It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tianyuan Man scientists unlock secrets of ancient DNA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Slayer, you're my own personal ATS jesus gautama.

Every time I see you post a new thread is like having a new chapter of a great tv show.
Keep at it man, great job as always.

(I specially like your take on the early times of mankind, awesome stuff!)
Cheers.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larry L

I don't understand why this is interesting. The only slightly interesting fact to me is that supposedly smart people stilll refer to American Indians as "Native Americans". They are no more "native" to this land than me (being white), Ahmed Abdulla or Tyrone Shulaces. It's well established historical fact (which I learned in grade school in the early 80's) that these self proclaimed "natives" migrated to North America from Asia over the Bering Straight when sea levels were much lower early in this (past) ice age, and worked their way south and east from there.

Your cultural and racial bias is showing through your preferential use of an outdated model.

You seriously still cling to the outdated notion that Indians walked to America over the Bering Straight? A few things to keep in mind are that there were at least four separate migrations, only one of which involved Beringia, and none of which involved "Native Americans". Native Americans developed here, in the Americas, in situ, from the raw materials that came through those migrations.

When you, Ahmed Abdullah, and Tyrone Shulaces have been here for a few hundred generations of change, development, and admixture, then maybe, just maybe, you can call yourselves "Native Americans". What comes out the other end of that meatgrinder will have developed here, natively.

And by the way wiping out all the amazing TRULY indigenous species to this land along the way that were either dangerous (in their perception) or useful to them including the wolly mammoth species, sabertoothed tigers, giant ground sloths, various species of giant predatory ground and aerial birds. I LOL when people reply to that with "No, American Indians didn't kill them off, they died because the ice age ended.". Which is a joke not only because most were too far south to be affected by the ice age either way, nor were they species overly affected by climate. But they also seem to forget that those species all seemed to survive all the previous ice ages ending just fine (same argument goes for the Polar Bear btw). The only difference this ice age was those "natives" being here.

You amuse me. First you denigrate the natives here as just being immigrants and interlopers like everyone else, but suddenly when you shift focus to another political agenda - i.e. "anthropogenic speciescide" or whatever you wish to label this peculiar fantasy on this day, you suddenly want to bestow upon them the god-like superpowers to be destroyers of species and worlds? That's just too rich.

BTW - it was those godless Russians who wiped out the wolly mammoths - they survived on Wrangel Island until about 4,000 years ago, long after your precious land bridge closed and all the "Native Americans" had hightailed it out of Asia according to your pet theories. Luckily, camels, horses, and a few other things had seen the future, and ran like hell the OTHER way across that land bridge, away from those god-like destroyers of worlds the Native Americans... otherwise there would be none today since they, like wolves, developed here but got the hell out of Dodge while the getting was good.

You seriously have the one-dimensional thought pattern that requires one to live on the edge of an ice sheet in order to be affected by it? Not very well versed on larger scale weather patterns, and their effect on habitat, are you?

Proof of universal karma. It'll catch up to all of us in the end.

One can only hope.

I got suspended from jr high school for stating these facts in a debate with a "native american" school mate durring lunch. People hate the truth.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Larry L because: (no reason given)

I think it may have been more in your delivery and inability to reason or learn that could have been the determinative factor in that episode, rather than your simple (or perhaps "simplistic") arguing of a point that was at fault...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by diqiushiwojia

Originally posted by Bybyots
I have to agree with Klassified, in that I know for sure the Chinese, well, some Chinese, are doing backflips every time their ball gets pushed further down their end of the field like this.

Yes, we do. Got a problem with that?

I can say that I don't have a problem with it - unless you have a problem with Thais or Koreans deciding that, based upon this study, Han Chinese are actually Thai or Korean, rather than the other way around, and China actually belongs to them instead of the Chinese... because the evidence isn't preferentially weighted in favor of China when one simply points out that all theses groups have some genetic material in common.

That wouldn't be much different than Kenyans laying claim to the planet because they have some of the same genetic material as the rest of humanity.

edit on 2013/2/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
i see a lot of people commenting that its interesting about the link with Native americans, Its been a well established theory and dont qoute me but i belive its been proven by DNA that they Native americans are linked to the asian populations and came down through the very north or the American continent and made their way progressively down the coasts over the next few thousand years after crossing a the Bering Land Bridge

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BeReasonable

Time frame and means of travel are open for debate and discussion. The Berring crossing is one scenario. Were there others and how far back does it go?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by diqiushiwojia

Hello my friend,

Sorry to keep you waiting. I was so happy to see your good natured, challenging post. No, I do not have a problem with the Chinese getting excited and showing national pride over these types of discoveries. I actually learned quite a bit today as I don't often pay much attention to physical anthropology stuff.

It is pretty clear who came over the Bering Strait. I have noticed that the quote in the OP only says 'Thai', I had somehow been left with the impression that the article had meant Malaysia and the Philippines, I must not have read carefully enough and ran away with myself. Malaysia, the Philippines, and even Taiwan were originally populated by Austronesians, that's what threw me.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join