It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was UFO Spotted Over Avalon Marshes Similar To Meteor Fireball In Russia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Photo Credit: Annie Henderson
This Is Somerset UK

Captured over the Avalon Marshes nature reserve at Shapwick Heath last Wednesday, these pictures of a curious light in the sky have many people baffled.

The pictures were snapped at the bird sanctuary by Annie Henderson who lives on the Somerset Levels.
Unlike the usual blobs of light, which can be explained away as the contrails of distant jet aircraft, Chinese sky lanterns, weather balloons or passing satellites, the distant light appears to be burning up with flaming gases shooting off its form.
www.thisissomerset.co.uk...

There are 14 photos there at the site, I embedded only the first one to show the object.
Photos were reportedly taken with a Sony DSLR camera.
This is curious, it appears to be taking off upwards?

Thoughts?
edit on 16-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Note that sunset time in Britain (according to google) is 5:19 pm.

The object was photographed at 5:25 pm, so just after sunset.

Therefore, I'll say its an aircraft contrail, as we see in many threads here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
A bit more investigation with flightradar.com.

Looking for a flight that was appraching the skies over Avalon Marshes on that day at that time,
from a westerly direction,
but would be passing slightly south.

Turns out a FedEx flight from Memphis (USA) to Colonge (Germany) fits the bill perfectly.
Flight FX5384, 37000 feet, Boeing 777-FS2.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thanks for your comments,

I dont think this is an aircraft, I dont see any wings.
The trajectory does not match up in any of the photos, thats just my opinion.

What was the source for the pic you posted?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Ascending, and similar to a ghost rocket...

The strange object pictured here was seen ascending over a bird sanctuary in England at 5:25 PM local time Wednesday. The object has an appearance uncannily similar to a ghost rocket that was photographed over Newfoundland on January 25, 2010.

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I agree with alfa1 that it does look like a sunlit contrail , unfortunately it seems that the only picture available is the cropped one so we have no context for the picture nor do we know if that's its original orientation .

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Let's take a closer look.
-------------------------------------------------------------->

First what came to mind were these paintings here.
-------------------------------------------------------------->

"This 14th century Crucifixion, a fresco in the Visoki Decani Monastery in Kosovo, is, like the previous one, considered a UFO-painting. The two strange objects at the sides of the cross are considered to be the UFOs"

Or that?
------------------------------------------------------------->

The classics

I still go with the "Sunlit Contrail" explanation for this one

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Photo Credit: Annie Henderson
This Is Somerset UK

Captured over the Avalon Marshes nature reserve at Shapwick Heath last Wednesday, these pictures of a curious light in the sky have many people baffled.

The pictures were snapped at the bird sanctuary by Annie Henderson who lives on the Somerset Levels.
Unlike the usual blobs of light, which can be explained away as the contrails of distant jet aircraft, Chinese sky lanterns, weather balloons or passing satellites, the distant light appears to be burning up with flaming gases shooting off its form.
www.thisissomerset.co.uk...

There are 14 photos there at the site, I embedded only the first one to show the object.
Photos were reportedly taken with a Sony DSLR camera.
This is curious, it appears to be taking off upwards?

Thoughts?
edit on 16-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

Doesn't look like a plane. Contrails seem closer to the side than following, like a commercial jet. Strange that some pics following the Russian "meteor" also had a double contrail. Also strange that these things are appearing all over the world the last few days - Somerset UK, San Fran USA, Japan, Cuba, and of course Russia. I get a feeling something is afoot, there's more to the story than unrelated instances of these things, whether man-made or not.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The answer is eber so plane!

The meteor blast over Russia was experienced by thousands. They are offering rewards for cogent remnant artifacts.
Such a blast must have created tremendous heat so there should at least be some glass near ground zero?

UFO over Avalon marshes, experienced by 1, no mists claimed, nothing hyddan?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

There are more pictures.
The OP gave us a link.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Please visit the website, it has 14 pictures available. I cannot save them,
they are protected. So yes you can go view them, please do.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Snaffers

Thank you for embedding those photos!

I was only sucessful with the first one.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Please visit the website

Hi burntheships
I went to the site but nothing happens when I press next on the gallery , probably something I've got in Firefox stopping it .

I still think the likelihood is sunlit contrail given the pictures posted by Snaffers .

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Oh, ok well then I guess you are missing out, as there are 14 awesome photos
of this. May I ask, you think sunlight contrails from what? There are no wings,
so this could hardly be an ordinary airplane.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

May I ask, you think sunlight contrails from what? There are no wings, so this could hardly be an ordinary airplane.

I think a plane maybe passenger maybe military .
I think it looks the way it does due to a combination of time of day , distance of object and this ....

Annie, who is a wildlife photographer, only had a small lens with her for her Sony DSLR camera

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by burntheships
Ascending, and similar to a ghost rocket...

Ascending?

How would an aeroplane appearing over the horizon, heading directly to the opposite side, passing over your head, look? It would look like it was rising vertically.

A "ghost rocket"? What's a "ghost rocket"?

About the 14 photos, it could be just one, the other 13 do not add anything useful.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 17/2/2013 by ArMaP because: changed "reocket" to "rocket"

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I think a plane maybe passenger maybe military .

Thanks for your suggestions, I would agree it is some military craft,
and agree, contrails hitting the sun....like this one

----------------------->>

Originally posted by Snaffers

The classics

I still go with the "Sunlit Contrail" explanation for this one

Yep, I cannot help but see that extreme resemblence.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

A "ghost rocket"? What's a "ghost reocket"?

Hi ArMaP

I am not familiar, going to go research the ghost rocket incident.
I think the other photos are very interesting.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ok, so the story goes about the ghost rockets...

".the object is not a ballistic missile, a cruise missile or a licensed model rocket launcher.
"

And specifically the one from Newfoundland.

Immediately after World War II, Sweden was mystified by the appearance of so-called 'ghost rockets,' and now something very similar has appeared over Newfoundland. There were around 200 Swedish ghost rocket incidents, with radar returns and fragments found. But there was never any explanation for the phenomenon, which had disappeared by 1947.

As was the case in Sweden, there has been an extensive government investigation of the Newfoundland ghost rockets, and, once again, there is no explanation. The Canadian National Defense and Canadian Forces Directorate of Scientific and Technical Intelligence evaluated the images and reported that the object is not a ballistic missile, a cruise missile or a licensed model rocket launcher.

The objects were observed by a number of witnesses near Harbor Mile on the south coast of Newfoundland on January 25, and one resident got a picture. She reported that it appeared that the object had come up out of the water. Canadian authorities eliminated the possibility that it was a submarine-launched missile because the shape and length of the flame were atypical for a missile launch. The North American Aerospace Defense Command had no information on the objects, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police called the event "an unexplained sighting." To learn more about the Swedish ghost rockets click here.

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Guess what...now.

Green 'Space' Slime Baffles Nature Experts

news.sky.com

A "weird" green slime said in folklore to appear at the same time as meteors hit Earth has been found in a birdlife park in Somerset. The RSPB have appealed for help in identifying the slime, which is said to be scattered on grass banks close to pools and lakes around Ham Wall Nature Reserve, near Glastonbury..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its appearance has coincided with a meteor strike in Russia and the harmless fly-by of an asteroid at a record distance from Earth last week.

The public are being warned not to touch the mystery substance, and to inform nature reserve staff if they spot any.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join