It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Nuke Fantasy Gets Boost From Gallup Poll

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

Please stick to discussing the topic at hand, not each other.

Thank You.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

**Please do not reply to this PSA**

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spqrenki
reply to post by Hopechest

I'm simply saying that we take care of our own first. With double-digit unemployment, it's not about a single person. Fix the problems here at home. Deal with the unemployment and educational problems. Deal with the failing infrastructure. Then we can worry about the rest of the world. We're 16 trillion dollars in debt and we're still trying to play world police. Does that make logical sense to you?

I understand what your saying but your not being realistic.

First of all, there will always be problems at home, we are never going to reach a level of a perfect Utopia and it would threaten us even further if we decided to pull our influence out of the world which we buy for cash, in order to reach it.

Second of all, there is plenty of revenue currently being brought in to fix the majority of these issues if our lovely politicians would get off their rears and actually try and do it. Simply cutting foreign aid will not fix one single problem while they are not spending the money correctly but it would deny us critical influence in foreign nations.

So if we follow your idea then we are still left with problems at home and also we are much weaker at a foreign policy level.

Doesn't sound like a solution to me.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Who said that being an isolationist was a bad thing... at least for a short time until we get our own act together? The Brits set up Israel, let the Brits babysit them for a bit.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I question the reliability of the Poll.

The poll was conducted February 7-10 among 1,015 respondents aged 18 and older. It has a margin of error of 4%.

From Israel Times source

Israel Times

That is quite an inference and is insufficient a sample to claim that 99% of 300+ Million americans share the same sentiment on Iran.

edit on 21-2-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spqrenki

This isn't a true poll.
Infowars isn't a real source.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

the sky is green
the grass is blue
war is peace
peace is war

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Who said that being an isolationist was a bad thing... at least for a short time until we get our own act together? The Brits set up Israel, let the Brits babysit them for a bit.

Well being an isolationist has led us into two world wars to begin with.

As for the current day we need to look at what's going on in the world. China and to a lesser extent Russia are both increasing their global reach so if we decrease ours that will mean that China specifically will be able to dictate what policies countries follow more than we will.

Do you really want countries around the world installing dictators that are loyal to China as opposed to us? Suppose China floods Mexico with billions of dollars and they agree to sell them a military base and China decides to plant some nukes there.

Would you be comfortable with that?

If America pulls out our influence how long do you think it will be before China gives North Korea the go ahead to take the South and China moves on Taiwan?

Why wouldn't they, we won't stop them since we only care about our country.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Its Gallup CNN Propaganda what you expected?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Infowars isn't a real source.

If thats the case why are all the FSA Terrorist supporters attacking Alex Jones for calling them terrorists?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
Your source is inforwars therefore not valid.

Did you even read the article where it cites the sources or not?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The sneaky part is the "gets boost from." Did the fantasy actually get a boost from this poll? How do we measure that?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519

I believe the poll happened, the results are extremely wrong though. You honestly believe that 99% of people in America believe that? Give me a break...Alex Jones is a known fraud. #aintgottimeforthat

First off the poll isn't done by Alex Jones secondly did you read the following cited sources in the article or not? because the sources are highlighted and linked in the article.

You should do a little more reading on it before bashing other users or people just because they dont follow the agenda.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I'd suggest that you guys get out of America, I'd never want my tax money to go to some Genocide killer in the middle-east that's only purpose there is to wage war on it's neighbours and terrorize innocent living beings. All Americans have filled their pockets with the blood that Israel has spilled and this has happened unknowingly. It's a shame for you guys to even speak for Israel. It's a shame for you as a human and a living being to support another beings death.

You know the only reason Israel is in the middle-east is because they believe that their Messiah will come and many in the US really believe that this Messiah will liberate them, otherwise they wouldn't be supporting something that has no gain. But the issue is that the real Messiah will return, Meaning Jesus (peace be upon him) but also the anti-Messiah, which is called Messiah-ad-dajjal, the False Messiah. Unfortunetly the Jews and those fooled enough to be with them will follow the anti-Messiah. So they think that killing more and more people will speed up the time for the coming of the Messiah, this won't change it for a second, only Allah knows it's time and He has decreed it to be at a certain time.

The same goes for the Shias that call themselves muslims, they're trying to speed up the process of the Mahdi arriving and so by killing more people and causing more conflicts this is somehow going to speed up the process. Because the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that the Mahdi will come in a time when there is much killing and so this is the aim of the Shias (Iranians, Syrians, and parts of the arab countries).

I know it's hard for you to believe what I'm claiming to know, but it's sad to know that you've trapped yourself inside a box and that you've claimed religious prophecies to be nothing but a false message. You'll learn one day that the prophecies of the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) are more clearer than the sun. I'd adivce you to watch the prophecies of the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and decide for yourselves if they have become true or not. It's has gone so far that most of the minor signs have already been fullfilled, and we are awaiting the major signs which will follow each other like the pearls of a necklace that drop when the necklace breaks.

You can read about some of the signs here, www.islamweb.net...

Please tell me a single sign that hasn't become reality except for the major ones, the Hour is only getting closer and it's a true fact proven scientifically. You can't claim that's it's not the world we live in today.

May Allah guide you all to the straigth path.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Genocide killer in the middle-east that's only purpose there is to wage war on it's neighbours and terrorize innocent living beings.

Isn't that what they said the same thing about Saddam to?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I would be happy to provide you with a list of political science books that explain in detail the benefits to protecting Israel if you would like.

Just let me know

There is nothing that you can provide that in any way gives a good reason for supporting a nation of backstabbing terrorist like Israel.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Our citizens and returning soldiers are sleeping on the street. We have double-digit unemployment in many parts of this nation. There is absolutely no justifiable reason why Israel or any foreign nation should be given our tax dollars before our own people. Period.

So what your saying is that we shouldn't support anything in any foreign nation with money as long as there is one single person in America struggling?

Surely you can see how unrealistic that is.

As long as one American is struggling no other nation should get one dollar. Foreign aid is nothing but a scam it's stealing money from the poor to give to the wealthy in another nation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join