It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bullingdon Club Member' DID Burn £50 In Front Of A Tramp, Student Alleges

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

'Bullingdon Club Member' DID Burn £50 In Front Of A Tramp, Student Alleges

www.huffingtonpost.co.u k

The friend of a member of Oxford University's exclusive Bullingdon club has told a student paper that members did burn £50 in front of a beggar as part of their initiation last year, seeming to confirm a long-standing rumour.

The unnamed friend of Orme Alexander Clarke, who is alleged to have taken part in initiations, described to the Oxford student the initiation ceremony as "involving him having to burn a £50 note in front of a tramp.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This wouldn't nornally be classified as news, just a bunch of posh boys having a 'laugh', albeit really distasteful.

But if you consider that three of the most powerful men in the UK today were former members of this club...well, it speaks for its'self.

David Cameron, Gideon Osborne and Boris Johnson all all had membership of this restaurant trashing club ( this point has also been brought up in parliment, much to the opposition delight).

You can also throw in Nat Rothschild into the mix as well.

If these people also had to endure this initiation, I am pretty much disgusted by this...and it takes a lot to disgust me these days.

I've also added their wikipedia entry in the post above.

www.huffingtonpost.co.u k
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-2-2013 by Knobby because: correct formatting

ETA

I've added a couple of the more infamous images of the club, God help us!

edit on 23-2-2013 by Knobby because: To add images

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If every member of the club for the last few decades has had to do this, with 12 members replaced every 3 years, so say 120 people overall, why haven't any of the beggars punched their lights out yet?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me one bit, infact It wouldn't surprise me if it was Cameron, Osbourne and Boris who did it.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Because the three of them would have beaten up the tramp, or who ever it was they picked on. If he fought back and the police were called. Who`s word would they take? We know who. Not the poor home less `plebs`.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Who is to say they didn't?

It's told that they stump up the cash on the spot when they vandalise a restaurant, they maybe fob off a beggar with 'entertainment' money.

I do find it ironic that this story emerged on the day that the UK had its AAA credit rating reduced... with Gideon at the helm of our econony.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Fair point. I didn't think of it that way.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
that 50 pound note is suppose to be exchangable for 50 pounds in weight in sterling silver like 35 dollars is suppose to be worth 1 full ounce of gold...

the time will come when that tramp and the toff will be on the same page

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

More proof that money is the be all and end all to these people.

Get some of this ya yuppie scum bags

edit on 23-2-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Why are people so vexed that young men and women have fun. To the OP, it may have been bad taste to burn 50 quid in front of a homeless person, but other people may have beaten him up or thrown a brick through the local off licence or pub window instead of trashing a posh resturant.

Why are people so astonished because some irresponsible rich kids do these things? Why do people selectively miss out that other people do things like this?

Regards

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
isn't burning the notes a crime of some sort? i do hope so. those chinless wonders are not human. not by a long shot.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
www.chrisspivey.co.uk/?p=9273 plenty to read on that guys site about dave & borris

edit on 23/2/13 by billdadobbie because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Why are people so vexed that young men and women have fun. To the OP, it may have been bad taste to burn 50 quid in front of a homeless person, but other people may have beaten him up or thrown a brick through the local off licence or pub window instead of trashing a posh resturant.

Why are people so astonished because some irresponsible rich kids do these things? Why do people selectively miss out that other people do things like this?

Regards

Because now these rich kids are in charge of the country...

and in charge of the economy...

and the economy is up the sh!tter...

and they ( maybe) burned money in front of the poor...

and these are the most vulnereble people in society...

and you don't get it?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Are you serious? Do you think it was fun for the homeless guy?

Don't you realise that these toffs, with their callous attitude towards money and the less fortunate, are going to be in positions of authority one day?

edit on 2/23/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby

... and, your point is that our leaders must be goodie goodies without a stain or character. If they had been poorer, would that make bad behaviuor when they are young acceptable?

People mess around when they are young. When I was a student I did some fairly anti-social things and many young people do things which in hindsight, and with a more mature mind, they regret and are embarrassed by.

So what if some MPs come from privileged backgrounds and did things when they were students. I'm guessing you have led a sheltered upbringing and have never done anything reprehensible, or are you looking through a glass, darkly?

Regards

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Why are you making excuses for this behavior?

It might be young people having "fun", but the point is the attitude behind their "fun".

A normal person would not find burning £50 in front of a homeless person "fun". A normal person would find that a callous show of wealth, and complete lack of respect, and understanding of people less fortunate than themselves.

That callous attitude will stay with them when they are in positions of authority.

edit on 2/23/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I'd like to see them do that in front of me, I'd kick their teeth in. Never taught respect by their parents for people in a worse position than themselves. They could have bought the homeless guy a meal but instead they acted absolutely in contempt of a person less fortunate.
That's why the leaders of the world act as they do, they dont understand struggle street and never will.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby

Regards

and in charge of the economy...

and the economy is up the sh!tter...

and they ( maybe) burned money in front of the poor...

and these are the most vulnereble people in society...

and you don't get it?

And these people hhove no human decency, no empathy, no hearts. And they are running everything. That's why. The monsters are running the show. No wonder the world is #ed!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I am not excusing this behaviour, as I made clear.

As you know if you actually read what I said, I am merely pointing out the bleeding obvious that some people do stupid things.

Whether it's rich kids burning 50 quid in a homeless mans presence, or a poor person beating him up, it’s all crap. I am just surprised that some people seem to be surprised that rich kids do silly things!

Regards

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Regards

Because people are very sick and tired of being put down by the 1% that actually have no reason to work or to even act like humans.....

I can tell you this as fact, if someone did this act here were I live they would be shut down so fast it might even be a shock to them.

Their 50 Pound note would be extinguished and used or if not usable it would be shoved up their snotty big nose while still on fire.

Self serving Idiots!

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join