It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: NASA loses communication with ISS -connection restored-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

NASA loses communication with ISS

www. cfnews13.com

According to the space agency, flight controllers in Houston were updating software onboard the ISS' flight computers around 9:45 a.m. Tuesday when one of the station's data relay systems malfunctioned.

The primary computer controlling critical station functions defaulted to a backup computer, which is not allowing the station to communicate with NASA's Tracking and Data Relay Satellites.
(visit the link for the full news article)

UPDATED---

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
www.cfnews13.com...

Communication restored to the ISS

edit on 19-2-2013 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I have yet to see it come up in the 'new' posts list... It seems NASA can't communicate with the the International Space Station. Article continues to state that it lost communication as the ISS was flying over Russian ground stations, I have a feeling the international blame game may run rampant pretty soon here... thoughts?

www. cfnews13.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Nice....gotta love the last quote on the story....

Chris Hadfield, an American astronaut on board the ISS, sent out the following tweet Tuesday morning: "Good Morning, Earth! Today we transition the Space Station's main computers to a new software load. Nothing could possibly go wrong."

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

edit on 19-2-2013 by Rodinus because: post removed as my sense of humour was not appreciated (and against T and C concerning one line responses)

One Line / Short Response - read me
edit on 19-2-2013 by elevatedone because: DO NOT EDIT STAFF EDITS.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
welcome to WW3

One Line / Short Responses - Read Me
edit on 19-2-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The primary computer controlling critical station functions defaulted to a backup computer,

Windows sucks ass...

One Line /Short Responses - Read Me

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Nice....gotta love the last quote on the story....

Chris Hadfield, an American astronaut on board the ISS, sent out the following tweet Tuesday morning: "Good Morning, Earth! Today we transition the Space Station's main computers to a new software load. Nothing could possibly go wrong."

Gotta love that they are wrong! Chris Hadfield is a Canadian astronaut, in fact he was the first Canadian to walk in space. (Wikipedia). So did they just make an assumption he was American or did they just not bother to check their facts?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

Well, i tried to make this a little more light hearted by commenting that it was those Chinese hackers who are at it again but received a comment about one line responses so re-edited my post and emptied it

On a more serious note though, i hope this will not have serious consequences for the crew of the ISS concerning other software up there which may have a negative impact on important life support functions?

Kindest apologetic regards

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I hope this is not related..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Eh, malfunctions happen in space just like they do here on terra firma. A software glitch by any other name is still just a software glitch. I don't see any big conspiracy or the start of an international "blame game" incident in the making. I mean really, who hasn't experienced software problems?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
OOOOHHHHHH NNNNNOOOOOO!!!!! The prophecy is coming true!!!! Lets hope it doesn't fall from the sky!!!!!
Sorry, in rare form today........

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
CNN: edition.cnn.com...

According to them, there are 1 American and 2 Russians on board. Wonder what happened to the Canadian commander. And to those 2 other guys onboard, for that matter...

I always thought saying "nothing can go wrong" will somehow lead to something going wrong...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

The primary computer controlling critical station functions defaulted to a backup computer,

Windows sucks ass...

One Line /Short Responses - Read Me

I told them to install Mac OS X !!!
Now they should have listened to me!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
www.cfnews13.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
www.cfnews13.com...

Thanks, just updated the OP.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Turned it off and on again?

Always works for me. Hehe.

Good to hear they are beck in communications, not nice thinking "In space can anyone hear you scream?".

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Oh Lord-Are they OK up there?

Could it be space junk or dare I say meteor related?

I hope they are all safe and its just a busted transmitter.
Please let that be the case.
Edit:
Ah I see its fixed-Thank goodness,I would not have slept tonight worrying about those folks.

edit on 19/2/2013 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by negue
I always thought saying "nothing can go wrong" will somehow lead to something going wrong...

We had an F-15 pilot tell us once "I'm going today, even if I lose an engine on take off." We all stepped back.
About the time he was going so fast, he couldn't safely abort (without taking the barrier and risking major damage to the plane), he lost an engine. He stopped. Plane sat there for months. Don't EVER say that.

top topics

join