It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Plants" in internet forums

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
It gets even more fun. There is one particular person who likes to come around every so often and engage me in conversations the basis of which are "Why won't you admit you work for the NSA?"

To which I reply, time and time again, "Because I don't???"

Of course you don't, you work for GCHQ. NSA doesn't generally hire foreign nationals.

I can't believe how parochial some accusers are, they really should understand the security agencies of other governments and that the NSA isn't a worldwide organization everyone belongs to. But then, half of ATS probably believes the NSA is like what you see on "Enemy of the State", which was a very entertaining movie for people in the community, I'd expect.

So, Heff, have we ever met in one of those UKUSA get-togethers? When were you stationed at Pine Gap or Menwith Hill? Maybe we were there at the same time.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how self-important people feel, even to the point of believing anyone in this self-absorbed, hedonistic world we live in today, could give a damn about another...

paraphrased quote of the typical conspiracy theorist - "The -------- (BIg Brother, NWO, insert preferred term here) is out to kill us all!!! They are using ------ (Chemtrails, fluoride, insert preferred method here) to do this!!!"

HELLO McFLY!!! Anyone out to kill you does not give a !@#$ about what you are doing sitting in your mom's basement typing at a keyboard...

All this talk about ATS being some bastion or forefront message board deserving of attention from high-falootin nutjobs in the ____ (NSA, CIA, insert preferred nutcase government organization initials here) is just that...just like any other ghost story...started by the founders, designed to get more clicks and interest in order to generate more ad revenue...

Capisce?
edit on 8-4-2013 by totallackey because: clarity

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Surely a rocket scientist is not needed to point out the spread of information is much faster than it was five/ten/fifteen/twenty/thirty/forty years ago, correct? The average joe, with a smartphone in his hand, has more news-making capability in the palm of his own hand, than did an entire newsroom when I was born: not to mention, more computing power than that used to launch Apollo...

It should surprise no one there are more reports and sightings of UNUSUAL events...note the word UNUSUAL...because that is what they...they are not the norm...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
It never ceases to amaze me how self-important people feel, even to the point of believing anyone in this self-absorbed, hedonistic world we live in today, could give a damn about another...

paraphrased quote of the typical conspiracy theorist - "The -------- (BIg Brother, NWO, insert preferred term here) is out to kill us all!!! They are using ------ (Chemtrails, fluoride, insert preferred method here) to do this!!!"

HELLO McFLY!!! Anyone out to kill you does not give a !@#$ about what you are doing sitting in your mom's basement typing at a keyboard...

All this talk about ATS being some bastion or forefront message board deserving of attention from high-falootin nutjobs in the ____ (NSA, CIA, insert preferred nutcase government organization initials here) is just that...just like any other ghost story...started by the founders, designed to get more clicks and interest in order to generate more ad revenue...

Capisce?

Eesh! Relax brother, take a deep breath... chemtrails, fluoride, ghost stories, tons of derogatory terms... You OK?

Sounds like the rantings of Alex Jones, or this thread has hit a nerve...

Let me guess: Hard Monday, had to vent somewhere?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Not hardly...

Like I wrote, these stories are just that...stories and figments of an overworked mind...

This type of thinking can lead to serious mental illness...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by woodwytch
I have to admit I am curious because I can't begin to imagine what I might have written on here that would prompt anyone to believe I was a plant / shill etc. but it was quite nice to think someone out their thought that my scribblings where important enough to question. lmao

Woody

Well, it was likely a well-crafted rebuttal to some sort of near-lunacy. That generally will earn you the shill award - it's easier than the other guy giving up his position or defending it adequately.

Not agreeing with someone on ATS often provokes this reaction:

SHIIIILLLL!! SHILL! SSSSHHHIIIILLLLL!!!

Yes, Not agreeing with someone on ATS often provokes this reaction - mostly by shills.

Posting an inflamatory picture that is meaningless and useless to furthering the discussion is an insult to ATS.

"generally", hmm, without giving any example or any argument to support your statement. Maybe you're not trying to further the discussion, just to create a emotional response.

And Woody,
why don't you link where that quote is coming from? Just claiming somebody said something, and not even naming the source?

I wish this discussion was taken a little more serious.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Serious discussion? On ATS?!

This is a conspiracy theorist forum where we discuss aliens, ghosts, UFOs, abductions, predicting things that're just around the corner that don't pan out, chemtrails, financial collapse that never happens, etc.

Suggesting that any agency or organization would be interested in *any* poster here or elsewhere on the net is a pipe dream for the lonely basement dwellers desperate for attention, with a need to feel important in an empty (to them) world.

Why would the Government ever care about the consensus or opinion on any particular issue on this forum, or any other for that matter? They are busy working in the real world on real issues of national security.

Just ask Totallackey, he's been there done that, thinking any of the above could possibly be true can lead to mental illness.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I believe anything is possible today; one just needs to look at mainstream media and watch the propaganda they are dishing out daily. If our media is excellent in spinning propaganda, wouldn't it be possible that certain government corporations hire key-board Ops to infiltrate social media and blog forums over certain events that our government are involved in and do not want the truth out. There are many ways to squash bloggers from discussing important topics and the main one I see all the time is the term called “Railroading.”

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

And Woody,
why don't you link where that quote is coming from? Just claiming somebody said something, and not even naming the source?

Well you sound a little touchy on this subject

The reason I didn't add a link to the quote is because ATS frown upon members putting any links on here to the GLP website ... and that is where the quote was written.

Now that you have that important piece of info under your belt you might also begin to understand why I find the whole subject hilarious and have to wonder why the he!! anyone would take anything from that site seriously

And now that I have replied with a slightly sarcastic undertone I guess I have just revealed myself as a dyed in the wool 'shill' ... dammit I'm really bad at this job TPTB will be docking my fee again (*joke just in case those with no sense of humour were wondering)

Woody

CX

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

And Woody,

Well you sound a little touchy on this subject

The reason I didn't add a link to the quote is because ATS frown upon members putting any links on here to the GLP website ... and that is where the quote was written.

Now that you have that important piece of info under your belt you might also begin to understand why I find the whole subject hilarious and have to wonder why the he!! anyone would take anything from that site seriously

And now that I have replied with a slightly sarcastic undertone I guess I have just revealed myself as a dyed in the wool 'shill' ... dammit I'm really bad at this job TPTB will be docking my fee again (*joke just in case those with no sense of humour were wondering)

Woody

I can vouch for Woody on that one, have seen the thread myself.

CX.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Yes! Since I obviously disagree that many ATS posters are paid shills, I must be one. Paranoia strikes deep.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

ATS has few.

Just a few not many.

Mostly PR firm employees(pushing guns are bad narrative) and political operatives(remember election season?).

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Good comments. Speculation that the 'NWO', which I think should be 'Notional World Order', thru it's 'front' agents, the Government, (State and local do apply now in the US - DHS/Patriot Act/DHS Regional Fusion Centers) are 'ghosting' us all on the internet is in fact true. I'm sure about the whole NWO conspiracy with regard to controlling every single human on the planet, not do-able. As far as controlling money/influence/favors/debts with regard to the economic health and welfare or conspiring to gain access to new markets , resources, technology I am certain that the 'Fat Cats' (bildebecks?) do in fact run rough shod over the rest of the world population, to grab as much of everything that they can. ,They're 'raised' to do that, like it or not, on our planet, '$' talks, BS walks! Interestingly, I wonder how many, as I do, realize there is probably a lot higher probability that our jaunts on the interweb are as highly monitored and exploited by PRIVATE companies, looking to make that buck, and crush they're competition. Corporate espionage and information warfare are JUST AS NASTY! as what the government does, sometimes a lot worse. Welcome to the information age

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
Serious discussion? On ATS?!

This is a conspiracy theorist forum where we discuss aliens, ghosts, UFOs, abductions, predicting things that're just around the corner that don't pan out, chemtrails, financial collapse that never happens, etc.

Suggesting that any agency or organization would be interested in *any* poster here or elsewhere on the net is a pipe dream for the lonely basement dwellers desperate for attention, with a need to feel important in an empty (to them) world.

Why would the Government ever care about the consensus or opinion on any particular issue on this forum, or any other for that matter? They are busy working in the real world on real issues of national security.

Just ask Totallackey, he's been there done that, thinking any of the above could possibly be true can lead to mental illness.

This. Exactly what I was thinking. Seriously - I would guess that a minimum of half of the threads in this website end up debunking themselves without the need for any of us shills/debunkers/paid disinfo agents. For example, 2012 threads anyone? And the name calling, in my experience, usually comes from believers in < insert conspiracy here> and is directed to those who don't agree. I lost count of how many times I have been called stupid (and all of it's synonyms) as well as shill/debunker/paid disinfo agent for not believing aliens visit earth.

We are a conspiracy theory website. The government has said people like us are nutjobs, so the average Kardassian watching, McNugget eating person will dismiss us as such. There's no logical need to pay people to be shills on ATS.

If anything, "they" truly don't care what we say here. Believing that the government of any country gives one little pebble of crap about us is the height of arrogance.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by Bedlam

ATS has few.

Just a few not many.

Mostly PR firm employees(pushing guns are bad narrative) and political operatives(remember election season?).

I must have missed it - I try never to go into political threads. By the "shill rules" I guess that PROVES I'm a shill - since I don't visit them all equally.
edit on 10-4-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

And Woody,

Then why don't you think of something else, something better to make your case?

And now that I have replied with a slightly sarcastic undertone I guess I have just revealed myself as a dyed in the wool 'shill' ... dammit I'm really bad at this job TPTB will be docking my fee again
Woody
Shills have a monopoly on sarcasm? Humor and sarcasm have their place in certain areas of life, but not in scientific research, for example, and also not in certain other serious discussion. You don't believe this is a serious discussion, then why do you post here? Nothing better to do with your life?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

And Woody,

Then why don't you think of something else, something better to make your case?

And now that I have replied with a slightly sarcastic undertone I guess I have just revealed myself as a dyed in the wool 'shill' ... dammit I'm really bad at this job TPTB will be docking my fee again
Woody
Shills have a monopoly on sarcasm? Humor and sarcasm have their place in certain areas of life, but not in scientific research, for example, and also not in certain other serious discussion. You don't believe this is a serious discussion, then why do you post here? Nothing better to do with your life?

Wow ... well that's me told good and proper by someone who obviously thinks they know everything ... so this lil'shill had better hush her mouth and sit quietly in the corner (taking notes and wait for her next government pay-cheque ... oops sorry that was my feeble attempt at humour in this serious subject again ... dammit I can't stop myself)

Have a nice life you serious member you !

Woody

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Thank you for keeping making my point - you sarcastic member you !

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

What no smiley face ... you know you want to !

Woody

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
** Closed - pending staff review **

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join