It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggest a new career for someone almost 40

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by HopSkipJump

Nice suggestion! If I could add onto it, you could also build a rock wall, highwire, zipline to compliment the camping sites and to take some of the camping boredom away! Make it a destination. Again, another one of my dreams that the wife and I are working towards.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Im 40 and just got a job back in october makin really good cash. Doesnt require a degree, I wear shorts, work when I want and Im pretty set. Private message me if you want to hear more, Im sure there is work in your area. I could never go back to 15 dollars an hour. NOT a pyramid scam or anything like that, this is honest work with good pay and this company is all over the U.S.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Become a self employed teacher showing how you are living of the grid, take your dream and turn it into reality, contact Nationa Geographic, Home and Garnden and pictch them a plan of moving some place that you want and have them Document everything so you can help the next person that wants to get off the Grid. Use the skills you have to get what you want. FOLLOW YOUR DREAM

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I really wanted to thank everyone for all your ideas and incoragement.

I good friend of mine had rented a farm in the Catskills and was doing all different things to cover the bills and our head. He even got free help by signing up to a program for a college were you provide room and board and students come and work on the farm for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately he opened a small vegetable stand in front of his barn and he had a very hard time with the police from the area . He was arrested and during the arrest the officer hurt his wrist so he was charged with assualt on a police officer. It was a terrible terrible situation.
After the court case was complete and he did community service and paid a fine he left to Bulgaria and swear he will never return. He was born and raised here.

Don't know where at rant/story just came from... Anyway I am going to read over the post and IM a few people I just really wanted to thank everyone again.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by navione

You're welcome!
I wanted to day that because you ARE welcome, and to bump your thread in case more folks have suggestions.
You see, threads like this not only help the original poster, but may even help others..
So here's to new horizons, for you, and perhaps others looking to change direction.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by navione

There's really not much in the way of making money by living rurally... Your best bet is to do so, but then commute to town, with a decent paying job...while someone else stays home and runs the farm/ranch, etc (especially if they can have a work from home job also). Career wise, always demand in healthcare...the higher your skills get, you'll never be out of a job...

It's the one path I wish I would have taken vs. business... With business type jobs, there's a glut of applicants, and you'll end up underpaid for your education, etc. In the day, was a good idea, but after the bubble burst...nope.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join