It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News....Baghdad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The decapitated body of the recently siezed Japanese hostage, has tonight been found. It was discovered near to Haifa Street, which is on the west bank of the river Tigris. Iraq Police are presently at the scene being assisted by US Mil and ING.

You heard it here first!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Body found in Iraq 'unlikely' to be Japanese hostage

A body found in Iraq and sent to Kuwait for verification is unlikely to be that of a 24-year-old Japanese hostage threatened with execution, a Japanese government spokesman has said.

"The medical officers at the [Japanese] embassy in Kuwait examined the body and they concluded that it is not likely that it is the remains of Mr Koda ," Chief Cabinet Secretary Hiroyuki Hosoda said.

"His dental structure is completely different," Hosoda said.

www.abc.net.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Derrrrrr....wrong body! Just seen this one with my own eyes!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat

Do you have a link Billy?

Sanc'.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

Do you have a link Billy?

Sanc'.

Billy is there, Sanc...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Sorry BillyTheCat

I should have done some homework before 'gobbing off' about a link. My mistake.

Sanc'.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
No problems mate. It will be released by AP, but I doubt that they will show any of the footage.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just posted a bit ago by Reuters.

www.reuters.co.uk...
they believe that it's the body of the Japanese hostage, but it has yet to be identified.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Its him........without a doubt. I saw his face.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
FromAP

Officials quoted residents as saying the body was found wrapped in an American flag.

An al-Qaeda-linked group led by Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi showed the 24-year-old Mr Koda on a video posted on a militant website last week.

The group had vowed to behead him within 48 hours unless Japan withdrew its troops from Iraq. Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi quickly rejected that demand, saying he would not give in to terrorists.

and

A different body was found yesterday by US troops between the towns of Tikrit and Balad, raising fears it was Mr Koda's. But doctors later determined it was not him.

www.news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Okay... for clarification, we have the bodies of two men of aparently Oriental extraction (this confused me until I read the news story.)

The first one, with no head, was found earlier and determined not to be the Japanese hostage. The second one (with the head placed on the back of the corpse) seems to match Japanese hostage Shosei Koda.

Appreciate the postings, folks. Please continue to post and link to updates of the story.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Interesting...where did you hear or see that the head was placed on the back of the deceaseds body?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
They found a Japanese body wrapped in a US flag while I know they are a coalition partner of the US and others Why our flag in particular.

The terrorists claimed the Japanese where commiting their own offenses towards the terrorists and they where being ordered to withdraw or else.

Not to mention no other body was found wrapped in an American flag where they.

new topics

top topics

join