It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stalingrad Documentary - Ghost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I was watching this documentary on Stalingrad and they showed this clip of German POW's standing around, looking into the camera.

I have a picture, but can't find video to post. Please check for yourself on the History Channel Stalingrad Documentary on Netflix (a little before the 3/4 mark). What's up with the ghost face in the far back left? I replayed this six times and the face never changes, it looks like a mask and just floats there (unlike the others).

edit on 21-2-2013 by FuZe7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I mean it's actually creepy as hell! One explanation I got from someone else was that right after the war, some documentaries faked footage.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Look like he's yelling at the camera man.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedite
Look like he's yelling at the camera man.

The other guys in the clip move around, and move their lips like they're talking. The face in the back left stays exactly the same like a mask.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Ah I see, I don't know that was my only guess. But I will say does look creepy, and a bit pale compared to the rest.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Very Creepy! This is the first time I have ever noticed that figure to the left. I have seen this footage dozens of times and just don't remember that creepy figure.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I'm looking at the video right now.He's either yawning or has some sort of problem. The footage is slowed down as well so if he was in the middle of a large yawn then I'd assume it would appear as you see. I think you can see what I assume to be the tongue move a bit as well.
edit on 21-2-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I wouldn't doubt anything in that part of the world. My sister recently went to Berlin on a business trip and had a few creepy stories for us when she came home. You name it, it happened over there. She said that place is haunted as hell.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
My Grandfathers mom and dad were from Linz, Austria. All my other family from Italy can be traced but we were never given or told anything about them from Austria. But I do remember every story my Grandfather told me was a ghost story from over there. Creepy part of the world I guess like Prague.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
These guys are German prisoners who had fought their way across Russia, been held at Stalingrad in one of the worst meat grinder battles in history, have witnessed things we cannot even imagine, are freezing and starving to death, and are just about to go on a death march where only 1 in 6 of them survive. I dont think the guy in the video is a ghost, I just think he is on his last legs and his face is partially frozen. One of the symptoms of frostbite is that flesh turns white.....

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunda

Wow, that's scary!

I appreciate the replies everyone!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Here's the video.

You can see the "ghost" picture at 7:54, when watched in the video and slowed down it appears to be just a normal guy.

new topics

top topics

join