It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Nuke Fantasy Gets Boost From Gallup Poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Iran Nuke Fantasy Gets Boost From Gallup Poll

www.infowars.com

It looks like years of non-stop propaganda may soon bear fruit. According to a recent Gallup poll, a staggering 99 percent of Americans believe Iran’s nuclear program is a threat to the United States.

99 percent believe Iran’s nuclear program poses a threat “to the vital interests of the United States in the next 10 years,” the poll states. 83% said it was a “critical threat” and another 16% said it was an “important, [but] not critical” threat. Just 1% didn’t consider Iran a threat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I give up on America. You reap what you sew. Evil brown people hiding under the bed to protect Israel and we don't even know why it's so damn important to protect and fund Israel (above our own nation) to begin with. 99%? There is nowhere on this planet a free man can live and prosper without tyrants and warmongers.

The human species is a failed species. I await the same result of the dinosaurs. It's such a crying shame considering the potential.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Your source is inforwars therefore not valid.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I would be happy to provide you with a list of political science books that explain in detail the benefits to protecting Israel if you would like.

Just let me know

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I would be happy to provide you with a list of political science books that explain in detail the benefits to protecting Israel if you would like.

Just let me know

Yes, please do. I would like to understand why we, as Americans living with double-digit unemployement being kicked out of our own homes while our returning troops live on the street need our tax dollars going to Israel. Thanks.

edit -- not to mention our failing infrastructure, declining educational system and world's largest prison population based on a fictional war on "drugs" (while a war wages on our border our soldiers protect Israel). Please, explain to me why Israel needs BILLIONS of our tax payer's dollars when we here at home don't.
edit on 21-2-2013 by spqrenki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spqrenki

This article is no better, of course it's going to be biased, it was created by Israel...
Open your eyes more, the places you're getting your info from are very flawed.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

So this poll never happened because Alex Jones reported on it?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I believe the poll happened, the results are extremely wrong though. You honestly believe that 99% of people in America believe that? Give me a break...Alex Jones is a known fraud. #aintgottimeforthat

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Of course not, but I don't think Jones was the one to manipulate those numbers.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spqrenki

Originally posted by Hopechest

Just let me know

Yes, please do. I would like to understand why we, as Americans living with double-digit unemployement being kicked out of our own homes while our returning troops live on the street need our tax dollars going to Israel. Thanks.

edit -- not to mention our failing infrastructure, declining educational system and world's largest prison population based on a fictional war on "drugs" (while a war wages on our border our soldiers protect Israel). Please, explain to me why Israel needs BILLIONS of our tax payer's dollars when we here at home don't.
edit on 21-2-2013 by spqrenki because: (no reason given)

Well a simple answer would be that our country operates not only domestically but also has relations with foreign countries. You cannot completely isolate yourself from the world while you only deal with problems at home.

That's called isolationism and it doesn't work, especially in today's globalized world. The money Israel gets is something like 1/10 of 1% of our budget and that money spent in America would accomplish really nothing. Its not enough by itself to impact anything.

It does however buy us a tremendous amount of influence over Israel which is really the only nation in that part of the world that we can say that about. That is another reason we support them.

It would be unwise from a foreign policy perspective to have an entire region of the world where we don't have at least one country we can base operation out of. Heck, the cost of aid we give to Israel is probably far less than it would be to set up the CIA in a country close to the middle east and try to conduct operations at a distance.

Also there is the fact that we have made Israel dependent on us for a large part. They simply cannot function without our support which is why when Saddam was launching scuds into their country they didn't respond. They didn't respond because we told them not to and at the end of the day we call the shots over what they do and they know it.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The Bible says Israel is chosen people, so we gotta protect them.. even if they are not the original chosen people... protect them from the evil Arabs!

Also prevent Iran from getting weapons of mass destruction! they will use it to steal the "freedom" of the people and rape you daughters!!

wait it sounds like same-thing they said about Russians!

Pour more money into wars folks, that will sure profit you.

#1 sheeple in the world! no one goes this far into buying that propaganda.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Is it foreign aid to Israel you have a problem with or all foreign aid? And I agree with the declining educational system, it's getting to the point that kids don't even know the difference between sew and sow.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Our citizens and returning soldiers are sleeping on the street. We have double-digit unemployment in many parts of this nation. There is absolutely no justifiable reason why Israel or any foreign nation should be given our tax dollars before our own people. Period.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spqrenki

Our citizens and returning soldiers are sleeping on the street. We have double-digit unemployment in many parts of this nation. There is absolutely no justifiable reason why Israel or any foreign nation should be given our tax dollars before our own people. Period.

So what your saying is that we shouldn't support anything in any foreign nation with money as long as there is one single person in America struggling?

Surely you can see how unrealistic that is.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
US cuts jeopardize Iron Dome, Arrow

The US budget cut could reduce aid to Israel by $729 million, including $429 million for anti-missile programs, Washington sources say.
20 February 13 10:17, Ron Dagoni, Washington

www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000823816&fid=1725

The pending US budget sequester on March 1, 2013, is liable to reduce military aid to Israel by over $700 million in the 2013 fiscal year, pro-Israeli sources in Washington told "Globes". The cut includes a $250 million reduction in current aid, which is due to total $3.15 billion, and the possible loss of all financial aid for joint US-Israeli missile defense programs, amounting to $479 million, for a total of $729 million in reduced aid. In the best case, if the aid for anti-missile programs is only reduced, rather than eliminated, Israel will lose $300 million in aid.

(...)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'm simply saying that we take care of our own first. With double-digit unemployment, it's not about a single person. Fix the problems here at home. Deal with the unemployment and educational problems. Deal with the failing infrastructure. Then we can worry about the rest of the world. We're 16 trillion dollars in debt and we're still trying to play world police. Does that make logical sense to you?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join