It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 19 Y/O Son Just Saw A UFO!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by flana23
he watched hover for 10 minutes,didnt take a photo and drawn some dodgy stereotypical alien ufo... is this a prank?
No prank by me or my son. He was kind of freaked out. He is not a UFO buff. What he described sounded interesting so I thought I would share his experience. He was driving back to our little village from a larger town where he was putting in a job application. He is not a prankster. Especially to me. He was definately shook up when he called me and was staring at it...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Quite an astonishing eye witness account.

While I can not vouch for the credibility of the witness, it appears we have got a classic close encounter of type 1 here. While the drawing certainly is interesting, we're unfortunately left with basically nothing but the word of a single eye witness.

Personally, I would have tried to wave "them" over and asked for a ride.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5pooky
reply to post by homeslice

He sounded a little scared on the phone. Called his daddy to protect him ... lol

LMFOAAAAAAAAAAAa my coffee was spit all over the computer with that comment . geez think i will be laughing at that one all day thanks.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Thin, silvery, hovers for 10 minutes, bluish fog around it...

Sounds just like the moon last night.

earthsky.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
OP,
Interesting good stuff,
not sure what your son saw but was there anyone else that saw it too? Any other Drivers driving by?
Are you and your son going to go where he saw the UFO, I would be checking it out,

Have you seen a UFO and do you talk about UFO's with in your family?
edit on 18-2-2013 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I decided to pop in here even though I very seldom comment. I am always seeing people complain that there are no videos when someone sees something like this. i would just like to point out that not everyone has a camera or even a cell phone. I'm a 49 year woman and I don't own either. So I'm sure I'm not the only one! Sometimes things happen and we just have to take it on faith that it really happened. Or not!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSZOMBIE
Looks to me like a chinese lantirn that was set off by a local scout group in the local vicinity, I confirmed by calling the scout association. They where just 'goofin off' and accidentally one got caught in the wind and carried around a bit. They reported the incident in case anyone was alarmed, which they were. Ok shut er down.

reply to post by 5pooky

edit on 18-2-2013 by ATSZOMBIE because: (no reason given)

But how did you find out about this?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Sucks that most UFO sightings are at night, and photos of lights with a black backdrop usually show up like crap, so I don't doubt that issue. Just try taking a photo of a star, an airplane, the moon, and you will end up with the crappiest photos ever taken. What we need is night vision capable cameras, until that time we won't be exposing the secret government craft anytime soon, because that's what I believe these things are, they fly them at night for obvious reasons. Sounds like a classic saucer, I've seen UFOs but I've never seen a classic saucer, must've been pretty cool, you think they would have retired those old saucers by now.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

hi everyone!
Only reason I had to post this photo becouse I've been asked to do this but a little bit sceptic I am!
The story of this picture is may be surprising!
Ther are other six photos of this u.f.o but I only got one and I would share with you now.
All photos was shot from diferent angles from different gardens and people saying there is no fake, this object was floating in the morning sky over 3 minute before disappeard so there had enough time to let others know this is serously there.
Photos been taken in january at north russia and I still trying to find webside where this photo and all the others are from becouse this could be the most interesting galery and stable evidence since people started uploading photos on the web!
I was not sure if I should start a new topic or just link into one of these but if they are all exist than I will not disturb anyone I'm sure!
s20.postimage.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
sorry but not a convincing story at all!! rather than calling my mom i would take pic/vid for it!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by User961
sorry but not a convincing story at all!! rather than calling my mom i would take pic/vid for it!

What he/she said.
There is no way I wouldn't of got a video of this, What mobile phone doesn't have a camera on it these days, The first thing I would of done is reach for my phone and start recording, I was convinced I saw a ufo once, was flying around in the sky at different speeds and changing directions instantly and everything, I was shocked yeah but still the first thing I did was start recording a video of it, Watched it back and I'm now convinced it was a Chinese lantern or something, No excuses whatsoever to not get a pic or vid (unless you haven't got mobile on ya).

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

My exact sentiments.

I also find it rather peculiar that in this day and age with the abundance of cell phones that can capture high quality photographs and video, there is rarely (if ever) clear, convincing evidence of such sightings.
edit on 19-2-2013 by DubzChoomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

Did it go side to side like somewhat of a top of the sky, also did it look like it had spikes that wouldn't move. & was there a light coming from the bottom of it? U said he saw light coming from the side.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DubzChoomer

My exact sentiments.

I also find it rather peculiar that in this day and age with the abundance of cell phones that can capture high quality photographs and video, there is rarely (if ever) clear, convincing evidence of such sightings.
edit on 19-2-2013 by DubzChoomer because: (no reason given)

Again, the above two statements are why I LOATHE coming to ATS and reading or posting...

Where's YOUR photos of a UFO? Huh? What's that? Yeah, what I thought. Either you haven't seen one, and those who are somewhat close-minded and basic won't ever see anything that is super natural, different, or interesting. Or, you have seen one, and didn't get a pic/video EITHER.

I saw one, right along with a few other folks (and the sighting is documented on the web) and NO ONE posted a photo. I am a PHOTOGRAPHER and couldn't get one. You bet your ass I tried, and tried, and TRIED. But those pesky suckers just don't really want to be photographed. Even if I had caught it, I'd post it and it would probably would be called a hoax, CGI, Photoshopped, etc...I have a photo I took that I found something interesting in (whether it is a UFO, bird, lens anomaly, etc. I do not know) and I would NEVER post it on this site. The reason? See the quotes above as an example.

To the OP how awesome for you and your son. I can tell just by his drawing (mainly because of the way it is drawn, not the depiction itself) that he saw something, and I don't think it was a freaking Chinese lantern that the local Scouts let off one night over a freaking corn field...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

Would it be possible to examine the corn field to see if there were any crop circles left by the UFO!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I wish he had taken a picture or recorded a video.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I have TWO big problems with this, mind you, I am not saying the event didn't happen or whatever, because I simply don't know...

* So....he observes an amazingly clear UFO for 10 minutes but did NOT TAKE A PHOTO...and then brings some excuse that when he attempted to take a photo "it moved away"?

You know..I don't own a cell but I can GUARANTEE you I would have shot or at least "attempted" to take pictures in those 10 mins until the last drop of "juice" from the battery would be gone, regardless of how the pics would turn out. I have a very, very hard time to believe this - I mean he obviously had a cell with him for the entire time.

* Why an UFO has a blue "knight rider" light at the side going "weeee - weeee" left and right is entirely beyond me. This is not the very first time someone described an UFO with such light. What is the purpose? Is it a disco UFO? Was it on the way to a rave in the next town? Excuse my sarcasm there.

I have a big problem with two entirely contradicting things...this is A) that UFOs have the magical ability to always disappear and overall make it impossible for us to find evidence that they really EXIST - and then B) on the other hand they are equipped with "disco lights" which obviously only have one purpose to draw attention to them and look "cool"...UNLESS someone has an explanation why an UFO should have such a light....
edit on 20-2-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

And just when we were thinking, "we were all alone now".

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

Oh yea , A blue color by itself , not that color in particular but it doesn't surprise me as I've seen them with colors from orangish red & just so beautiful you couldn't take your eyes off them . Another blue, green, yellow & red pastels three with white lights that seemed to be something between Fluorescent & LEDs . It's amazing what can be seen out there if we spend more time looking , Now who's tech it is well that's a good question .
John

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Sorry guys. Has an old samsung phone with a 1.8 megapixle camera. I am sure if he knew he was going to see a UFO he would have take our vid cam. Anyhow, I just wanted to share this observation and see if anyone has had similar experiences. Thanks for reading.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join