It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green 'Space' Slime Baffles Nature Experts

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I am sorry but this is the first thing that came to my mind, when I saw the title of the thread.

I am sure that there is a reasonable explanation for the slime they are seeing, but the dot's haven't been connected yet.

edit on 18-2-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The Green Slime

Classic. Total classic.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Wow RealTruth, I just beat you by 6 minutes my friend. Another poster beat me by posting Gordy's meteorite from Creep Show. Atleast I got you before they got me my friend!
~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by Realtruth

Wow RealTruth, I just beat you by 6 minutes my friend. Another poster beat me by posting Gordy's meteorite from Creep Show. Atleast I got you before they got me my friend!
~$heopleNation

I was actually thinking maybe toss some Gummie Bears and Gummie worms in and I'll be the first to taste that stuff.

Who knows maybe it will make me like Superman.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Really great post, GeolgstCA831. Glad to have you here at ATS.

Personally, I don't know if you had a hallucination or not as suggested by another member.. but just because you saw something out of the ordinary that captured your attention for 30 or so seconds AFTER THE METEORITE was gone.. well, that just doesn't cut-and-dry mean it's false memory or hallucination IMO.

And den'... I see some corrections happening at the end of page 5.

Let's clarify. I'm sick of 'experts' stepping outside of their main knowledge-base to assert a THEORY that best-fits - but doesn't quite cover - the situation as the TRUTH.

Slime mold? That's a good theory as some of the others I've seen presented.. but I'm not convinced that's the end-all-be-all explanation until some tests are done and released to prove it's just that. Unfortunately, as shown earlier, the wiki page on Star Jelly has been modified very recently.. and well.. let's just throw into the garbage the fact that this blobby crap has been recorded as ??? for several hundred years..

it must be slime mold. Wait, no. There is no 'must'. Simply because we don't know (as it hasn't been tested), doesn't mean shove it into the nearest explanation and forget about it. That's how things get swept under the rug. Tsk tsk.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Slime mold?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, very likely.

Incredible how various are the slime mold species:

edit on 18-2-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

i read through the thread...well
ok..i guess its down to me...

looking at your images...
i noticed...
H G wells and other writers ..... have tried to mention this phenomenon...look at these examples

"In the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Volume two, Red Weed is being grown on earth again after the invasion, supposedly in order to lubricate the martian technology that has now become common. Large fields of it are seen in the north of Great Britain.

In the 2005 adaptation of War of the Worlds by Steven Spielberg, the red weed is portrayed as a form of fast-growing vine and is clearly intentional....

..Speculation from an SFX magazine suggests that the red weed was originally intended to be used as a breeding medium for the aliens, before the design team changed it to vine-like design. This speculation is also backed up by some concept art for the movie.

In the War of the Worlds graphic Novel, Red Weed is dropped as bio-weapon bombs from Flying Machines. they land on, and grow voraciously, on one unfortunate character....

....The plant is brought by the alien invaders to be used to areoform or mark their territory on Earth, and possibly be used as a food source

...(in the modern movie) The plant is fertilised by using processed human, or, in some possible cases, animal blood, which could be manufactured by a standard Tripod. The end substance is then sprayed across the areas intended for red weed growth, and the plants quickly grow on it.

Near the end (like in the book) the red weed turns white and can be crushed to dust before it can be closely examined.."

waroftheworlds.wikia.com...

interesting reads

www.canmag.com...

bit of fun lol
edit on 18-2-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I wonder what its heat resistance would be. Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdohbeatdown
I've read plenty of theories about life being seeded on earth by meteorites, ie, bacteria / protein pumps and organic material was first brought to earth from meteors.. Maybe this is the stuff?

Perhaps, as it lands in an already life filled world, it is quickly destroyed or integrated by other life, however... if it were to land on a life less earth, one with only the pre requisites of life, ie water and warmth, then it would survive and thrive.. and after 4 billion years.. man arises.

Lol.. god sperm>??? the earth is the ovary.

www.abovetopsecret.com... check out my thread i made. Yeah im thinking that's exactly what it was. But i bet you if someone touched it, it could infect someone. And theres a 1:00000000001 chance the person touching it will be genetically viable to have the genomes of the virus or bacteria synthisized and reprogrammed for evolution. So your whole it coming and then dying theory could be true. But i kinda doubt it. If it is bacteria. It too follows the same method. the odd 0.0013% viruse will remain and mutate. Now say a bird rolls around in that. carries it to some old man who likes to feed birds at a park. The old man Just happened to be genetically viable. He then gains *super powers* possibly. By a positive mutation of the viruses genome.

we are bio weapons.
edit on 19-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Run its the Friking Blob!!!
Im sorry i really couldnt resist that but that is realy wierd maybe it will have some type of bacteria or virus that will wipe out everybody on earth...not like we deserve the earth to begin with

Ok i figured it out ...remember those jellyfish like ufo's on the shuttle footage? maybe the meteorite hit one of those jellyfish ufo's?!? or several of them get hit everytime we go through the meteor showers events?!?

edit on 19-2-2013 by StumpDrummer because: had a brain fart and had to add the last bit of info

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Slime molds, not that uncommon and found all around the world. Nothing to do with space.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

reply to post by JayinAR

Like slime mold?

www.treesforlife.org.uk...
naturalsciences.org...

Looks NOTHING like it... lol

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by unb3k44n7

reply to post by unb3k44n7

Correction:
Sick of claims that experts are baffled.

Correction:
Sick of claims that nature experts are baffled.

Correction, sick of people claiming they are experts
edit on 19-2-2013 by tyltyl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Why does this read like a badly written 1950s scifi story?
I like the mold explanation the best.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Its just slurm

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Wheres a level 5 Cleric with 'remove disease' memorized when you need one...

Damn Halflings, always touching things they shouldnt.

Not sure if anyones mentioned it, but I was watching QI the other night and they had a bit about the hag fish on. What if the slime was the left overs of a Hag fish that was traveling overland a little (say between two sources of unconnected water), that was defending itself from something. Although i think they need water to produce their mucus, so it probably wasnt something like that... and it doesnt look the same, apart from being slime.

Could have been a small fall of Fortean rain, there have been accounts of slime falling, although its most likely slime mold as everyone else points out.

Ive seen similar stuff before myself and attributed it to some sort of fungi.
edit on 19-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: Cant beleive I misspelled halflings...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdohbeatdown
I've read plenty of theories about life being seeded on earth by meteorites, ie, bacteria / protein pumps and organic material was first brought to earth from meteors.. Maybe this is the stuff?

Perhaps, as it lands in an already life filled world, it is quickly destroyed or integrated by other life, however... if it were to land on a life less earth, one with only the pre requisites of life, ie water and warmth, then it would survive and thrive.. and after 4 billion years.. man arises.

Lol.. god sperm>??? the earth is the ovary.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Great minds think alike and all that.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
If not slime mold, could it possibly have something to do with the meteor's intense heat upon atmospheric entry? You know how when making Jell-O it sets up in the fridge? Could it possibly be from different substances in the atmosphere being cooked by the passing meteor, causing a chemical reaction and condensing into this slimy substance? Just a thought. Anybody with any kind of scientific experience to tell me if that's even possible?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
That stuff just looks weird. If it really does have some connection with the meteors I'd like to see if anymore starts popping up around the world.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Alright, I'll just say what everyone is thinking...

Will someone just step up and taste it already?

Cool find OP

Peace

I shall go and taste this goo. and it will bond like the T virus. Then i will gain super powers and be pure energy. At this point i will deconstruct old ruined buildings and fly them to the moon. Where i will layer it with metal. Then i will create a tower that will amplify my power on this death star moon base. Sitting in my diabolical electro partical magnifications array throne. I will command the nations of this world to play games of chess instead of war. If a country wants a feud. They can feud for 100 years in my presence. in my main chambers will be the chess tables of war. Where the leaders of this planet will not discuss bills. But take it out one on one via chess. Also i would command everyone to eat cheese, because its delicious. Also i would find cure for lactose peeps to enjoy my gift of cheese to all. Nachos, blue cheese, parmasian, cottage cheese. All of these will be gifts unto my people.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
A quick look at the comments underneath the sky news story seems to give us the answer. And it is rather gross,stag seman. The stags are rutting and depositing their seman . Makes sense and would account for sightings of the stuff through the ages.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join