It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea at UN

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

i think you do not know this is, for that is what they are doing to survive , yes eating each other the Un leader ship is so war hungry they will not feed their own people, i will see if i can find the link , not for the faint-hearted , www.globalpost.com... from the link, one of many telling how bad it isJust when you thought North Korea couldn't get any more disturbing.

A leaked official police document reportedly details at least one case of cannibalism.and this

News out of North Korean in notorious unreliable, but food shortages in the country have gotten so bad and people so desperate that there are now reports of men murdering their own children for food. These startling reports were compiled by independent reporters commissioned by Asia Press, a independent press agency focusing on Asia, and were published by the Sunday Times. And here's one of the most disturbing thing you'll read this morning:

The source said: "While his wife was away on business he killed his eldest daughter and, because his son saw what he had done, he killed his son as well. When the wife came home, he offered her food, saying: 'We have meat.'

like i said not for the week to read , I am doing this to prove just how unstable, how war hungry the DPRK really is, yes they will blame the US/South Korea for this, or the west,and the EU UN for the food shortage , but will not say nor admit it is because they want the nuke, and new weapons, to do what?

We the US and the west are not making any threats of war or seeking an invasion into the north, it is all on them, the DPRK, they want a one nation a one flag, if nukes make it so, then so be it, is their thinking, and their mentality, their sickness. That is leading them towards war.
here is list that has all the reports of well here
Cannibalism | North Korea | World Hunger - World News ...
Cannibalism has long been rumored in North Korea as a way people respond to world hunger there. But a new leaked report from the North Korea government allegedly ...
www.globalpost.com/.../cannibalism-north-korea-world-hunger - Cached

More reports of cannibalism in North Korea | Asia News ...
There have been periodic reports of cannibalism in North Korea since its chronic food crisis began in the 1990s. The latest claims are based on a 791-page manual for ...
asiancorrespondent.com/58290/more-reports-of-cannabalism... - Cached

Reports of Cannibalism from North Korea | Cannibals and ...
Reliable reports from North Korea indicate starving residents of the rogue nation may be resorting to cannibalism.
www.livescience.com/26677-north-korea-cannibalism.html - Cached
More results from livescience.com »

North Korean parents 'eating their own children' after being ...
Reports of cannibalism have emerged as locals battle to survive a famine that has killed up to 10,000 - yet leader Kim Jong Un, pictured, spends millions on rocket ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2269094/North-Korean...
More results from dailymail.co.uk »

More reports of cannibalism in North Korea | Asia News ...
This page provides information about 'More reports of cannibalism in North Korea | Asia News ...' on Broken Controllers.
brokencontrollers.com/more-reports-of-cannibalism-in... - Cached

edit on 20-2-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Uh....exactly how does this make my statement revisionist. They WERE and are communists.

I bet if you ask them they'll all tell you they are Koreans.

K_O_R_E_A_N_S.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I know you realise that your replies to me are not answering my question as well as having absolutely nothing to do with this issue of debate.

What's the deal?

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
All this ignorance is getting old. I know i just joined but have been reading for years. Politics and world affairs need to be looked at and handled in a more economic common interest. Economic growth means better jobs, more progressive and forward thinking ideas that would improve all that are willing to get the job done. Now with that said the DRPK needs to stop using such hostile scare tactics and every nation the supports more sanctions should focus on there own crap. These "sanctions" just seem to keep stirring things up.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

i'm beginning to think he is a DPRK plant, notice how he stands up for the north, not willing to admit they are commies er communist. back to the topic just read this www.kcna.co.jp...

Bolstering Nuclear Deterrence Is DPRK's Option for Defending Dignity and Security of Nation
Pyongyang, February 19 (KCNA) -- The DPRK's third underground nuclear test was a strong measure for self-defence to cope with the U.S. and its allies' shameless provocation against the DPRK, says Rodong Sinmun Tuesday in a bylined article.
and at the very bottom he has this to say

If the U.S. imperialists and the puppet warmongers make even the slightest provocation encroaching upon the sovereignty of the DPRK while calling for "tightening sanctions", its revolutionary armed forces which have grown stronger with the might of Songun will deal merciless and prompt annihilating blows to the aggressors by mobilizing all the offensive and defensive means including a nuclear deterrence.
if that does not say nuke blackmail i do not what would

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Allaroundyou

I think you forget that North Korea signed several treaties that would have ended the majority of sanctions had they just followed through.

Instead they took the Oil donations and used it for their Military instead of allowing their people to use it...then broke the agreement only to do this again and again.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Allaroundyou

I must ask what do you suggest as to what the nations should do with DPRK and their wish to have nukes not for power out put, to light or heat homes, put to have as a weapon. I will agree Sanctions are not working if anything it is making them madder, ill was bad but Un seems ,well if given the chance... he would launch a nuke at DC. he's got the missiles to hit Seoul. So if he wants a one nation , we are the ones standing in his way, yes the troops of south Korea are mean tough and ready but with out us the US, they would not last long.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Well I thinks that if the nations backing more sanctions stopped then maybe there hostile ways would not be so common then hopefully just stop altogether. Now if they were to launch an attack on South Korea then i personally believe the south has the tactics and technology to defend themselves. Even if N.K. somehow managed to get a WMD to the south.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
They can't get oil to be able to run fishing boats further out to sea.....poor poor North Koreans are getting tactics used on them that is starving them to death.

Yes, it's funny how the "good guys" are actually responsible for killing these people in retaliation for their leaders not doing what they want them to.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
here is a shocker, a must read before you say nuke the north, www.nknews.org... from the link

If you’ve got a question then you can find out how you can get it answered by visiting our “Ask a North Korean” page here. We’ll start sending the best of your questions to Jae-young from early next week, so get writing now!

We start the feature today with a question about what North Koreans really think of their cousins in South Korea.

Tad Farrell, September 2012.

Question: What do North Koreans really think of South Koreans? Does North Korean propaganda really influence what people think when it comes to South Korea?

Jae-young: Those who live near the borders with China know a lot about South Korea. Information about South Korea flows in along with the Chinese products, video and radios that are smuggled into North Korea. Many South Korean TV programs are also smuggled in the form of videos often and surprise North Koreans who obtain and watch them secretly. However, people in most areas that are far from the borders do not know much about South Korea. A North Korean who became a friend of mine during the process of escaping from North Korea told me that the friend only learned about South Korea after arriving in China. People in most inland areas do not have much access to transportation and communication and receive ideological education through the state TV which is the North Korean government’s propaganda tool. As a result, information about South Korea cannot reach them even through word of mouth.
there is more to her story, to long to post but that should give you an idea of how things are there. I do not wish harm to the people of DPRK , only the Mil and the leader, if it comes to that road. , even then it is peace first , if it was up to me... yes they can have a nuke just one , as far as power plants as many as they want just like the US, China, France, UK,EU, and Russia and other nuke country's even Iran. If Pakistan and India can have them, why not DPRK and Iran. Yea i know they would use them, with out thinking.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
new propaganda pieces by the DPRK, US Troops and Obama in Flames:

and the burning of US Flags:

too bad I can't speak the language, maybe someone here can translate them?
edit on 20-2-2013 by Zerschmetterling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
They might asctually launch a nuke at the south

Almost an impossibility; and even if in some far of imaginary fantasy they did go full atomic retard, it would be tantamount to suicide for the crazy Kims and co..

This is just another plea for rice and aid in the only language this shunned culture knows- rhetorical threats.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Threats of violence and mass killing of civilians are NK's negotiating tool. Not their best one - their only one. As you all know, and man have pointed out. That said, I could see them actually using a nuke at some point, thinking they need to make the point that they're serious.

They probably figure the US won't nuke them in turn, and that after we bomb the living piss out of them conventionally, we'll shower them with gifts of aid and rebuilding. Unfortunately for them, that only works if you choose to follow the path we want them on.

I truly feel bad for the people of NK, even if the majority of them may well be fully programmed to believe in NK. They have suffered for a long time, and will suffer a great deal more should Lil Kim Jr decide to attack SK - nuke or not.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerschmetterling
new propaganda pieces by the DPRK, US Troops and Obama in Flames:

and the burning of US Flags:

too bad I can't speak the language, maybe someone here can translate them?
edit on 20-2-2013 by Zerschmetterling because: (no reason given)

fixed your links

edit on 20-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

thanks! I just realized they didn't work

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allaroundyou
This could very well escalate if people don't use logic in the politics part of this. We should stop attempting to put sanctions on them and let them be. Both nations would gain greatly from this as would the world.

edit.
Although South Korea may have to give up a little tug on there end of the Korean rope more so then the U.S. Really just because of the location... Sad but true and would be best in the end.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: Using a bad touch pad the deletes my stuffs.

End the sanctions? Are you insane?

It would be the MOST stupid thing to do right now.

It is those sanctions that had effectively curbed the aggressive N.Korean barbarian leaders from outright war long ago.

Back in the 80s and 90s, foolish S.Koreans and their leaders PITIED the N.Koreans when they screamed their will build nukes. and embarked on its insane Sunshine Policy whereby S.Korean taxpayers funded food and social expenditure aid to the North in the hope that such PEACEFUL gestures would be reciprocated.

The result - N.Korea now has nukes, a well fed army and a civilian population resorting to canibalism to survive. May that generation of s.koreans and humanity whom would stupidly presume wild animals will respond better to civilise behaviour, be made ACCOUNTABLE for their mistakes today

There MUST be deeper sanctions right now, to hurt even the military further. They are now weak and restive, ready to tear down Baby Kim for his leadership, for it brought only pain and suffering. Only the closest to him whom are insane are still holding on.

Deepen it further, and the military will revolt. Right now, only the military has the power to take down Baby Kim and his bunch of cronified dinosours. Invasion by outside forces will fail, as the people's mind are all already brainwashed, and changing hearts and minds are impossible. N.Korea can only be taken from within, and hunger is the only way that the civilian and military will respond, so long as S.Korea and the West DO NOT make the first move in attack.

End sanctions, and the military will grow back in strength, and as usual, nothing given to the civilian masses. Strengthened, taking N.Korea will only be next to impossible as its Baby welds and waves the nukes around the world to get his way.

Do not, do not, make the same mistakes the previous generations of liberals stupidly made. They and the N.Korean leaders are the cause of much suffering and complexity right now in the korean peninsula.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

Starred comment!

Maybe you can ask one of our graphics wizards to whip up a Big Momma's house: Like father, Like son poster with the two Kims

Your comment made me laugh.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

your idea is a good one , "from with in, by military over throw" sadly this will not work for the DPRK and the people are under the spell of Songun that is one for mil all for mil all for one nation, it is better explained
here www.korea-dpr.com...

Songun politics is rooted in the military-priority ideology that embodies the Juche idea. President Kim Il Sung is a founder of Songun ideology and an outstanding leader of the Songun revolution. He inherited a revolutionary heritage of two pistols from his father and made a determination to restore the lost country with an armed struggle.

The formation of the "Down-with-Imperialism Union" by the President in October Juche 15 (1926) was a proclamation of do-or-die battle to crush the Japanese imperialists. The two pistols left over by his father, Kim Hyong Jik and the program of the "Down-with-Imperialism Union" pointing out a staunch anti-imperialist and independent stand are the starting point of Songun ideology, ideology of giving precedence to arms and the military.
there is nothing one can do to change an idea ,with deep roots. all one can do is wait for the next revolt.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It's not about North and South Korea. That's too small to understand what's going on.

There's been no open war between the West and the East; between Britain/US/France/Canada/etc and China/Russia/etc. But there has been proxy war; we're witnessing it now.

This is what needs to be ironed out for the wars to end. In case nobody has noticed, China and Russia were weaker on sanctioning Iran. Just as they're weaker on sanctioning DPRK.

The illusion of peace is carefully trimmed and kept pretty.

Where will it be next? When will the east and west find peace with each other? Someday, maybe. Worst case, we decide who's better in a suicidal war. The last person standing wins.

Wins.... what? Most of the planet will be wiped out. So what did they win?

So we pop Baby Kim. But in his place another illusion will emerge to frighten us. On and on. Until either we finally commit to full-scale war or we come together and merge into one.
edit on 20-2-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
DOESNT ANYONE SEE A HEGALIAN SITUATION HERE?
THIS IS A CREATED SITUATION....OPPOSITES ARE BEING SET UP FOR THE CHAOS WHICH IS TO FOLLOW.....THE PROSPECTS FOR "REGIONAL CONFLICT"
HAVE BEVER BEEN BETTER......WE SHOULD HAVE SOME NEW CONFLICT FLARE UP SOON,AS THESE OLD ONES HAVE LOST MUCH OF THEIR NOVELTY.....
AND WE DEMAND NOVELTY ABOVE ALL...IT MAKES GREAT TV....

Why are you yelling? I can read you just fine

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join