It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like every non-registered gun owner to be identified publicly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Just like you see some moronic 1st amendment crybaby reporters saying they have a right to post who has a gun registered to a certain address, I want to them to post who does not. Further more, I want yard signs indicating which houses in my neighborhood have no guns. It would make a criminal pass my house for sure.

Oh what's that? You mean to tell me they would target the houses that have guns just to steal them? Well, anyone who has a gun and doesn't properly store it is just as moronically stupid as those that would argue for posting public information concerning who has what. Whoever has a gun and doesn't store it properly deserves what they get, just as those who are gun crybabies and are scared of them deserve what they get.

Oh what's that? No one deserves violence in their lives? I agree. But unlike you, I live in the real world, where guns and criminals are a reality, and neither are going anywhere, so deal with it.

What I don't understand, is why politicians don't just spell it out. This is A B C simple.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gameisupman
Just like you see some moronic 1st amendment crybaby reporters saying they have a right to post who has a gun registered to a certain address, I want to them to post who does not. Further more, I want yard signs indicating which houses in my neighborhood have no guns. It would make a criminal pass my house for sure.

Oh what's that? You mean to tell me they would target the houses that have guns just to steal them? Well, anyone who has a gun and doesn't properly store it is just as moronically stupid as those that would argue for posting public information concerning who has what. Whoever has a gun and doesn't store it properly deserves what they get, just as those who are gun crybabies and are scared of them deserve what they get.

Oh what's that? No one deserves violence in their lives? I agree. But unlike you, I live in the real world, where guns and criminals are a reality, and neither are going anywhere, so deal with it.

What I don't understand, is why politicians don't just spell it out. This is A B C simple.

And how would you know who doesn't have a registered gun? People probably have unregistered guns for a reason.

Oh what's that? Because they are criminals? I live in the real world where not everyone deserves to know what everyone has or does not have.....

This rant is so full of fail.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Have ya seen this?

These guys took your thread, and made the signs - and went out, and tested the public's gumption.

Their cow-eyed zombie state resisted too well, with responses like "I agree with the sign, but don't want it on my lawn."

Best one "We won't be safe until we're down to one bullet magazines."

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

And how would you know who doesn't have a registered gun?

What a stupid statement when taken in context of my post. Seriously. Of course you wouldn't know who has an unregistered gun. What an idiotic thing to say, maybe you meant it for another thread? If not, I don't know what else to say other than I feel sorry for you.

People probably have unregistered guns for a reason.

Duh. Really? Never thought of that. Plenty of reasons to have unregistered guns. Just ask most criminals, lol (according to the government that is). If I did or did not own guns, I can assure you they would not be registered. Only a MORON would buy a gun that would put them on a list. Any list. Doesn't matter, if they ever do go down the "list" door to door (or more likley end up having a tax "incentive" to declare) even a half wit would simply say "sorry, sold it years ago can't help you". But I guess you would be more than happy to comply, lol.

Oh what's that? Because they are criminals? I live in the real world where not everyone deserves to know what everyone has or does not have.....

This rant is so full of fail.

Man, and people wonder why we have the government we have, probably becasue people like you are allowed to vote....or maybe your one of those "enlightened" people that thinking voting is a waste of time. Either way.....your post is the one that is "full of fail". I can't imagine how you function on a daily basis with the amount of pure ignorance you displayed here.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wouldn`t it make more sense to post the names of everyone who has ever been convicted of a violent crime?
If the point is to try and determine who might be a possible threat then people with a history of violence should be first on the list.
Guns don`t kill people, people kill people. I would rather know whether my neighbor is a convicted violent offender or not than to know whether my neighbor owns a gun or not.
I would feel safer having a neighbor who owns a gun than having a neighbor who is a convicted violent offender.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
so, what would be the purpose of publicly identifying all non registered gun owners?
To identify people who might be a potential threat?
To identify people who might be breaking some kind of law?

I don`t understand why you would want to do that. I assumed that it was to identify people who might be a potential threat but from your above rant I now see that isn`t the reason, so i`m asking, what would be the purpose for doing this?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Duh, I'm making a rhetorical point here. You can't get that? Wow.

This has been answered, and clearly so. Thank the ever so present ATS moderators for deleting it. I guess I was a little too real for them. Unfortunately, there is NO OTHER WAY for me to say what I said, so I guess it can't be said here. Sad, but hey, this place is a business after all and content matters.....as long as it...well, never mind. This post being deleted in 5...4....3....2..

edit on 20-2-2013 by gameisupman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Tardacus

Duh, I'm making a rhetorical point here. You can't get that? Wow.

This has been answered, and clearly so. Thank the ever so present ATS moderators for deleting it. I guess I was a little too real for them. Unfortunately, there is NO OTHER WAY for me to say what I said, so I guess it can't be said here. Sad, but hey, this place is a business after all and content matters.....as long as it...well, never mind. This post being deleted in 5...4....3....2..

edit on 20-2-2013 by gameisupman because: (no reason given)

I must have missed the reason, the thread title says that you (personally) want to see a public list of all non registered gun owners, i`m just asking
Why do you personally want to know who owns an unregistered gun?
What would be the purpose of you knowing that information?
Would knowing that information change your life for the better or make it safer in some way?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Some people are just so left field they don't even trip the common sense radar.

Regardless this individual should know that Grandfather'd weapons (Anything over 10yrs old) does not need any registration as it's been in the family for over 10 years.

And Good luck with Every non-registered gun owner to be identified publicly this person should be Feinstein's 2nd in the war Gun's. We should get them there own island with no guns and let them live there American Dream there. Sounds better than infringing on my rights as a American Citizen.

Meh~ I'm registered anyway and have to be to legally own a gun in Illinois.... I have a backround check in my pocket it's called a FOID card =p

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Just like you see some moronic 1st amendment crybaby reporters saying they have a right to post who has a gun registered to a certain address, I want to them to post who does not....

Don't know what's going through anyone-else's mind(s)...replying to this thread...
Seems (to me) that the OP is tongue-in-cheek (90%, +/-) and Christmas Wish-List (10%, +/-)...
The majority of "gun crimes" (guessing at the OPs perspective, here) are committed with non-registered guns (or - guns not registered to the gun-user)... So - why punish/publish those that stay within their rights?
I have known people who ONLY owned guns (and some pretty nasty ones, at that) that they purchased from someone-elses; trunks... On one hand - they helped-out "a co-worker" or "friend"... On the other - they knew they were probably purchasing dirty properties...AND...unless something went terribly amiss, no-one would ever know (be the wiser).

edit on 2/20/2013 by WanDash because: misplaced apostrophe

new topics

top topics

join