It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea at UN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea at UN

in.reuters.com

North Korea threatened South Korea with "final destruction" during a debate at the U.N Conference on Disarmament on Tuesday, and warned that it could take "second and third steps" after a nuclear test last week
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Hi all

Just saw this breaking if its been posted please disregard

North korea is getting bolder and bolder this time threating South Korea with its final destruction

North Korean diplomat Jon Yong Ryong told the meeting As the saying goes a new born puppy knows no fear of a tiger. South Korea's erratic behaviour would only herald its final destruction

North Korea is really pushing there luck here, the whole world has allready condemned them for there recent nuclear test and now this..

They might asctually launch a nuke at the south

in.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
They would be begging for another cease fire after a US led bombing campaign.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
They are bluffing,

They want the sanctions on them lifted, and this is their way to tell the world.

Of course we are not much smarter in the west, we respond by:

Putting more sanctions on them, because that will "pacify them".

Never understood the concept of sanctions, sure you are attempting to pressure a government to break, but in the end, the government of said country will do like the Western "Democracies", Transfer the cost (and suffering) onto its citizens...

Its a sad sad situation, and no im not promoting North Korean Radicalism, however our current "Solution " to the issue is certainly not helping.

Namaste.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

A new day, a new threat from North Korea. Same thing have been going on for 50 years.

I think it is pretty safe to assume they are just being "North Korea" at this point, nothing to worry about.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I think that NK should be very careful on playing around with the worlds diplomatic and military nerves...

One day soon someone is going to wake up having one of those "jeez i can feel that this is going to be a bad day mood" and turn around to his military advisors and say "ok guys you have the green light bomb the sh*t out of them"!

Bit like Peter and the Wolf i think...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Bluffing it may seem, but they're testing nukes for real.

Whether they use them on SK or not, is a question of how many more bluffs we can hear from them until it tickles someones nerve endings a bit too much than....kaboom, splat.

I hope they shut up before things rough up for any comfort.

edit on 19-2-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Is it that time of the year already?
Man, that flew by quickly this time.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
There begging to be attack, even China is getting annoyed with them and when someone who has a huge influence like them says no to this behaviour there sitting ducks. I doubt Iran would join them either i imagine Mr Ahmadinejad is getting annoyed with there boisterous attitude as well.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I would have never guessed that the son of a drag queen could be so ruthless.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well they have been bluffing for years, which is the problem, you can only bluff so much before others realize your just full of #, but in their minds they finally have power and realize they may have to do more to earn the worlds respect. Humans naturally flex nuts to get others to follow suit. This is no different especially since they believe they are a super power now.

I for one believe they will strike causing WW3.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Just saw it on the news im expecting a nuke fight, lets hope it doesnt escalate into WW3.
*Puts on tin foil head*
edit on 19-2-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
if they do launch an attack on south korea the destruction of the north would be 20x worse than that of the korean war

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I'm not laughing anymore.

North Korea was almost funny with their loud mouths, if you would to ignore in your mind the misery those people go through every single day...

That was when they were attempting to become a nuclear armed nation. We could start a parallel discussion and picking details, discussing if they are technically there or not, or even if they have the ability to deliver those nukes, but in the end we must realize they are already there. This is not a joke anymore, they have developed their skills enough so that they can produce functional nuclear bombs.

Some people may still find this rather amusing and entertaining, but if you play attention to the way they are speaking to the World, it is in fact changing.

While I recall that most of their rhetoric in the past (with the father still in power) was hot air and nothing more than empty threats directed at "the puppets of the West", I don't recognize the pattern anymore.

They are no longer making empty threats, but actually threatening South Korea directly, during a UN meeting, and for the sake of being safe and not ending the world with a stupid nuclear war, we must recognize that they are starting to get the toys they need to be serious about it.

We have ignored for years their developments, and we have ignored their steps into nuclear armament believing sanctions would fix the problem.

They haven't, and they are going to fail even harder as soon as this rhetoric heats up. There is so much cornering that you can do to someone before they have no other option but to step in your direction.

Before NK had nukes, I would see them as a country with a big mouth and little fists.

Now, I see a desperate country that has a weapon that could unleash a international crisis as we have never seen before. We have seen nukes end a war, but we have never lived through a war that was started by nukes.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I find this quite scary actually, we have a leader that will proceed with nuke test when he knows all too well that other countries will react harshly to them. They are looking for someone to shoot first IMO. Then it will START.

But I sure hope not....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

even China is getting annoyed with them and when someone who has a huge influence like them says no to this behaviour there sitting ducks. I doubt Iran would join them either i imagine Mr Ahmadinejad is getting annoyed with there boisterous attitude as well.

China is showing a smiling face to the World when discussing North Korea, but they are actually in agreement. Just look at how China is behaving with Japan because of the island dispute.

They might have concerns, but their connections with NK allows China to understand which event might follow. NK warned the U.S. of the tests, so I'm assuming their dialogue with China is much more active.

In related news, Russia has already stated they will not support any further sanctions on North Korea, stating that China "shares the same feeling about it". They added that they might support policies that would help NK drop the nuclear program, but they said they will not allow any more pressure from the West.

Add all the situations and reports that have surfaced lately - like the statement from South Korea saying they will fire first and ask questions later - and this isn't as simple and transparent as it seems.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
China sent Cambodia 250+ military trucks/ armored personnel carriers / tanks.

America sends trainloads of vehicles to Vietnam to counter China.

Old island of Tinian....made a US National Monument...where the 2 nukes were loaded onto planes and used on Japan....America just got that old airfield working again and has been flying sorties.

Old WWII Airbase called "Northwest Field" on Guam next to the main airbase....also secretly brought back online to be used on Asia.

Australian General put in charge of US Army Pacific....chinese warplanners think that was a legal necessity if America put nukes in Australia with that small Marine contingent sent there...the nukes would have to fall under an Aussie General's command to appease Australian politicians.

Chinese are pooping their pants....

North Korea will be lucky if they have 6 million after this winter for a population. They're starving and eating each other.

Every year the North Koreans don't fight for their survival....is another year they lose a massive part of their population. Due to their location the waters their fishermen can access in the ocean.....have been heavily overfished by their neighbors so North Korea can't get food from the ocean.

They can't get oil to be able to run fishing boats further out to sea.....poor poor North Koreans are getting tactics used on them that is starving them to death.

And so far they're too chicken to fight for their own very survival. So they will die off.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
DOESNT ANYONE SEE A HEGALIAN SITUATION HERE?
THIS IS A CREATED SITUATION....OPPOSITES ARE BEING SET UP FOR THE CHAOS WHICH IS TO FOLLOW.....THE PROSPECTS FOR "REGIONAL CONFLICT"
HAVE BEVER BEEN BETTER......WE SHOULD HAVE SOME NEW CONFLICT FLARE UP SOON,AS THESE OLD ONES HAVE LOST MUCH OF THEIR NOVELTY.....
AND WE DEMAND NOVELTY ABOVE ALL...IT MAKES GREAT TV....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

It's probably a misinterpretation. Something was lost in translation!

No way Jung Un could be that stupid, especially after the smack down they got in the 50's. If he wants a repeat he knows where to find it.

edit on 19-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I've noticed that North Korea ramps up the bluster every winter. Their people are starving. I think it will come to a head soon. And I also think that China is behind it. But that’s just me.

I believe that NK is Chinas proxy and that they will use them to push things, just so that China can sit back at the UN and say, “Hey, I didn’t have anything to do with that.”

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join