It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green 'Space' Slime Baffles Nature Experts

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
jsut test the slime and see what its made out of

is that so hard

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Foo_Lovers

if that's that case i retract my statement.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EndlessWhite

How shall we test it? What test would you like us to perform?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Perhaps these guys Radioactive decided to offload their ill gotten item?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
ITS THE BLOB!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
starwars explanation of "star jelly";

The exogorth, colloquially known as the space slug, was a gigantic species of toothed gastropod. They were silicon-based lifeforms that survived in the vacuum of space by making their homes in the caverns and craters of asteroids. They fed on the minerals of asteroids, various stellar energy fields, and mynocks (another silicon-based lifeform). The average adult space slug grew to about 10 meters in length[1], however their have been instances of near-kilometre long specimens[1]. Some slugs were known to continuously grow to sizes that rivaled capital ships in sheer bulk, with some weighing over a million kilograms.

wookieepedia

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the Creepshow bit was largely taking from HPL's Colour Out of Space...

The professors tried it with a geologist's hammer and found it was oddly soft. It was, in truth, so soft as to be almost plastic; and they gouged rather than chipped a specimen to take back to the college for testing. They took it in an old pail borrowed from Nahum's kitchen....

Looks like slime mold to me. There's lots of different varieties of it, but this variety is the strangest of the types as it looks gelatinous. We've seen it here in FL a few times, usually after a good rain.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdohbeatdown
I've read plenty of theories about life being seeded on earth by meteorites, ie, bacteria / protein pumps and organic material was first brought to earth from meteors.. Maybe this is the stuff?

Perhaps, as it lands in an already life filled world, it is quickly destroyed or integrated by other life, however... if it were to land on a life less earth, one with only the pre requisites of life, ie water and warmth, then it would survive and thrive.. and after 4 billion years.. man arises.

Lol.. god sperm>??? the earth is the ovary.
Makes a lot of sense to me!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
If I ever find any star Jelly I will have to see what it tastes like. Maybe it would be good mixed with strawberries and sugar and spread on toast
Studying Alchemy has got me into more than a little health problems over the years

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The Legionnaires bacteria can piggyback on protozoa to keep it alive.

Maybe they've airdropped the slime to trim the world population. Gives people something similiar to "pneumonia" and most of the hospitals wouldn't correctly diagnose it as Legionnaires bacteria.

Heck of a good way to kill off alot of people without anyone knowing the real cause isn't it??

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by bigdohbeatdown
I've read plenty of theories about life being seeded on earth by meteorites, ie, bacteria / protein pumps and organic material was first brought to earth from meteors.. Maybe this is the stuff?

Perhaps, as it lands in an already life filled world, it is quickly destroyed or integrated by other life, however... if it were to land on a life less earth, one with only the pre requisites of life, ie water and warmth, then it would survive and thrive.. and after 4 billion years.. man arises.

Lol.. god sperm>??? the earth is the ovary.

If it actually does come from a meteorite, panspermia is as good a theory for what this stuff might be.

God maturbates?

Is that in the Bible? 'And Lo...the Lord cracked one off on Sunday, as it was a slow work day...' think i remember reading something like that once.

You beat me to it; Panspermia it is..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I wonder if it's edible?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

Green 'Space' Slime Baffles Nature Experts

news.sky.com

A "weird" green slime said in folklore to appear at the same time as meteors hit Earth has been found in a birdlife park in Somerset. The RSPB have appealed for help in identifying the slime, which is said to be scattered on grass banks close to pools and lakes around Ham Wall Nature Reserve, near Glastonbury..
(visit the link for the full news article)

I think its plasma.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Looks like tadpole jelly.. maybe it houses life??

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I thought you were already like Superman, buddy. Haha
This stuff would likely prove to be more akin to kryptonite if ingested.

"Space Slime: part of a well-balanced diet!"

I'm sure the "experts" are hard at work on this too.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
i agree i would probably eat it and see what happens.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I just had another thought about what this could be.

What if it is some sort of liquid ozone. I know that liquid oxygen and such are very cold, but could this be some sort of mix of gasses found in the air/ozone that were compressed by the meteor entering the atmosphere?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I was thinking along the lines of something like the black goo in prometheus but then there would be DNA in it.

Anyway, I have never seen any of this goo anywhere in real life only read about it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
If you've ever watched the movie Creepshow...you know what it is:

LOL, it's been so long since I have seen that movie, but if I recall, he called it "Meteor #!"

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Mystery Over 'Weird' Green Slime Solved

A green slime that was thought to resemble a mysterious mythical jelly that appeared after meteor showers has been identified as coming from frogs.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join