It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost Civilizations of North America?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The Americas were inhabited by a tribe of people who first came by sea right after the Tower of Babel scattering -caused by the sudden introduction of many other languages ,besides the original "Babel' language. The original was preserved by the Jeredites, who multiplied into a huge civilized American nation . There were horses and mammoths used by these Jeredites in the numerous wars from 3500 BC to 598 BC (The Olmecs?) . They wiped themselves out by ~598 BC .Another tribe from the Old World came by sea & met the last Jeredite ,who told them of their long history of warfare in the Americas. The mysterious mounds in Ohio and Illinois and Georgia,may be the remnants of their towns and cities.(See Book of Mormon on Jeredites). So, what do you think. One branch of the Jeredites may have been the mysterious Olmecs in Southern Mexico.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Excellent thread you have posted Slayer.. and thank you!
..articulate, informative and troll free!
A rare treat on this site!!!

To all involved, also, your additions add flavor to this already tasteful thread.

The ancient sites which seem to be strewn across N.A. are (IMO) not strewn.
They are the equivalent to what the Hopi mitigated.

I believe mapped out integrally, these ancient sites
will leave the impression of a 'constellation'.
A personal task I have been mapping.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumAnnunaki
The ancient sites which seem to be strewn across N.A. are (IMO) not strewn.
They are the equivalent to what the Hopi mitigated.
To my experience, First Nations' sites are distributed in the same manner as our present towns and cities. They are determined by proximity to transportation, food aquisition, and defence. Now I can envision sacred sites and geography being aligned with the heavens, but for the most part, what I refer to as the Rand Maxim holds true...then and now: A nice place to camp is a nice place to camp.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So does that help explain what happened to all the copper in northern Michigan and Wiscinsion a few thousand years ago

Michigan Copper 3000 BC

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Hello JohnnyCanuck -

It's nice to meet a fellow Canadian. (Ontario)
I am of Aboriginal decent and hail from the Algonquin tribe.

My remark, made hastily, I admit, has left confusion I see.

The Hopi spent 400 years moving and building sacred sites in Arizona
that it turns out mimick the Orion constellation.
www.theorionzone.com...

It is my personal belief that the sacred sites of 'upper N.A'
will herald the same results.

I am in the process of marking a world map to provide this theory
with what I believe is irrevocable evidence.

edit on 10-3-2013 by HumAnnunaki because: spelling errors

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikell
So does that help explain what happened to all the copper in northern Michigan and Wiscinsion a few thousand years ago

Michigan Copper 3000 BC
I did not see in a scan of this piece where any isotope analysis had confirmed per-Colombian copper in Europe to be identical to Lake Superior copper. What is there supports a black-box connecting of the dots, also known as an intuitive leap. Intuitive leaps ought to fuel investigation...not the other way around.

As to the amounts supposedly mined? That's also highly questionable: www.ramtops.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Hello JohnnyCanuck -
It's nice to meet a fellow Canadian. (Ontario)
I am of Aboriginal decent and hail from the Algonquin tribe.
The Hopi spent 400 years moving and building sacred sites in Arizona
that it turns out mimick the Orion constellation. www.theorionzone.com...
It is my personal belief that the sacred sites of 'upper N.A'
will herald the same results.

I am in the process of marking a world map to provide this theory
with what I believe is irrevocable evidence.
Hey, back. I'm in Ontario as well. I can't speak to the Hopi/Orion connection except to comment that I'm surprised the 'sword' of Orion is not factored into this. I would suggest that a better source of information about sacred places would be an Anishnaabe elder. You have a few sites close to home, including the Peterborough Petroglyphs, and Serpent Mounds.
edit on 10-3-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because, eh?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Thank you Johnny -

I am familiar with The Seven Fires Prophecy, Serpent Mound and Peterborough's Petroglyphs.

I am in search of other lesser known 'ancient sacred sites'.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by siluriancryptic

The Americas were inhabited by a tribe of people who first came by sea right after the Tower of Babel scattering -caused by the sudden introduction of many other languages ,besides the original "Babel' language. The original was preserved by the Jeredites, who multiplied into a huge civilized American nation . There were horses and mammoths used by these Jeredites in the numerous wars from 3500 BC to 598 BC (The Olmecs?) . They wiped themselves out by ~598 BC .Another tribe from the Old World came by sea & met the last Jeredite ,who told them of their long history of warfare in the Americas. The mysterious mounds in Ohio and Illinois and Georgia,may be the remnants of their towns and cities.(See Book of Mormon on Jeredites). So, what do you think. One branch of the Jeredites may have been the mysterious Olmecs in Southern Mexico.

Thomas S. Ferguson, Mormon archaeologist, and author of Quest for the Gold Plates, “Letter to Mr. and Mrs. H.W. Lawrence,” dated Feb. 20, 1976

“While some people chose to make claims for the Book of Mormon through archaeological evidences, to me they are made prematurely, and without sufficient knowledge. I do not support the books written on this subject including The Messiah in Ancient America, or any other. I believe that the authors are making cases out of too little evidences and do not adequately address the problems that archaeology and the Book of Mormon present. I would feel terribly embarrassed if anyone sent a copy of any book written on the subject to the National Museum of Natural History – Smithsonian Institution, or other authority, making claims that cannot as yet be substantiated.... there are very severe problems in this field in trying to make correlations with the scriptures. Speculation, such as practiced so far by Mormon authors has not given church members credibility.”

I highly recommend reading other material OUTSIDE of the LDS church because there is SO much evidence that Joseph Smith conjured up "The Book of Mormon" it is not even funny. It is proven false in all angle's of it. DNA no Hebrew DNA in Book of Mormon lands. They found the indians primarily are of asian decent. There is all lot of evidence that the book of mormon was plagiarized from a book that Solomon Spalding wrote called "Manuscript Found" and Sidney Rigdon one of the churches founders forged it to show a kind of baptists view in the book of mormon and you will notice and infant baptism in that book and so much more because Sidney was a baptists and was kicked out of that religion by a leader of that religion.

There are wars were millions of people were slaughtered and yet NO artifacts show up in the americas. The Smithsonian Institute DOES NOT recognize the book in any way and there is a written statement to that fact.

I HIGHLY recommend going to www.mormonthink.com and reading the material on the book of mormon. Because what the LDS church is giving you is NOT substantiated by any authorities outside of the LDS church and that is a serious problem and one that should be taken quite soberly. Especially when Joseph Smith the founder was found guilty of looking through a stone in a hat to find gold before he wrote the book of mormon. And was found guilty in a court of law in Bainbridge NY and the document was found in the Judges trunk. He would dig for gold in people's back yards from a stone in a hat. There is so much intellectual danger that the LDS members do not understand because they only see it their way and the give the highway to people that try to mention to them to read materials outside the church that have legitimacy.

What is needed is to understand the GREAT leaders of the LDS church once mentioned that "we want to know if the book of mormon is true". If there is any information saying it isn't we want to study it if it has merit.

Now there is a TON of information about that book with information such as a "member" Thomas Furgeson. But yet the members need to actually find out if the book is true and don't just rely on your heart. Even Hitler mentioned to follow your feelings and heart etc.

There is so much danger in not looking at the FACTS!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I am familiar with The Seven Fires Prophecy, Serpent Mound and Peterborough's Petroglyphs.
I am in search of other lesser known 'ancient sacred sites'.
I guess the question becomes - what would you do with that information? You know it's not legal to just up and dig someplace you might find interesting, right? Aside from that, it's a disrespect to those who hold the site sacred. But I think the key to what you are wondering is written on the landscape, and you have to develop the eyes to read it. A spring, a singularity, a viewscape...things you find evocative. Then comes the recognition that you aren't the first to think so. There's your sacred site.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

@JohnnyCanuck -

I have absolutely NO intention on digging up the Elders sacred sites.
My wish is to cartograph and categorize them.

As I presented above; I have already mapped out the major sites and am now
in search of the rest to substantiate my claim.

..be well..

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I have absolutely NO intention on digging up the Elders sacred sites.
My wish is to cartograph and categorize them.
As I presented above; I have already mapped out the major sites and am now
in search of the rest to substantiate my claim.
..be well..

Aaniin, good luck with your efforts. I'd be interested in the results.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

My question is whether or not any of these cities were occupied when the Europeans came to America. I feel that if the civilization still stood, surely they would have been able to defend themselves.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NPigeon

My question is whether or not any of these cities were occupied when the Europeans came to America. I feel that if the civilization still stood, surely they would have been able to defend themselves.
Off the top of my head, Late Mississippian faded about the time the Europeans showed up around AD 1500, though the Spanish encountered some remnants among the Creek in the South-East. While their diseases wiped out a lot of that population, I don't believe that it had anything to do with the folks along the Mississippi. I figure they got tired of the grief, and walked away.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Yes, just like their mesoamerican counterparts they got tired of slaving away for "the man" , rebelled and went feral, so to speak.
This pattern was repeated many times by societies in central America.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Great Post Slayer!!

The Cahokia Mounds are well attested.
But the "ancient" canals could be attributed to later stages, as Byrd and others have pointed out.
But the Hohokam Desert Canals are indeed ancient.

Here is a link to a site detailing the ancient canal systems of the Hohokam

Hohokam Legacy : Desert Canals (WaterHistory.org)

You should be adding the Hohokam to your list of ancient cultures/Civilizations in Americas.

Add to that, getting interested in ancient canals, i did a search for KMZ/KML files for Google Earth and i hit a wonderful site. it contains lots of overlays for Google Earth for ancient earthworks/mounds through out North America and then some.

Here is the link.

Ancient Monuments Placemarks

I hope they will be useful for your research and further posts.

Cheers!!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Nice post, pal.

Excellent links!

Harte

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephilim33

Tell me, how is this Ancient Astronaut thingy relevant to the OP on the Lost civilizations of Americas???

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join