It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green 'Space' Slime Baffles Nature Experts

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I was going to warn you guys to stop investigating, but I shouldn't try to stop people. I'll tell you what it is. It's a form of fuel that's used in most alien spacecraft. The ship must have leaked it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

no. Its so the virus or bacteria can bond to a host mutate. Then create that gene that can be caught by multiple facets of life. If anything aliens are taking our dna and doing viral gene therapy on themselves. Using society as a piggy backing species for which to cultivate the perfect enviroment and situations that are otherwise rare happen on grand scale. You find that rarespawn that dosnt die and merges with it taking a few proteins from the viruses. And bam evolution. Could cause an onset of psychic anmals, people, Could cause a new eye color. you know anything is possible with viral gene therapy at this point.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Fascinating!
It looks like snot.

This is a new one on me too.

It looks a lot like the snot that came out of my nose only a few weeks ago in the cold morning here in lovely Blighty!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Read a fair bit about it, lots of explanations, and been found in quite a number of places. There was a video on youtube of some in Dartmoor.
Apparently, not sure if it was in the video, but it may just melt or turn to water when touched or collected.
Have to go look for some, but if anyone comes across any, collect a few samples. See if it lasts, or shrinks, or do any tests if you got the chemicals and equipment.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Very interesting thread OP!
I've read a few bits here and there about "star jelly", also know as "pwdre ser".

Swift as the shooting star, that gilds the night With rapid transient Blaze, she runs, she flies; Sudden she stops nor longer can endure The painful course, but drooping sinks away, And like that falling Meteor, there she lyes A jelly cold on earth.

- William Somervile, 1740

There is much speculation as to what it is. Some think they are caused by meteors or a phenomenon associated with them. Some believe it to be a bacterial mould or maybe a fungus but it is sometimes found in unusual conditions or surroundings. It's been found on grass, on logs, on rocks and even sometimes on peoples porches. Sometimes in large amounts sometimes in small, but they always have the same hue in color and consistency.

One theory is that some larger bird predators swallow their food whole and without chewing. It might be possible that a live frog empties itself (pee, poo, and egg packing material, breakfest...) inside the predator and causes the predator to vomit the frog and material. At this stage it is probably likely that the predator would then re-swallow the frog leaving no trace but the jelly unless it was spooked or disturbed after it had vomited.

Very interesting stuff and strange coincidence how in many cases it is found after a meteor.

edit on 19-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Theory: Meteor hits moisture rich atmosphere at an angle where it shoots across sky before it hits or blows up in the air... under that heat and pressure and the quick heating & cooling at high altitudes mixed with the meteors smoke tail condenses or gets heavy enough then falls as goop.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I would like to know if that jelly has antibacterial or antiviral activity. Imagine that some meteorites may contain dangerous bacteria that if allowed to enter the earths atmosphere could wipe out life on Earth. Obviously the question would remain who could encapsulate the space rock in this jelly before it entered earths atmosphere and were there any UFOs seen simultaneously

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Maybe its ectoplasm.

I think I've just been slimed!

Rebel 5

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
UPDATE

'Mystery Over 'Weird' Green Slime Solved'

'A green slime that was thought to resemble a mysterious mythical jelly that appeared after meteor showers has been identified as coming from frogs.'

So the site has now updated that the slime mystery has been solved :-)

Tony Whitehead, from the RSPB, said: "We've been delighted by the number of people that have contacted us about the mystery slime.

Devon vet Peter Green contacted the charity with a logical explanation for the slime.

RSPB reserve warden Tony Whitehead explained: "At this time of year amphibians are spawning.

"The spawn is held in a substance known as glycoprotein which is stored in the female's body.

"If the animal is attacked by a predator - herons for instance are fond of the occasional frog - it will quite naturally drop its spawn and the associated glycoprotein.

"This is designed to swell on contact with water, which gives the gelatinous mass we are all familiar with in frog spawn.

"However, if it's unfertilised, it is just the empty glycoprotein that is dropped - which on contact with moist ground will swell and give a clear slime-like substance."

heres the link -

Mystery Over Weird Green Slime Solved'

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

hehe so as I posted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

but everyone seems to have ignored it lol

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
Theory: Meteor hits moisture rich atmosphere at an angle where it shoots across sky before it hits or blows up in the air... under that heat and pressure and the quick heating & cooling at high altitudes mixed with the meteors smoke tail condenses or gets heavy enough then falls as goop.

that is a good theory, it actually make a lot of sense.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
Mystery Over 'Weird' Green Slime Solved

A green slime that was thought to resemble a mysterious mythical jelly that appeared after meteor showers has been identified as coming from frogs.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Well that cleared that up. thanks for finding and sharing. and DAMN THATS GROSSS!!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
DOUBLE POST SORRY
edit on 20-2-2013 by tluna1 because: double post

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I hope some members wont be disappointed that it was NOT identified as Slime-Mold.

Really wish the researchers would have thought, 'It's probably frog-spawn' before releasing the mystery-slime extravaganza to the world.. but hey. Any theory is a good theory as long as it isn't shoved down your throat as the truth without proof.

Yay for the amphibians that set us free.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Fimbulvetr

I agree its nice to get an answer
some may disagree with it and some may come up with different conclusions.

I enjoyed reading all the theories tho.

And who knows maybe there is such a thing a 'space' slime out there somewhere waiting to be found.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
We just found this story trying to find out about any green meteors in the area at this time... 2 nights before (Sunday17 Feb) we were driving from the M5 to Wells at about 11pm when we saw a very bright luminous green light streak overhead, north to south, before suddenly increasing in luminosity then going out. That would make it in the area where this slime was found. Thats too big a co-incidence to not be connected.
edit on 20-2-2013 by twinflameskiss because: typos

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Thousands of tiny little luminouse, jelly-like 'spheres' with a purple haze,laying on the ground in the middle of the dessert. Although uploaded 2/2/2013, could be similar but could very well demonstrate all the variety....but nothing of a meteor reported. Doesn't mean their wasn't.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CheeseCurd

CheeseCurd,

This story is already being covered here -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
If it's unfertilised frog-spawn then why has it been historically associated with meteor strikes? And why did the people who found it think that it was odd? Wouldn't it be something they saw all the time?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join