, they broke the locks on the door so that they could still get access to the building. The police are very sympathetic, but they really can't do anything about it.

So not everyone who is homeless has just had a bad life, some of them have put themselves there deliberately and even after chance after chance (one of them had 3 different flats from the council but turned each one into a doss hole within 3 months and kept getting evicted) they just won;t change because getting drunk and wasted is their preferred way of life.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby

Also, who from a working class background will be able to pay the £9000 per year tuition fees for just about any course in England and Wales. And that's without living expenses on top of that.

If you are staying away from home then I would dread to think what the final bill would be.

I wonder when the boys formulated that particular plan to keep the poor uneducated.

Obviously it's different in Scotland but we have a student support system, yes some of it is based on loans, but you don't get nothing for nothing these days, and if the parents of the students are on benefits or an income under £22k per year they get full financial support

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I have been homeless, and I wasnt on hard drugs and heavy drink! I was just down on my luck, had no where to go, and not enough money to aquire somewhere to live, of even the most meagre sort.

Do not judge people based on thier circumstances. Things are not as simple as people find it so easy to claim.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
if what you say is true then why is everyone I know online who is disabled fighting for their very lives..

I did not say terminal people I said terminal people have been found fit to work by ATOS which is lunacy and thin the herd behavior of a govt that doesn't give a *****.

You want to be a tOry go right ahead.I'd look into the statistics for the dead due to ATOS before your next post.

we who care about our fellow humans will pray for you as we pray for them..

The things that are happening are not reforms they are limitations imposed by people who have no clue what the disabled need. Wat to know go ask the ones dealing with it.That is where I get my info.. Not some govt funded charity that overpays it's admins while getting little done.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Also I don't know why you think losing your job would mean you were homeless, we have a very generous housing benefit system in the UK that covers your rent. Depending on the area, local authorities will pay up to £290.00 per week for rent and ex-service's do in fact have many options to assist them with housing Link

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by aem56

ATOS didn't kill them though, their conditions did...it's not like someone forced them to go work down a mine. All it means is that they have to sign on for Jobseekers Allowance and look for work, which in this economic environment gives no guarantee of actually getting ajob.

And I am APOLITICAL I dislike the tories, labour and lib dems equally as you would see if you bothered to read any of my other posts

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
www.thebureauinvestigates.com...

still looking for the stats.. but this should give you a start..

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What's the difference between burning a £50 note in sight of a homeless person, and using your brand new state of the art iPhone5 in sight of a homeless person?

In both cases you're showing off that you are rich, arrogant, gullible and not very clever.

Let he who is without sin ......

edit on 24-2-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

I have been homeless, and I wasnt on hard drugs and heavy drink! I was just down on my luck, had no where to go, and not enough money to aquire somewhere to live, of even the most meagre sort.

Do not judge people based on thier circumstances. Things are not as simple as people find it so easy to claim.

You should have presented yourself as an alcoholic or drug addict, guarantee they would have housed you..

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Atos is a privatized firm that has no right nor qualifications to make these decisions. These are the type of decisions the person and the doctor need to make. Hiring a privatized firm that makes a profit on every person they deem "fit" is just using more money to kill them than would be spent if they got what they needed to live in peace. I It's privatizATION write large to thin the herd. Because those stats would not have been what they are if those refrms were not pushed through before they even allowed the public to understand their intents.. It's wrong, it's short sighted, it's inhumane and while I dig up more info to back up what I am saying, may I say I don't have the time to read every post. So knowing what or whom you are is not the point.The point is govts are using reforms to eliminmate
people. They got their ideas from our grous called ALEC> the methodolgies wer tested in the uSA when they passed two different sets of "entitlement refroms' that were really just a back handed way to make life tougher for the weakest.

Nope our REthugs taught your Tories.. and even if you were a child you'd know that what they are doing is WRONG and the human rights activists across this world know it. Just because there is a lockdown in the press on the real horrors doesn't mean it won't come out. It already has. More article to come I'd rather show you the evidence than speak to you anyway

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by aem56

Don't bother...it is a strawman argument, to say that people have died because they were taken off ESA and put on JSA, it's the same money, the only difference is that you have to go to the jobcentre and sign on as being available and looking for work every 2 weeks...you are not forced to work and lets face it, if you have a disability there are not many employers who will take you on and your money doesn't stop if you cannot find a job, only if you refuse to look for one...

So if going to the job centre every 2 weeks is going to kill you, then I imagine going to the supermarket would have the same effect and I imagine most of these people do in fact go to the shops...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by aem56

Atos is a privatized firm that has no right nor qualifications to make these decisions. These are the type of decisions the person and the doctor need to make. Hiring a privatized firm that makes a profit on every person they deem "fit" is just using more money to kill them than would be spent if they got what they needed to live in peace. I It's privatizATION write large to thin the herd. Because those stats would not have been what they are if those refrms were not pushed through before they even allowed the public to understand their intents.. It's wrong, it's short sighted, it's inhumane and while I dig up more info to back up what I am saying, may I say I don't have the time to read every post. So knowing what or whom you are is not the point.The point is govts are using reforms to eliminmate
people. They got their ideas from our grous called ALEC> the methodolgies wer tested in the uSA when they passed two different sets of "entitlement refroms' that were really just a back handed way to make life tougher for the weakest.

Nope our REthugs taught your Tories.. and even if you were a child you'd know that what they are doing is WRONG and the human rights activists across this world know it. Just because there is a lockdown in the press on the real horrors doesn't mean it won't come out. It already has. More article to come I'd rather show you the evidence than speak to you anyway

GOOD GRIEF WOULD YOU GO BACK AND READ MY OTHER POSTS ON THIS SUBJECT..YOU ARE PREACHING TO THE CONVERTED....

Sorry for shouting but please go back and read my replies to TrueBrit and enlighten yourself...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
www.scoop.it... more articles for your persual. More proof..

www.afteratos.com...

I can do his all day.. Because of the libel laws.. I can say that I think David Cameron should be tried for crimes against humanity.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by aem56
www.scoop.it... more articles for your persual. More proof..

www.afteratos.com...

I can do his all day.. Because of the libel laws.. I can say that I think David Cameron should be tried for crimes against humanity.

Oh FGS grow up...It was Gordon Brown's LABOUR government who contracted ATOS way before David Cameron got into power...and have you read my previous replies to TrueBrit yet or are you just going to remain in an ignorant fog?
edit on 24-2-2013 by destination now because: to add an n

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join