A UFO?

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I always find UFOs when I'm doing things like taking pictures of stars. Actually, for this particular picture, I just took a random picture of the night sky to see what I would get. I got something that is quite weird. For the first couple of pictures, I saw some background objects that didn't make sense to me. However, for these pics, the star in frame was bent - so that means I moved the camera while taking the photo. So...I disregarded those photos. But this one cannot be disregarded as that because the light is not bent. Rather, I see 4 points of light. It looks like it's two sets of two. There's two on one side, and two on another. After some editing, I started seeing what looks to be some kind of craft on the left side. I'll be posting the original photo and the edit. Feel free to leave any kind of opinions. The second light in the second set looks weird. It's kind of dark.

Edited photo
Original photo




posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67
 


That's an interesting photo. Did you notice any erratic movement or did you not notice this until after you viewed the pictures you took and siphoned out the "bent star" photos?

I'm no photo analyst but the 2 points of light on the left appear somewhat brighter albeit only slightly, than the 2 points of light on the right which makes me think it could be some sort of photographic artifact produced by the left set of lights.

I can't say its a UFO but it warrants a follow up. Maybe try remember the time, location and other variables and go out one night and try to reproduce a similar photo and see if you can eliminate celestial objects, constellations etc.

Interesting though, and they're only suggestions, it could be a UFO indeed. Perhaps someone else can chime in
edit on 19-2-2013 by yoursteppingonmytoes because: typo



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Shame it's so dark! (Obviously)

I can't really have any reaction other than that.



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Disappointingly ambiguous dots of what could be lights on a dark background.

With all due respect, thank you for the contribution, but, most of us have seen this same kind of photo/video more times than are reasonably quantifiable.

Please come back when you can walk up and touch the darned UFO. Otherwise, this is just more of the same nothing we see all the time that can be replicated easily by just going outside at night to photograph ANY point or points of light.



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The thing was only visible after my camera processed the exposure.

Time: 2:30AM



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
Shame it's so dark! (Obviously)

I can't really have any reaction other than that.


It was only visible after my camera processed the photo. That's the only reason why I saw it.



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Disappointingly ambiguous dots of what could be lights on a dark background.

With all due respect, thank you for the contribution, but, most of us have seen this same kind of photo/video more times than are reasonably quantifiable.

Please come back when you can walk up and touch the darned UFO. Otherwise, this is just more of the same nothing we see all the time that can be replicated easily by just going outside at night to photograph ANY point or points of light.



I cannot get much because it was only visible after my camera processed the exposure. To be fair, I only took a random shot. I wasn't expecting to get anything. I can only do so much - and if this is all that I'm able to get...then so be it.
edit on 19-2-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoursteppingonmytoes
reply to post by blahxd67
 


That's an interesting photo. Did you notice any erratic movement or did you not notice this until after you viewed the pictures you took and siphoned out the "bent star" photos?

I'm no photo analyst but the 2 points of light on the left appear somewhat brighter albeit only slightly, than the 2 points of light on the right which makes me think it could be some sort of photographic artifact produced by the left set of lights.

I can't say its a UFO but it warrants a follow up. Maybe try remember the time, location and other variables and go out one night and try to reproduce a similar photo and see if you can eliminate celestial objects, constellations etc.

Interesting though, and they're only suggestions, it could be a UFO indeed. Perhaps someone else can chime in
edit on 19-2-2013 by yoursteppingonmytoes because: typo


I will do a follow up. Yes, I only saw it after I viewed the images.



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Does anyone know a photo analyst? I would love to send those in. I'll send both photos into MUFON. See if they can do anything. I had submitted another UFO, but didn't get any response. It's been like a month.



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67
I always find UFOs when I'm doing things like taking pictures of stars. Actually, for this particular picture, I just took a random picture of the night sky to see what I would get. I got something that is quite weird. For the first couple of pictures, I saw some background objects that didn't make sense to me. However, for these pics, the star in frame was bent - so that means I moved the camera while taking the photo. So...I disregarded those photos. But this one cannot be disregarded as that because the light is not bent. Rather, I see 4 points of light. It looks like it's two sets of two. There's two on one side, and two on another. After some editing, I started seeing what looks to be some kind of craft on the left side. I'll be posting the original photo and the edit. Feel free to leave any kind of opinions. The second light in the second set looks weird. It's kind of dark.

Edited photo
Original photo


EXIF data
Sony DSC TX10 ISO 3200 focal length 17.7
1/6 of a second exposure to capture stars?
4x optical zoom (max eqiv to 100mm on 35mm camera)
Did you use a tripod?

Small sensor at 3200 iso a total noise fest no use for what you are trying to do!

Sorry to be blunt but your pictures are no use for image analysis.

Good star shots a micro 4/3 camera or an APS-C DSLR at 1600 -3200 iso for 20-30 seconds and you will have something to work with!

TX10 at 3200 studio shot

Zoom in on Martini bottle on left of picture look at coins at bottom of label.

Sony SLT A57 at 3200 APS-C size sensor

Compare!
edit on 20-2-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-2-2013 by wmd_2008 because: info added



posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008
 


I didn't use a tripod. I attempted to replicate the photo like one person requested - I failed. There was nothing in the shot. And it doesn't matter if you're blunt or not. I'm rather surprised that I got the photo that I did, considering the fact that I didn't see anything. And my surroundings didn't change. All the surroundings street lights were the same. They were all on, just like last time. It looks like the photo will not amount to anything - unfortunately. Still, it's interesting to say the least.



posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67
reply to post by wmd_2008
 


I didn't use a tripod. I attempted to replicate the photo like one person requested - I failed. There was nothing in the shot. And it doesn't matter if you're blunt or not. I'm rather surprised that I got the photo that I did, considering the fact that I didn't see anything. And my surroundings didn't change. All the surroundings street lights were the same. They were all on, just like last time. It looks like the photo will not amount to anything - unfortunately. Still, it's interesting to say the least.



Well what about some details location , direction , time date, part of the sky you pointed to


You camera has a tiny sensor to give you an idea how small it has a Sensor Size of 1/2.3 inch
Sensor Size (width) 6.16mm Sensor Size (height) 4.62mm
Tiny sensors like that produce lots of noise when used in low light and at a high iso 3200, you can see that in your pictures that's why I provided a link to show the difference when using a camera with a larger sensor you get less noise and more detail.

You probably have the double image of the dots of light due to camera movement during your 1/6 th of a second shutter speed.

Sorry by your camera is better for daylight holiday snaps not low light high iso night shots.



posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by blahxd67
reply to post by wmd_2008
 


I didn't use a tripod. I attempted to replicate the photo like one person requested - I failed. There was nothing in the shot. And it doesn't matter if you're blunt or not. I'm rather surprised that I got the photo that I did, considering the fact that I didn't see anything. And my surroundings didn't change. All the surroundings street lights were the same. They were all on, just like last time. It looks like the photo will not amount to anything - unfortunately. Still, it's interesting to say the least.



Well what about some details location , direction , time date, part of the sky you pointed to


You camera has a tiny sensor to give you an idea how small it has a Sensor Size of 1/2.3 inch
Sensor Size (width) 6.16mm Sensor Size (height) 4.62mm
Tiny sensors like that produce lots of noise when used in low light and at a high iso 3200, you can see that in your pictures that's why I provided a link to show the difference when using a camera with a larger sensor you get less noise and more detail.

You probably have the double image of the dots of light due to camera movement during your 1/6 th of a second shutter speed.

Sorry by your camera is better for daylight holiday snaps not low light high iso night shots.


Yes, there's a bit of noise, but that doesn't explain what I got...and if I couldn't replicate it...that says something. In all the time of taking night time shots with this camera, that is the FIRST time I ever got that.
edit on 21-2-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67
 


A bit of noise, a LOT you mean do you have other examples of shots of stars etc you have taken with the camera


The TX10 has a max 2 second shutter speed that's not that good for what you want to try and do with the camera!



posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by blahxd67
 


A bit of noise, a LOT you mean do you have other examples of shots of stars etc you have taken with the camera


The TX10 has a max 2 second shutter speed that's not that good for what you want to try and do with the camera!


Yes I do. Would you like to see some of them?



posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The fact is...even though you can't make out what it is...it still seems kind of bizarre it would be there. I am NOT advocating it's some kind of alien craft or what have you. I'm just saying it's unidentified. Is there anything that could have those two "lights"(whatever they are)? Anything man-made?
edit on 23-2-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by blahxd67
 


A bit of noise, a LOT you mean do you have other examples of shots of stars etc you have taken with the camera


The TX10 has a max 2 second shutter speed that's not that good for what you want to try and do with the camera!


Yes I do. Would you like to see some of them?


Yes if you can post some!



posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67
The fact is...even though you can't make out what it is...it still seems kind of bizarre it would be there. I am NOT advocating it's some kind of alien craft or what have you. I'm just saying it's unidentified. Is there anything that could have those two "lights"(whatever they are)? Anything man-made?
edit on 23-2-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)


Well why don't you take a picture from the same spot in daylight and another at night to see if its noise or stuck/hot pixel on your cameras sensor.
edit on 27-2-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008
 


I already did. Nothing appeared.



posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by blahxd67

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by blahxd67
 


A bit of noise, a LOT you mean do you have other examples of shots of stars etc you have taken with the camera


The TX10 has a max 2 second shutter speed that's not that good for what you want to try and do with the camera!


Yes I do. Would you like to see some of them?


Yes if you can post some!


Do you want me to email them to you? They're too large to upload onto ATS.





top topics
 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join