It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions raised about Bush's mental and physical health

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There has been much speculation regarding Bush's state of mental health. Some have argued that he's just plain dumb, that he's a dry-drunk, suffers from pre-senility, dyslexia or that he has suffered a mild stroke.

The speculation is not unreasonable considering he is our president and considering his sometimes strange behavior.

Looking into his childhood, as a Christian, I cannot avoid feeling a measure of compassion for little Dubya. I know what its like to be a kid and to suffer an early, deep loss like the death of his sister and to be in the company of adults who are as cool as ice and distant. It hurts. It had to have marked him.

Bush's legendary affability won me over in 2000, I have to say. He seems genuinely good-natured. However, over the course of these four years, another very dark, snarky side of him as come to light. His affability may be a defense mechanism he has developed and relied upon throughout the years to get him through situations that he feels threatened or anxious by. That is natural.

I do not think he is dumb, per se. If he were, there is no way he could have managed to get through Andover, Yale, Harvard and flight school. It's just not possible. All the money in the world cannot buy a man a safe landing. And no man who is dumb can get to that point.

Is he a dry-drunk? I don't put much stock in that.

Is he sadistic? Afterall, he did blow up a frog with a firecracker when he was a young'un!
Blowing up frogs as a child does not make a man a sadist. A lot of bored kids who grow up in the country do the same stupid things. Now, mocking a fellow Christian's plea for forgiveness and a stay of execution (Carla Faye Tucker) is beyond deplorable. That tells me that his Christian roots have not grown too deep, as he would have us believe.

Why does he mangle his words so? Does this mean he suffers from dyslexia or some other form of neural disorder? No. I do not believe that is the case with him. From what I have heard straight from the horse's mouth, I would say he usually only displays his dyslexicon when he is speaking about things he dislikes, is unknowledgeable about or truly knows to be untrue. When he's lying.

Now there is the question regarding whether or not he had a mild stroke or something of that nature. Remember the pretzel incident? This is one to ponder...

Was he wired during the first debate? After his performance, A friend turned to me and said, "well, considering his piss-poor performance, I guess he couldn't possibly have been wired!" I had to agree on that one. Later, I learned that there is, in fact, a medical device one wears that is some kind of difibrillator (again pointing to the possibility of a health problem).

A couple of NASA analysts have studied the bulge in question and offer this:

NASA photo analyst: Bush wore a device during debate
Physicist says imaging techniques prove the president's bulge was not caused by wrinkled clothing.
www.salon.com...

A problem with his heart doesn't have anything to do with his head, of course. One other interesting point to mention, healthwise, is he has avoided having his yearly physical until after the election. Why? The president's people claim its because they're busy campaigning, but that doesn't wash. A president's health should be a TOP priority. What is one day? That's all it takes.

Considering the heavy stakes of this election and who his running mate is, I believe it is highly relevant to consider these things. What if Bush died in office? (Tecumseh's curse is still in effect, as far as we know.) Dick "Dr. Darko" Cheney would ascend to power and become a most unstoppable tryant, for sure. That should scare the hell outta everyone.

Here is an article I came across discussing these issues. It's worth taking a look at, at least.

Questions raised about Bush's mental and physical health

By Bev Conover
Online Journal Editor & Publisher

October 30, 2004�Are there no decent Republicans in Washington who will publicly state, before next Tuesday's presidential election, what has been conveyed in late night phone calls, whispered about in the halls of power and hinted at to reporters: that George W. Bush is mentally unstable?

Say what you will about George W. Bush as occupant of the White House, but pity the man because he is a mental mess.
www.onlinejournal.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Bush has definitely been displaying some behaviors that would lead one to think that he has some mood stabilization issues:

He looks a little strange in this one:

Look how the left side of his face droops down:

This one was taken after he "fell off his bike":

The President has definitely been entertaining, but at what a cost! If he has some type of illness that is interfering with his job, one would there that there is some form of employee assistance program!

MK

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I was under the impression that George W. Bush, like Bill Clinton, likes to exercise daily. Where Clinton did some running (W. runs too), the current President also has a weight room where he exercises with the help of a professional trainer.

However, people will remind me that Clinton may have run every day, he still ended up having a quadruple bypass. That, in good part, is because of his fondness for fried stuff and junk food (by the way, have you guys seen how Clinton looks since his bypass? He didn't use to look his age... now he does
)

So the other question is, does anyone know what George W. Bush's diet is? I know he enjoys the services of a French chef, but other than that...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts

So the other question is, does anyone know what George W. Bush's diet is? I know he enjoys the services of a French chef, but other than that...

How dare you accuse him of that!

He has been described as loving Mexican food.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Bush has definitely been displaying some behaviors that would lead one to think that he has some mood stabilization issues:

It has been reported recently that the president was placed on some very heavy drugs. I think the explanation was anxiety and depression. Probly something like 'ludes to calm him down. We all know how huffy he can git.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Although I don't think he is the most intelligent president in history, I do not think he is stupid. I can tell he has problems vocalizing his thoughts into clear sentences...perhaps a form of dyslexia?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Some point to that. Whenever he talks tuff, like on hunting down terrorists or whatever, he rarely stumbles. Anyone else notice that? It's only when he gets nervous or when he says something that's patently false: Saddam has weapons of mass destruction.. A better example was several months back, he could NOT, and I mean NOT, say Abu Ghraib to save his life. It came out strangely like.. A-boo Gra-oob. And that was the best he could do. Talk about cringe city.

or..

He recently stumbled bigtime by saying that we would NOT have a volunteer military force. Methinks he has trouble keeping his subconscience
under control.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
LOL...I have noticed him stumble whenever he has to pronouce a word that is made up of more than 3 syllables...

[edit on 10/30/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I believe that the president's(elect) health should play a very, very important factor on the election! We as the American people have a right to know if the man we are voting for has a chance of a mental break down, the chance of becoming mentally incompetent, or just incapacitated! Bush elected to post-pone his yearly physical....something to hide? I dont like the fact that the American people do not DEMAND answers, this would be the difference of who would run this country in the event something happens to the Commander and Chief! Also, I am very familiar with mood stabilizing, and anti-depressant medications, they are indeed very mind altering and at times extremely difficult to regulate depending on the diagnosis. America please wake up, ask questions, demand answers.
On the issue of Kerry, someone made a very simple statement (actually believe it was Cheney) with powerful implimentations, are you ready for Edwards to run this country TODAY....in the event something happened to Kerry? Very good point to ponder at the booth.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
LOL...I notice him stumble whenever he has to pronouce a word that is made up of more than 3 syllables...

A-boo Gra-oob. Or as we commonly refer to the Iraqi prison: Abu Ghraib (ah-boo Grabe or Gra-eeb).

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
ECK - you're partially right. I looked it up, and French-born Roland Mesnier was until recently the White House's pastry chef. He's held that position for 25 years, and announced four years ago that he planned to retire (so NO, Bush didn't fire him because he was French).

www.whitehouse.gov...
www.npr.org...

This article doesn't give me confidence as to the President's diet, though (well, as it stood in 2000 - don't know if it's changed since then):

www.mexico-info.com...

"Reporters covering the Bush campaign observed George W.'s diet as "largely that of a 13-year-old boy," citing his preference for cheese and bologna with mayo on white bread, PBJs, tacos and enchiladas. "He eats popcorn by trying to stuff more into his mouth than will fit so that crumbs cascade down his front. He pops peanuts one at a time, while clutching a handful," one reporter noted."

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gizmoqt
I believe that the president's(elect) health should play a very, very important factor on the election! We as the American people have a right to know if the man we are voting for has a chance of a mental break down, the chance of becoming mentally incompetent, or just incapacitated! Bush elected to post-pone his yearly physical....something to hide? I dont like the fact that the American people do not DEMAND answers, this would be the difference of who would run this country in the event something happens to the Commander and Chief! Also, I am very familiar with mood stabilizing, and anti-depressant medications, they are indeed very mind altering and at times extremely difficult to regulate depending on the diagnosis. America please wake up, ask questions, demand answers.

Back in the Clinton days, the right went after Clinton (with respect to his medical records) with a vengeance. I clearly remember, I was one of Rush's faithful ditto-heads back then and he loved talkin that up.

And you're right. We have every right to demand answers to this question.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
In my opinion we are playing Russian Roulette with our votes for Presidency without all of the facts! Only difference is, WE will take the bullet!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I voted early and am glad to be done with it. I'm confident in the choice I made, as Rummy would say, knowing the known unknowns.

After voting for Bush in 2000, I just hope that Kerry doesn't disappoint me equally. This is the first time I've ever voted for a Democrat.

Strange times we are living in.

top topics

join