It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disarming American Vets

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I would not be happy with armed psycho vets controlling schools. Some people never learn. Look at Sandy Hook and think how much worse it could have been with a rambo psycho vet. I cannot understand how you can endorse such behaviour.

Why do you keep putting Rambo in there with psycho vet?
And why do you have to call them psycho at all?
That's actually a very crude/rude term.

Not all vets are psycho, as you so eloquently put it.
My husband is one of them from years past.
And he is as sane as me or you, just harder and more cynical/skeptical. And he can't stand for his brothers to be called 'psychos' by people who haven't a clue as to the hell they've been through.

-------------

If you're referring to Rambo the movie, the character was against the local LE that alienated and prosecuted him 'cause he was a vet. It was only after being bullied that he retaliated, but never against the general public.
He didn't like authority figures very much, especially corrupt ones, but left the populous alone.
And I bet if he was standing guard at a school, no bad guy would have a chance to harm any kids.

edit on 22-2-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

that's why I think doing such an honorable thing such as protecting children might be therapeutic and instead of being driven further down the road of despair by our psychotic government, they will be able to regain a sense of purpose and self-worth. We could kill two birds with one stone no pun intended. I would be more wary of sex offenders already in our schools than one of these guys.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply. I fair and valid point. Apart from this bit at the end...

I would be more wary of sex offenders already in our schools than one of these guys.

These guys are just as likely to be sex offenders as anyone else...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by purplemer

You mention it several times like a friggin mantra ace.Like vets are currently cornering the market.
I don't like psycho vets having guns either,but I think disarming the sane ones is dangerous to the country and illegal by Any measure including mag capacity.
edit on 23-2-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

Thankyou...........

I guess if one repeats it enough, then it must be.

It's a rather crude and disrespectful term [psycho] to call a person who served in the military that IMO.
True, purplemer didn't say 'ALL' but at the same time, neither did they say 'SOME' or 'FEW'.....just an observation.
Basically it sounded like they lumped them all together in one group.

Yes, there are some that are mentally screwed up after seeing things that can't be unseen and/or having their friends killed in action. Maybe wondering why not them, why are they the ones to live?
More sad and depressing than 'psycho'....

I'm not a vet but I will always stand up for them and give them the respect they deserve.
I feel for them via my husband and his time in the service from many years ago.........

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thank you for your reply. I fair and valid point. Apart from this bit at the end...

I would be more wary of sex offenders already in our schools than one of these guys.

WTF????
Seriously?????????
Are you for real????

You sound plum spiteful now!!!!!!

Why don't you just go ahead and say that you don't like the Military or any thing that it stands for.
You are doing nothing but taking pot shots at vets any chance you get.

Who are you to stand in judgement of these people who served their country and put them in these criminal type categories????

Despicable.......

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
A friend of mine shared this with me via email. Sorry if it has already been mentioned. Haven't read the whole thread yet.

"Congress doesn't have to pass a new law. The president doesn't even have to sign an executive order. Under existing law the Veteran's Administration can make a policy change that triggers a clause already in the Brady gun control act and strip veterans of their right to keep and bear arms."

Obama's got all his ducks lined up so it seems.
edit on 2/23/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

what makes you say that?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Telling a veteran they can't own a gun is like telling an accountant they can't handle their own money. Besides, chances are they got this way due to the same government who's now telling them they can't have guns due to their conditions.
edit on 25-2-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join