It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to put the Israeli flag on the moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The non-profit organization is representing Israel in the Google Lunar X Competition, in which $20 million will be awarded to the first team that lands an unmanned vehicle on the moon, moves it 500 meters, and transmits videos and images back to earth. An additional $10 million will be awarded for achieving other objectives once on the moon.

The link to the team attemting this

Link to the source

Sure the Israel haters will have some hidden agenda and conspiracy theorists will think up some interesting ideas.
I just think it's cool to encourage future space exploration.

Cody

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I encourage most if not all pursuits of scientific advancement and the promotion of the general well being of mankind...
However...
Can some neutral flag be utilized instead?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Anyone who makes it to the moon is entitled to put a flag there. The wars over what it means will come later.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yay, more space travel. Space travel is good. Space travel is grand. Space travel is something I love to hear about.

but...

"NOPE. NOBODY'S ALLOWED TO PUT THEIR FLAG ON THE MOON NOW.
'Specially not those damn Jews"

Srsly guise, why the do you hate them so much? 90% of what they've done is in retaliation for attacks on THEM.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wasn't Zionist flag already on moon

US flag :

4 * 13 = 52 stars

13 red and white strips of color

US dollar :

13 arrows

hidden owl

13 olive fruits

13 leaves

Pyramid

all seeing eye

NWO
Zionist flag has been there before.(If true ??)

The color was different though.
edit on 19-2-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Those poor little moon aliens better watch out,

just look at Gaza

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

man i really dont care if you put a flag of barney on the moon as long as you dont think you own it..the stupidest thing mankind did this time around was claim land, its land its not yours its everybodys moronic human race on that part. as for placing a flag let em why not America put its big you know what in history why cant the isralis? and russians and for that matter those maple syrup making canadians? why not?. you guys seriously want to bring our feud over supremacy into space? cmon i hope we get knocked back into the stone age before that happens IMO

EDIT SnF this needs to be discussed
edit on 19-2-2013 by GRS1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Can some neutral flag be utilized instead?
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I lived in Israel for ten years,
Whilst I applaud your sentiment you don't seem to get the Israeli ego, I'm pro Israel I have to be my kids live there.
Besides they have to get there yet

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Those poor little moon aliens better watch out,

just look at Gaza

That's whole different very complicated situation, I wouldn't be surprised if there are arabic kids involved as well you'd be surprised at the level of integration

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

man i really dont care if you put a flag of barney on the moon as long as you dont think you own it..the stupidest thing mankind did this time around was claim land, its land its not yours its everybodys moronic human race on that part.
reply to post by GRS1234

Spot on GRS

The sooner we all realize it the better off we'll be

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
With all the criticism I may have on Israel's fascist policies, I REALLY hope they start using those resources and their obvious potential for scientific exploration...

They have a lot of highly skilled professionals in Israel, I would love to be able to admire them for endeavors like this one, honest.

And I would applaud to see an Israel-Palestinian flag, side by side, as it should be with those two brother communities...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

And I would applaud to see an Israel-Palestinian flag, side by side, as it should be with those two brother communities...
reply to post by drakus

That would be perfect
I can't flag you for that but I can double star you

Or not

edit on 19-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

reply to post by drakus

That would be perfect
I can't flag you for that but I can double star you

Or not

There's always a middle point in any debate, sometimes it's hard to see it, but generally it's the best way to resolve a conflict..

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Cheers

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Wow
That was nice to wake up to

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is fantastic news!

I truly hope that more Countries will get involved with Space Travel. This will bring technology (and the price of such) down to levels that us "mere mortals" will hopefully soon be able to book passage on a Space Craft.

I read that Uganda is even jumping into the Space Race.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wingz

Uganda

I think I'll stick with virgin for now

top topics

join