It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Why do we ignore desiccation? Wouldnt they freeze at night, and then thaw during the day. this constant process for how many years? Plus the harsh dust storms?

Fossils or not they would not have lasted this long on the surface they would be dust by now.

Now if you find something buried deep beneath then ok. or if those "bones" recently just were naturally uncovered from just natural weather then ok.

thats not even counting natural bone decomposition.

edit on 19-2-2013 by FuturePeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by desertguy

(EDIT:I missed hitting the quote button. desertguy said in the post that he usually didn't comment on things like this. He did join in December, so he probably reads a lot here. Hi desert guy! When you post 10 more posts you can start a thread and educated us about the things you know or about the theories you have. Thanks for being the butt of my hahahaha here. No disrespect intended.)

hahaha, noit to diss you, but when I saw this you had 10 posts. So you usually don't comment on anything! Welcome to ATS, and enjoy the ride!
edit on 19-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I can see it!
but this will go away like all other things.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FuturePeace

Mars is not a vacuum. It's entirely plausible that these "samples" were eroded out of the surrounding stratum as early as a month ago. Mars may not be geologically active but it definitely has weather.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

If you look at the other pics from Sol 109, you'll find that these channels zig-zag all over the place with sharp angles. The pile of bones is along the same path, or at the end of one of these channels, so probably some eroded rocks.

My point is that there is a lot of erosion in the area and a lot of oddly shaped rocks. As much as I'd like for them to be bones, it makes more sense, due to the surrounding area, that they are rocks. Either that, or the place is littered with bones.

If the bone pile were in an otherwise smooth area devoid of unusual rocks, I'd be pretty impressed.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'll be the first to go out on a limb here and say that all rocky planets in this solar system are hollow, including many moons. The different life forms pictured here and civilizations thought to be long extinct on the surface could in fact be living comfortably in the planets interior. This would be supported by the various IFO's spotted by Curiosity, rather you believe they are actually flying objects or not, it doesn't change the fact that they have been pictured floating in an atmosphere that's supposed to be totally unoccupied.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I usually don't s+f threads, but this deserves one. Nice presentation and the pics really make one wonder. I still have trouble believing that Curiosity just happened to land "right into the mother load" of all kinds of stuff just scattered about...but some of those structures I cant see being "natural" either...unless Mars has some really weird habit to produce the weirdest rocks.
edit on 19-2-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Again: a great post, Arken!! Though, I'm not quite sure yet about the role of NASA/JPL, though I'd have to be careful about what I say.

I tend to believe that NASA/JPL is 'not' lying or covering something up, at least not in this case. The pictures are out there, the quality is (mostly) brilliant and you can even use GigaPan to navigate through that impressive footage. By the way: GigaPan was co-developed by NASA’s Ames Research Center and initially used to create panoramas of pics taken by Spirit and Opportunity.

So, in a way, perhaps they want us to use those tools and discover things by ourselves (in order for the public to get familiar with everything). Perhaps they prefer to not 'break' the news to a completely unprepared public. Also, imagine the 1.000.000+ 'additional pairs of eyeballs' that might help hinting at interesting stuff.

As for the MSL science team, they gotta do everything step-by-step and build a solid foundation for their assumptions. Here at ATS, it's already difficult to convince naysayers and critics. But imagine how much more difficult it would be to confront the global scientific community with such claims, solely based on visual evidence. They'd be torn to shreds and their reputation would certainly suffer. NASA couldn't afford to do that, so they need time. Time to drill, time to do APXS analysis, time to piece it all together and make their evidence 'bullet-proof' ...

By the time they're done with that, however, I fear we'll already have it all 'figured out'. Which is indeed kind of sad for the scientists at NASA/JPL. But it also means that all the excitement, all those breaking 'news', all the buzz will take place right here on ATS!! And I don't wanna miss that!!

Keep up the good work, Arken!!

edit on 19-2-2013 by jeep3r because: Text

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

One person in particular, Sir Charles Shults, ran a website for a number of years (MER Spirit and Opportunity) pointing out similarities between Earth fossils and some of the oddities that appeared, and were ignored by NASA, on Mars. he has since produced a DVD of his work. Info on the same follows:
URL: www.shultslaboratories.com...

MSL Curiosity produced a 'curiosity' early in its mission as well, as it detail in the story here:
www.gather.com...

Since then, there have been several others, not the least of which was that metallic-appearing item jutting from the rock that NASA chose to drive right by so they could drill into another, less interesting piece of Mars.

Finally, there was the 'macaroni' fossil found by MER Opportunity shortly after its arrival on the red planet. That particular item was immediately ground to dust.

Doesn't leave a lot to offer hope. NASA seems determined NOT to do whatever most any other thinking, curious person might, lol.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I found a NASA pic that seems to show a living dinosaur.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
They are what archaeologists call "stones"

Sheesh honestly, the ATS asylum has really been taken over by the lunatics lately.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Wishful thinking strikes again... that's all it is. There is no confirmation they found fossils. If there wree bones or fossils, they would be buried below because the sand storms and dust make layers and everything is hidden below.

Though I admit this isn't such an obvious rock or line of rocks as the rest of Pharaoh statue, pyramids, plants claims... but that;s it. If it were bones that would be news already

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by Arken

Finally, there was the 'macaroni' fossil found by MER Opportunity shortly after its arrival on the red planet. That particular item was immediately ground to dust.

Doesn't leave a lot to offer hope. NASA seems determined NOT to do whatever most any other thinking, curious person might, lol.

That "mararoni" fossil was the one that Richard Hoagland went on and on about and still goes on and on about. I'm surprised he doesn't post on ATS (Richard? Where are you?). It did look very interesting and yes, for some reason NASA went right over to it and drilled it out of existence, which, of course, Richard Hoagland went on and on and on about.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Here's my beef with this story:

Why in the world would NASA let these pics be released if they knew that these were fossils or bone? They do everything they can to cover things up, so this doesn't make any sense to me.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

I have never been one of the it's just rocks crowd. I think it's obvious that life will or will have existed on other planets

There's mountains of evidence pointing to this conclusion also origin of life on earth is just a pipe dream of convoluted nonsense.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a firm believer of ET life (even from a sheer statistics standpoint). Indeed, I believe the Universe is TEEMING with it. I even believe our own solar system harbors life on many different worlds (albeit more basic lifeforms). Why? Because we've seen that water is pretty abundant, and from Earth, water = life, even if just basic life. Also, we've shown that life can thrive in places we'd least expect. Life seems to be more of a rule than the exception. Intelligent life, on the other hand, may be more rare and widespread, but we don't really have a good basis for saying one way or the other yet. For all we know, tribes of mermen-like creatures may have medieval level societies in the oceans under Europa, for example.

That said, when looking at photos of Mars, usually, there is no compelling reason to think that a rock couldn't just be a rock that looks like something. In this case though, if just a rock, then the particular anomaly causing it to look like vertebrae did so repeatedly, and that's a hell of a coincidence. Not impossible, but it does make a compelling argument for further scrutiny.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
As much as I want to believe that they are fossils, I'm going to go with rocks until NASA pulls their heads from their rear ends and work on a robot/manned mission to actually take a look at these rock/fossil things.

I'm sure without going past the front page, you have the pareidolia people on full steam.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by Arken

That "mararoni" fossil was the one that Richard Hoagland went on and on about (...)
It did look very interesting and yes, for some reason NASA went right over to it and drilled it out of existence (...)

Were you referring to the event above??

P.S.: I'm certain 'fair use' applies when posting this image (pls don't delete, ATS!!)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enzo954
Why in the world would NASA let these pics be released if they knew that these were fossils or bone? They do everything they can to cover things up, so this doesn't make any sense to me.

Confirmed fossils/bones would be the best PR NASA could have - be assured they would pump zillions of dollars in new Mars programs once such a find would be made. So..why on Earth would NASA cover this up?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Dearest Power_Semi,

What a disrespectful comment coming from an ATS member... Lunatics!... (remember the motto "Deny ignorance"?) or have you forgotten why you decided to become a member?

Stones you say?

I will mention this yet again what are fossils? Go up a little further in the thread and read one of my posts if you wish, if you don't just Google fossils, there is a sh*tload of info out there on the web.

Personally i am very open minded about this particular thread as i think are most of the other open minded and intelligent posters so far.

Although i must admit... in other threads of which i will care not to mention, i would have easily suggested that certain peoples findings were just in fact naturally eroded rocks IMO

In my opinion the OP has gone out of his way and worked hard on showing his views and up until your post got under the chinks the discussion was going quite well... but, i guess if posting your reply gave you an intellectual erection, well, good for you.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
The "Pope" has resigned and even in the Holy See, The Catholic Church, The Vatican in Rome, admit the presence of other people and life forms out there. In the Glory of God.

Wrong again, how about posting a quote from the vatican where they admitted that....

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join