It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Live: 149: Scams Lies and Hoaxes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ok! I'm here! What did I miss!!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

They're telling people not to grasp Youtube videos for a way out

edit on 23-2-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Where are the OPPT people? I was hoping someone would come and discuss this with us.

Lack of willingness to discuss tends to show a lack of belief.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

wtf is oppt when its home

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Thanks George

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

They're telling people not to grasp Youtube videos for a way out

Hey! Thanks for that ! A pat on the back for you for the catch up!

edit on 23-2-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Strange THINGS HAPPEN TO STRANGE PEOPLE.............

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
LOL

I'm Benton City

I'm here just for tonight LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
ONE person is a lot of people, neff. One too many.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I would have called in, in fact it was my intention to, had my mic not died on me, i have no idea what's wrong with it.. ARRGH frustrating..

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Murdered? mmmmm (per drone attack)

No, I don't think so. Its called "watch out, we can get you anywhere", its keeping the bad guys off balance. Think.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Benton city signing off

PEACE

I'm out

God, of all the horrible towns to stop in to listen to the show then not to be believed...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
They are concerned about putting a "bomb belt" on their kid, for Allah. Hey, we gotta use our stuff. All in or nothin'

(from a vet also) jeeze ..I feel like I'm in a time machine ...back to the 60's and early 70's ..going under the "golden gate bridge" San Francisco, and the protesters dumping paint on our Carrier.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Just posting a "Howdy" from here in downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (which is kinda far and snaky from Dallas, so I'm not on the show tonight.)

Will have to catch it on the reruns, since the connection here in the hotel is a bit iffy.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Thats fine. But to them, when you kill civilians YOU'RE the bad guys. So you accept the tit for tat. You drone strike, they suicide. Self perpetuating cycle.

Is that sensible foreign policy, or should someone look at it and take the high ground and disengage.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

The Bombing of Dresden. Yeah, heard that read that etc...

War is war and todays strikes (compared to when I was in the Nam) are a whole lot better. We are doing things now to keep from hitting the non-fighters "more" than anytime in history. They (the enemy) are not. That "is" the truth.
edit on 23-2-2013 by RUFFREADY because: cat box

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Eureka!

The only way to prove there were "animals" on Mars is to say theres "oil up there" !

You will have proof in a matter of months,

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The thing that absolutely slayed me about this episode was someone (not sure who - only female voice) thinking that it was some big thing to say "prove to me that ITS NOT a fossil" regarding the discussion of the "fossils" on Mars. The fact that the co-hosts thought this was some big contribution is really sad, actually - especially since at least one of you immediately identified what this was (its pareidolia, thats all).

What the hosts are doing in an attempt to give the veneer of credibility to alternative explanations (instead of going with the scientific answer) is essentially engaging in the appeal to ignorance fallacy. Trying to give an alternative slant to and refuting the obvious explanation for this stuff with "how do you KNOW that X is not true" shows a complete abandoning of logic.

The burden of proof for questions like "are there fossils on mars" is on the person making the claim. As logical, non-insane people, we should approach such threads saying:

(1) What could be the common explanation for this? Answer: Pareidolia.
(2) Is there any evidence that this phenomena is not due to the common explanation? No.
(3) Is there any evidence to support an alternative explanation? No.

Running around and going "AH HA! YOU SKEPTICS! Im going to turn the tables on you by telling me to prove ITS NOT a fossil" is literally insane. I want the female host to prove to me RIGHT NOW that green unicorns are not flying out of your rear end. If you can't provide evidence that green unicorns are not flying out of your rear end, this must mean that your failure to do so is evidence of the the flying butt unicorns! RIGHT?! (WRONG - see appeal to ignorance fallacy, again!) How hard is it to see that this logic is insane? Why do the hosts keep embracing the fallacy?
edit on 23-2-2013 by thelongjourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Hey just got to listen in,and I'm gunna have to listen into the
Rebroadcast.... But at least I ll finish it now

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I've heard that some police dept. use an algorithm to figure out where and what gunna go down in certin ares from day to day!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join