It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea at UN

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

All very good points.

But the average people keep looking at the Asians with a US/European (Western) mindset.

That mindset didn't work out so well in the ME either.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
To threaten in such a way I would think they have some sort of backup plan. I'm going to say these are all just more bluffs.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
1. Things must be really bad in this closed state N. Korea, with sanctions, droughts, floods, earthquakes - climate change which affects ALL parts of the world including N. Korea, Baby Kim must be feeling the pressure now, for him to authorise such hardline rhetorics

It only goes to show that he is prepared to risk it all for a showdown.

However, he and his N.Korean master are still beholden to China. He would have launched an attack upon S.Korea right now, but if he is seen as the attacking force, China, who is his big brother, will have a difficult time explaining to their own masses and united nations. No current world will ever support any conquering nations.

China may not fear US, but will fear the combined forces of the world, including its own angry citizens. They are not fools.

Thus, if Baby kim attacks S. Korea first, his supporter China will lose its moral ground, and may be annihilated by an angry world later on.

2. What Baby Kim or his N.Korean master is doing right now is to PROVOKE S.Korea and the West to ATTACK N.Korea FIRST right now. He has nothing to lose, as the masses are hungry, turning to cannibalism, the military who are not born out of rock equally have family members suffering, both classes ready to pounce for social change and accounting with their leader.

Get the West and S.Korea to start the war, then he will be able to rally the dissatisfied masses and angry military to his support.

He thinks he will win the war, by using conventional war means first, as he DOES have that capability with his million strong army and support from China, and then relying on his nukes as a reserve gottermederung force if he loses.

Even if he loses and launch those nukes, and for sure a western nuke response will ensued, he will be deep down in his bunker, and death only to the masses which he and his master cares nothing about.

After which, he will sit back and let China, Russia and the rest of the animal rulers of our world bicker with free world leaders over nuke launches as the liberal and blind human rights council in UN to kill each other, and later, come out of his bunker smelling like a rose and still a leader, the way the HumanSlayer of Syria Assad is attempting now.

3. Thus, the West and S. Korea must chill, and not fall into the trap of China and N.Korea by ATTACKING FIRST.

Respond hot air with hot air, mobilize the troops, but DO NOT engage first, and watch out for set up cases which makes it seem the West and S.Korea initiated the war, and set up Patriot Missiles. Be alert and INVESTIGATE any case to be sure. N. Korea will implode by itself soon.

When all options fail for peace, and war is the only option, one must equally be aware that war does not mean an all out attack. Only morons such as Bush and Powell do such foolishness. War is a deadly game and must be WISELY pursued. It is like a game of chess, whereby nothing is what it seems and every move on the board is calculated every angle a thousand times before a piece is moved.

MacArthur was America's true heir to Caesar, but just too bad he was sidelined by the egoistical civilian president Truman. If his pragmatic ideas then were accepted, the CCP govt which is a torn to world peace and prosperity today, would not have existed, with the chinese today run by a democracy, and millions of N.Koreans would have the same measure of life that S.Koreans have united.

May the present leaders be wise today.

edit on 19-2-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Allaroundyou

yes just like they bluffed with the missile test in Dec , or the new Eng test before the nuke test , that was all a bluff too. they are nothing but bluffs lately.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

North Korea can test all they want just as every nation can. We have nukes why can't they. And yes i Say "bluff" because if N.K. were to launch any sort or first wave attack they will have almost no backing from their few allies. Do you think China will back them after they attack S.K. If China loses western support who is going to buy their products. Certainly not the majority of their population. For the time being they NEED western ideology. They all are "bluffs" trying to get us to attack first.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: structure

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
When someone is itching to pick a fight, they tend to walk around with their chest puffed out mouthing off to anyone walking by in the hopes of someone taking the bait.

I think NK is itching to pick a fight so they can play with their shiny new toys.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I will agree with you, after putting it that way, yes that is what they DPRK is trying to do , they do not want too make the first move, even though, they The DPRK say they will, or would. Yes i do think China, would back them if push comes to shove. China wants Taiwan and they want Japan out of the way. DPRK dream and wish is to have Korea as one nation, how far are they wiling to go to get their wish? all out war?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Oh your so close, it is not funny. DPRK will not nor can they stop now, for if they do they will be shown as week and toothless. Un would be shunned, not only by his own people but other Asia nations.The only out come of all this is South surrenders or DPRK will make the war happen.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This could very well escalate if people don't use logic in the politics part of this. We should stop attempting to put sanctions on them and let them be. Both nations would gain greatly from this as would the world.

edit.
Although South Korea may have to give up a little tug on there end of the Korean rope more so then the U.S. Really just because of the location... Sad but true and would be best in the end.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: Using a bad touch pad the deletes my stuffs.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
I would have never guessed that the son of a drag queen could be so ruthless.

That is Hilarious. Clearly, overcompensating runs in the family.

On a serious note- I see North Korea as another driving force behind the agenda of global destruction. I think they are well aware that their actions and rhetoric are wearing on the collective nerves of government leaders.

The moment anyone acts with military force against them; could be the moment we are propelled into the next and perhaps final world war.

What to do

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Lets say we do let them have their way... no sanctions, we let them have their nukes. How long would it be before they send one or more our way???

It is a no win situation now, we are only able to slow them. , at the rate of Development, we have 2 maybe 3 years, if we say ok you can have your way... with in a year.

The only way I can see this from not being a full blown war is they DPRK admits they can not win nor have Korea as a one nation, that they need to spend more on food than on weapons. Sadly this is not the way DPRK thinks nor acts.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
And NK's nuke program still has no legs while its rocket program barely has wings.

Why should we be worried? If they did launch at SK and their rocket didn't explode on launch and did manage to make it to the south and their nuke was properly made and did go off, it would still have far less impact than little boy or fat man did. And that's assuming they hit accurately and don't get shot down by a missile shield.

And it's not like we'd have to retaliate with nukes, I think we have more than enough normal ordinance to decimate their command structure.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

If what I said Were to actually happen I see the DRPK focusing more on internal affairs. U.S. and S.K. ending the sanctions is a win in the minds of North Koreans. Intimidation is a big thing with N.K. They don't know we don't need them. China won't tell them that in hopes of that nice N.K. bushing that has been created stays in place. The U.S. plan is to let them topple on themselves. I mean look at how past sanctions have always ended. It's funny really.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just more hot air and bluffing, but someone should call their bluff and consider what they said an act of war and launch a massive preemptive strike against them and then demand their unconditional surrender.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well, they found a unicorn cave a whille back...and the new "Glorious Leader" was named Time Man of the Year (according to them).

To the people who are really worried about N. Korea, hop on a plane to China and book a tour. They let in a surprising ammount of tourists each year. Don't worry, as an American yes -- you can bring your cell phone. If you do, expect to have to buy a new SIM card though.

Sure, you won't get to see the secret nuclear facilities -- but if you look carefully you'll see just how poor and backwards that country really is.

I was reading an AMA on reddit of a tour guide that takes American citizens into N. Korea. 100's travel there each year. How about it ATS? Want to send in an investigative team?

I'll go and report back, assuming ATS pays!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What's sad is that if that country spent it's time and money developing their nuclear technology in the civilian direction it wouldn't be that hard for them to turn the lights and heat on, distill a lot of fresh water, and do stuff like grow crops in climate controlled greenhouses. (Particularly when NIMBY isn't much of an issue considering how things are run there.) Not to mention that if energy was put into productive use, they really don't lack mineral resources in those mountains which may actually be worth something if exported. They should have enough for a healthy positive GDP where they could buy their needed imports "legit" without any begging or cajoling at all.

But nope. Instead they throw together some poorly made bombs and act like a spoiled PITA child lashing out and making threats while trying to get their own way. Kind of a waste of potential, isn't it?

Sure North Korea may have a big miltary number-wise and artillery that threatens Seoul. But they'll be fairly disappointed if they push things to the point where they find out why their ROK cousins to the south typically don't waste time doing a high-step dog and pony show. (Not to mention how fast things like B-1s and B-52s can go from being stationed Colorado to Alaska or even Japan, how many submarines are thisclose that they don't know about, and that a ready carrier group only takes about a week to go where it wants to.)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have always personally believed in diplomacy before action, in principal. Two parties should always try to air out their differences, no matter how apparently insurmountable, in what should be the mutual goal of peace. If the two parties cannot communicate effectively, then a third party with close links to both should act as a mediator.

Unfortunately for such an optimistic and simplistic view of mine, North Korea has defied all diplomatic logic since its creation. Their state is so secretive and their political maneuvering so baffling that it is no surprise to me that there is not one single consensus as to how to approach them in the future, from any governmental body; even their closest ally China seems to be at an increasing loss of how to interact with their neighbor, which appears to be growing more unstable with every passing week.

Even my own personal stance on how to handle North Korea has shifted several times over the years. The situation they have wrought is so complex that I can barely wrap my head around it most times, with as much as I have tried to research it on my own casually over the years. And I find myself becoming increasingly hostile toward them - which is exactly what they want. My brain is coming up with thoughts like increased troop presence in South Korea, fortifications, large-scale organized war game exercises, massive shows of force meant to show Kim that we mean business.

But dammit, I always have to chastise myself immediately after thinking that because that's what they want! That's what they're aching for: an excuse to attack. All it would take is a nervous soldier with an itchy finger on the border, or an accidental discharge of a mortar to start it all off. And in the middle of it all China - the little-acknowledged major player in all this - would undoubtedly side with North Korea.

So while the more primal instinct of my brain naturally says to be more aggressive, my rationality says to keep it cool. Don't increase military activity, don't even attempt to talk, don't do anything that acknowledges their behavior, because I think in the end it will all be up to China. If (or when) war resumes on the Korean peninsula, if it is unequivocally shown that the North was the aggressor I do believe that the resulting negative world opinion would force China to act appropriately, whether through direct military intervention of their closest ally or a refusal to support their war. With as much worldwide commerce China is involved in, in my opinion they simply would not be able to afford to lose a big chunk of it during wartime.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
AGAIN?

Isnt this like the third time they stated this?
I remember reading this a while ago or is this the same story?

Nevermind I just checked the date in link in another tab.

North Korea = Broken Record

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Nooo eff north Korea...... they cant destroy south Korea then we wont have league of legends anymore

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The more they keep prodding a stick in the hornets nest, the probability of getting stung is much greater.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join