It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite superhero moment?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hey ATS I just wanted to know what your favorite superhero moment is. It could be from a comic or a movie or a tv series! Anything really!

Well let me start off with my favorite moments

I picked this moment because it shows that my favorite superhero(Batman) isn't scared of anyone and isn't afraid of anyone. He just threw one of the most most powerful superheros on to a table!!
And how Superman finds out who Batman is, then later Batman finds out Superman's secret identity. I also love the music that plas when Bats throws Superman, It is so amazing and powerful.

Another favorite of mine is...

This moment is the first time I actually thought the flash was a good superhero

How he takes down brainiac with the speed force!
amazing! Also if you listen to the music thats playing, it's just so heroic and epic!

So ATS what are your favorite superhero moments?

Also I put this in the Television forum because thats where I had found my favorite superhero moments.

edit on 20-2-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

When Donnie Darko telephatically tears the engine off the plane and sends it through the portal thus reversing the tangent universe and stopping it from collapsing and creating a black hole and therefore saving our universe.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

What's that from? Sounds cool

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Batman sings. What can top that?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Aww I remember that!! He's a good singer too. Is there anything batman can't do?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Rorschach's final moments -The Watchmen-

Batman drops Sal Maroni from a rooftop -The Dark Knight-

edit on 20-2-2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

That takes place in Superman's fortress of solitude...they flew there, got super with each other that night. He gives up his power as the scene above shows. It is located either in the Arctic or on Antarctica depending on year of comic books...and is depicted like so:

Now here is why it's my favorite...How in the hell did they get back from the fortress of solitude?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Probably no surprise here, but ...

Marvel Secret Wars. Dr. Doom had just absorbed the power of Galactus. But that wasn't enough for him. He knew the Beyonder was still more powerful, far more powerful. This, Doom could not abide. So he hatched a plan. He modified his armor and attacked the Beyonder. He had no chance. He even appealed to the the "heros" for help, they refused him. The Beyonder stymied his attack, crushed his defenses, and reduced him to a head, a torso, and one arm. The Beyonder got closer, intending to dissect Doom to learn what drove the man. At that point, Doom used his one remaining arm to touch a button on his chestplate to activate his trap. He absorbed the power of the Beyonder to become the most powerful being in at least two universes.

That is why Doom is my hero. An ordinary man, not a mutant, or an alien, or a freak of some science experiment gone wrong, just a human. Driven by desire, entirely self made, and he became something that most "heros" could not even comprehend.

Doom is the man.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I always liked a scene from "Iron Man". In which Tony Stark is in the final battle against Iron Monger. The two blast straight up into the stratosphere. And then stark asks how Stane fixed the icing problem. "Icing problem?".

Good stuff.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

edit on 21-2-2013 by GoodNuz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Hulk smashing Loki...that moment simply made the film (Avengers)...

Other than that...When Superman comes clean with Lois in Superman II. Basically, the moment we were always waiting for....
That whole part in Niagra Falls was priceless, classic Superman.

Funniest moment? Original Batman movie (Adam West, Burt Ward), when Batman pulls bat shark repellent out of his utility belt. Seriously? What DOESN'T he have something for in there?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That shark repellent was funny but the can of whale repellent next to it was hysterical.

Edit: I had to come back and embed that whole scene is so priceless...

edit on 23-2-2013 by BigBrotherDarkness because: to embed

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The Incredibles was awesome

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

HULK PUNCH!!!!!

then again the best super-hero of them all has a few funny bits.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Frank Castle's torture scene from The Punisher - Intruder.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Ha! As soon as I saw the thread title I envisioned Hulk smashing Loki! The way it was filmed/edited made us laugh out loud, had to back up and see it again. I'm laughing now just remembering it!

Another fave is in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen after Dorian Gray takes multiple shots with no affect:

"What are you?!"

"I'm complicated.".

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

In the book "The death of superman", The moment when superman emerges from the tomb, seeing the world ruined, all the other heroes dead, and everything he fought to defend before doomsday was released now "gone", and he flies up to the sun above the clouds, and is reinvigorated. So with all already lost, his soul not so super anymore.....his mind wondering all over the place thinking about the surmounting evil he would have to face that took advantage of the void of heroes, and thinking about doomsday which defeated him before, so he, still weak inside fought on.....Harder, more pure, more true....for himself.

OR when wolverine became "bones"....losing everything special about him to magneto, almost dying in the process, he became pure.....freed from the artificial nature of his power, and embracing his natural animal inside when he first drew his claws after having the metal sucked out of him, and the blood poured from his hands...he then chose to remain a warrior, even though he was not the same after a battle that he lost....now at peace...

reply to post by BobM88

yeah...!

really kick ass in general...what a hero...loved it. but yeah, frank....HERO...

reply to post by Josephus

Rorschach's final moments -The Watchmen-

OH hell Yeah!

I LOVED the part when he is in jail......I´m not locked up in here with you! YOU´RE LOCKED UP IN HERE WITH ME.....

best part of the whole movie

edit on 5-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Hulk Looney Tunes-style smashing Loki after he says that he's a God... Everyone in my family laughed at that, it was so funny...
Looks like it was one of the most favoured moment for everyone...

I think that most of my favourites superhero/villain moments were in Avengers... The debate about Captain America being a national threat above or below the killing bees; Thor asking Loki to listen well, gets knock out by Iron Man, and Loki: "I'm listening"; Fury's sarcasm: "Well let me know if "real power" wants a magazine or something"...
So fun. Real classic for me...
edit on 30-4-2013 by starheart because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join